Always Ever Edit

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bassdude

Always Ever Edit

Post by bassdude »

Mixed in scope using Timeworks EZ-Verb, Timeworks Vintage EQ, Vinco, STM 4896, stock gates, filters. Nothing else. Its not mastered either. Straight off the mix bus so not loud but there's dynamics! Just not sure of the bass levels.
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Stuart.
Bud Weiser

Re: Always Ever Edit

Post by Bud Weiser »

bassdude wrote:Mixed in scope using Timeworks EZ-Verb, Timeworks Vintage EQ, Vinco, STM 4896, stock gates, filters. Nothing else. Its not mastered either. Straight off the mix bus so not loud but there's dynamics! Just not sure of the bass levels.
Bassdude,- I think this sounds really good already even it´s mp3 and I listened over my office PC onboard audio and JBL Control 1 connected to a Kenwood amp from the 70s.
I listen to music often w/ this setup (CD player and DAT connected too), so I know it sounds pretty good compared to many other stuff.
Loud isn´t better,- so I like the dynamics and the shuffle feel of the drums as also all the instruments sound good to me.
Bass sounds well balanced here.
I´d have to listen to it w/ my Tannoys, Bryston3B Pro and XITE-1 connected which I can´t at the moment, but I think what you´ve done is the right direction.

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

+1 you can hear the fret noise on the bass slides and smooth sustained backing - is it mouthorgan/accordian ? Nice mix ( no prob w/ bass level here in iPhone plugs) w/ plenty of detail & feel, begging for a lead vocal.
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Hey thanks for the comments guys! Everything is set up in an office room at the moment so I don't have my normal listening environment! Finally got council approval to build my shed now so hopefully soon i'll have the studio back. BTW, Its a Harmonium Dante!
Stuart.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

The song is really beautiful, inspiring, the chord progressions are so warmth.

To me, the balance is good, depending of what you are aiming the song for of course, if a voice is going to sing over, or if there will be a voice over, or if it will play as is.

Personally, I would definitely raise the bass level between two or three Db because the intensity of the music cries for it. I am positively sure about rising the bass level here, for me it would be an immediate bettering of the whole feeling.

For the same reason, for the beautiful emotional intensity of the song, I would compress drums giving this particular sound used in some country music, where you can feel drums like if they were played with more emotion, which is a subjective perception of course, but that it really works. Copmpresed this way, drums are at the same level but they are magically perceived as if the drummer was crazy for the song, hot playing it. To a certain extent, this effect it is used for instance in “You Get What you Give” from New Radicals. If you pay attention, drums are rather law, but they have a strong presence because of the way they have been compressed, they are perceived louder than they actually are. In your song this effect would mean much.

So in a general way, I would need more “foundation presence” from drum and bass to let myself go with the feelings that are in the upper range of the song, it is like having a nice lift while you pay attention only to these great emotions.

Please tell your friends this is a beautiful song and a beautiful take too :D
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*