Having a go at Angelic music

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Ambient<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: mda ePiano ElotTronix XL Atmosphere and samples<BR> SOCAN©2004 Paul R. Martin<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> This one may please Eliam.

The influences are a combination of Eno and Iazos.

Enjoy :smile:
Are we listening?..
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

very tasty.

love the dreamy feel.

be perfect on a movie or an RPG

would like to get hold of it and make a dnb or house track out of it

Keep rollin'
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Great idea!

Send me a private message so we can set ourselves up to exchange files, eh?
Are we listening?..
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Really nice and dreamy Paul.
I like the choice of instrumentation to support the choirs.
If anything the panning of the choirs changes the mood for me from being "angelic" and more towards thoughts of the sea. There is a "feeling" to me, due to the continual panning, that removes a bit of the beauty that I'd asociate with angels.
Loved it though!
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

A beautiful mood rather than a song, sort of like laying in the country with the eyes half closed looking up every now and then at the slowing drifting clouds. I enjoyed this very much. If I was trying to look for something to niggle about I'd perhaps think the harp glissandos were a little predictable, but this is really getting picky !

Was this made using SOV ?
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Thanks for the comments, you guys!

SOV is the correct answer.

I knew the harps were a bit "overkill" but I wanted opinions about them and I got one.

The tune is redone now(cross-fading versions in different tonalitites to add a chord progression) but I will redo it again without the harp and see what transpires when I upload it.

:smile:
Are we listening?..
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Hi i tried to send a private message yesterday but it never got to you. was sent back with delivery status unknown etc.
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Sent you an email.
I may have deleted your message without looking as you have a Hotmail account. I flush those systematically with MailWasher.

Sorry :smile:
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

i take it my next e-mail did not get threough again so here they are.

Glad you up for the remix

spose i need to get hold of presets, audio loops and midi file depending on what equipment was used, to get to work on it.

once i done what i've done, send it back and see what you think and where to take it.

let me know how you think is best way to go about it.

Cheers. (hope you enjoyed some tasty eggs today)

-----------------------------------------

um yeah send me the address and how you will package it up.

i got atmosphere and the mda epiano and obvously SFP. Pulsar 2 stuff and only Mod 2

hear from you soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Liquid EDGE on 2004-04-15 10:59 ]</font>
braincell

Post by braincell »

Very nice. You'll notice even with Eno the sound evolves (albeit slowly). I kept imagining (and wishing) that Fripp would jump in and add a bit of edge and a contrasting texture.