LOL, my first music post on the Planetz...

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

YISH313z

LOL, my first music post on the Planetz...

Post by YISH313z »

Wanted to share a record i composed recently, unfortunately there is no Scope involved as Im not able to use the STS yet in Win 8. But figured some feedback from you guys is still valuable to me.

http://www.reverbnation.com/iamyish/son ... -and-mouse
hubird

Re: LOL, my first music post on the Planetz...

Post by hubird »

Fabulous! Groove Salad radio would play it.
Great arrangement also.
Can you tell us more about the way you made it?
YISH313z

Post by YISH313z »

Thanks Hubird! Hmm, Groove Salad? Im gonna have to check that out!

Ahh, where do i begin...

Well, i'm no Pianist, so I was looking at a Youtube video on II-V-I progressions and really liked the sound of it so I thought id give it a shot.

Well once I laid the progression down it all just spilled out then. Im pretty good with Melodies vs Harmony(I played Clarinet in High School, go figure)

Using mostly Komplete: Kontakt and Battery 4 sounds, and my Sound Effect collection, i begin coming up with the parts, but not before I had the idea of putting a story behind it, hence the Cat and Mouse title. It just ran in my mind to write each part to a sorta Tom and Jerry kinda theme with the Piano and Brass being the Cat and the Rhodes and Glockenspiel being mostly the mouse.

I really wanted to create something not so monotonous as I usually have done. it took about 2 weeks to complete with ridiculous amounts of playback at work and in the car and even then i still could've done better with the mix at least.

The big build up part was made by ear with no particular progression in mind, and if you pay attention the build up stops with a loud drum roll and snare...that's where the Predator failed to catch his prey, lol. and in the end(I find it rather cheesy now! :) ), you can here where the cat, well, ate the mouse. LOL

All in all I just wanted to create something out of my usual element and have fun doing it too. I did all of the record in FLStudio!

Here is the scene breakdown i came up with for each part:

Intro**(00:10)

Scene 1 The Cat**(00:29)

Scene 2 The Mouse**(01:29)

Scene 3 Yes, I Will Get You**(02:28)

Scene 4 Come Here!! - The Chase**(03:13)

Scene 5 Not Today! - Mouse Escapes**(03:50)

Scene 6 Not So Fast**(04:15)

Scene 7 The End**(04:28)
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

Hi Yish, good music you made there. Ecxellent use of samples and Fx. Bravo!
astroman

Post by astroman »

yeah, the music started cool... nice ambience
just couldn't stand the fake vinyl noise... :(

cheers, Tom