Update 8/13: AP Remix Never Let Me Down (Sense of Reverence)

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Basic Pitch

Post by Basic Pitch »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Trance<BR> 2004 Basic Pitch<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> ** 8/13 Update: Hi all, its been a while since I posted this mix, and this was the very 1st serious mix I tried to do with my Scope system, well I won the contest heh, never thought that would happen but out of like 500+ submission I took the grand prize. Some nice prizes too, but mostly im just happy to be a scope user and have all that warm shark'ish goodness :wink:

This is like a true testiment to the quality of this system for me.

Cheers!

--------------------------------------------
Greetings once again all!

Here is something new I am working on, I wouldnt call it completed but its a good start and pretty much the base for what it will be, I think I need to add a bit more to towards the end of the track, but ill see what you guys feel :wink:

Uses, Ahh too many this time lol, here goes, some items were in mutliples.

Creamware Devices:
- STM 2448
- Prodessey
- Pro One
- "Wolfs" Multifilter
- Masterverb Pro
- SSB delays
- SSB flanger
- Delay (S)
- Optimaster
- Vinco
- Adern Kickme

Hardware Synths:
- Roland SH101
- Nord2
- Roland JV1080

VST+DSP Plugs/Synths:
- Battery
- Atmosphere
- Stylus
- UAD LA2A's, 1176s & Phasor
- TC Powercore Chorus/Delays, Classic Verb
- NI Reaktor

I think that was everything heh, anyways I wanted to upload a 196bit file but its size excedes the upload limit so heres a 128bit. The track is a nice bouncy house/dance style track with lots of vocal edits and percussion, I even did the congas (I have no idea what came over me lol), 137 BPM and I think it drives pretty nicely, using some analog stuff really helped warm things up and the vox is pretty uplifting.

Theres a few spots that need edits done and some mix tweaks but all in all its a good 1st run, I hope you all enjoy it, this was a great time since I really delved deep into my CW card, using obscure routings and patching the mixer through Nuendo, I was doing some strange stuff but it sounds pretty clean and spacious to my ears.

Let me know what ya think needs work or just your general thoughts. As always I appreciate any and all replies to all at the Z!

Cheers!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Basic Pitch on 2004-04-07 21:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Basic Pitch on 2004-04-11 00:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Basic Pitch on 2004-04-11 01:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Basic Pitch on 2004-08-13 15:56 ]</font>
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Deserves to be released and sell lots this one.
Yes, you really have done some delving haven't you? :grin:
Excellent track throughout - great vocals too.

Sounds great on my rig.

Well, I've got my Atmosphere installed at last so..............
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Very excellent indeed !
Really enjoyed it - sounded very professional and I liked the sensibility as well. Persussion is great - I think it's sequenced, but it's got a very human feel to it.
The synth that comes in at 1.52 could be a bit 'thicker', but otherwise faultless.
Top stuff.
Ben
Basic Pitch

Post by Basic Pitch »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the reviews! The perc is sequenced, but I threw it at wolfs multi filter which sort of gave it this modulating effect and it just came alive, it made it sound as if it had a more human feel which was really great since I never expected to get such an effect from the multifilter (Kudos Wolf!).

As far as the sort of sonar like submarine synth, I too pondered raising it in volume but then I sort of felt it served more or less like a " Uhh ohh something is about to happen " sort of like a warning siren hehe, then vocal edit hell stikes!

Was alot of fun this time, I am REALLY diggin my CWA stuff, the more I play around and find trouble the better results I am finding heh.

Cheers!
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Rather impressive tune.

for me the arpegiated sound is the killer factor. what instrument did you use for it.
also what inst for buzz synth sound which goes from left to middle. and finnally the bass sound. Is that vocal phased or some other effect?

This track is uplifting without being to cheesy.

Great tune Top production

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Liquid EDGE on 2004-04-08 15:35 ]</font>
Basic Pitch

Post by Basic Pitch »

Hi there Liquid,

Thanks for the review :wink: the bass? well none other than the classic bass master, the Roland SH101 processed thru a Vinco, as for the buzzing sound that has panning properties, thats a patch I made with Creamwares Prodessey if were talking about the same sound, I have two small sound hits if your reffering the 1st one that comes in and is flangy and delayed then thats the Prodessey :wink:

As for the vocals, well, I have a bunch of different techniques I use on them, but I processed alot of them thru Wolfs "Multifilter", then to give a nice clean edge verb on the filter with out distorting them, I used a TC classic verb as an insert on one part of the vox which makes the effect default to the stereo out buss (1) though I sent the track to the STM2448 to a buss I had the Multifilter on, the end result is the verb is the clean vox and sounding sweet and un filtered while the source is filtered and modulating.

Hope that makes sense :wink:

Cheers!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Basic Pitch on 2004-04-09 10:40 ]</font>
DJ Mosley

Post by DJ Mosley »

This is cool. I am a NYC DJ. I am going to play this at my club tonight. I'll let you now how it goes.