House track?

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Effects,Pulsar Mixers,Pulsar Synths<BR> copyright © Liquid EDGE<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> Did this track a little while ago
it's a housey type thing sort of hard and progressive yet atmospheric.

Any comments appreciated

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Liquid EDGE on 2004-06-02 15:41 ]</font>
Submarine

Post by Submarine »

I saw that nobody answer you so i heared it,now i ask me how can it be ,that nobody say something about this megacool track!!?
I like it so much because it grooves, its very well mixed and have a club athmosphere
in it without use of too much things.
Well done.:wink:
Basic Pitch

Post by Basic Pitch »

Nice Track!

I like this atmospheric feeling you have going, nice vocal effects aswell, I like the computer vox, adds a cool vibe to the track. Well put together, and sounds very clean on my system, good work! If there was one thing I would change personally myself, it would have to be the snare, the rest of the track is punchy and brite, though when the snare rolls come thru it just doesnt sound like it has the same strenth or punch as the rest of the devices used.

Aside from that one little thing I found, I enjoyed the track a bunch..

Cheers!
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

cheers for the comments guy's and for being the first to review Submarine. Positive thoughts are a help for the esteem.

yes. since it's pointed out, that snare could be punchier, i'll have to see if i can sort that out.

Basic Pitch, thanks for letting me know what u used for a couple of sounds in u track as well.

keep Rollin'
Basic Pitch

Post by Basic Pitch »

Np,

I just noticed I didnt answer one paert of the question, The Sequenced synth is a Super JV1080.. CW devices really shine when ya mix them in with hardware, you cant tell the different, these days I barely touch any VSTi's, though I still lean towards romplers a bit :wink:

Cheers!
scary808

Post by scary808 »

I like it very much!

One idea I thought of while listening is to run the "mind scanner" sample through a filter. Gradually increase the cutoff as the song builds. Also, set up an aux return with a delay at 1/4T or something. Occasionally send that same filtered sample to that aux. Maybe even jut the word scanner. These could be the icing on the cake... an already very yummy cake!

Looking forward to more of your submissions!
madcat

Post by madcat »

Id say u were pretty high when u wrote this track i think it could do with less vocals and more sobaness esp around the mid levels could be more bread like. but i would say most of all. CHECK OUT THE BROADSIDE? happy deckin
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Thnx scary808. They good ideas think i might just do what you sugest.

madcat. i see if can get the bread sound achived!?

yeah, romplers kick they basically comp versions of emu modules and jv's.

cheers guys

Keep Rollin'
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

I like it. Ditch the snare roll though. And it sort of sounds the same all trough the +6 minutes, could do with a bit more variation.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

i know what you mean about it sounding the same for a while but the idea is that another tune would be mixed in on the second drop. also i'm in the school of thought that if it sounds good roll it out. + 5 mins or so to a pissed or drugged person(in a club) goes by like a minute. but you right, mabye i could do a radio edit or summin. i take it you talking about the roll before the first drop that apears every so often at the end of bars, what would you suggest as a replacement?

Cheers

Keep rollin'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Liquid EDGE on 2004-04-19 23:47 ]</font>
Basic Pitch

Post by Basic Pitch »

Just as an idea,

How about you sample a long verb from a snare, then reverse the audio set an envelope on the audio then process the crap out of it and use that as a lead instead of the snare rolls, that type of stuff always sounds great.

Also another awesome thing which is the same is to use a deep grand piano key in the same effect as described, I love that effect when all you hear is the reverse of the grand hit. after it builds mute it froma crash cymbol or a gated kick.

Just some real typical general ideas :wink:

Cheers!