Additions to the Matrix Mixer Family

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

mausmuso

Additions to the Matrix Mixer Family

Post by mausmuso »

HI There
Here is a couple of new versions of the Monitor Matrix 816 and 1616.
These two are functionally the same as the previously released versions, but are 'Low Profile' versions to save on screen real estate.
For those of you who might use these in a live situation, I realised that you will likely set them up and not change settings too much from then on, therefore these versions will likely be more appropriate and easier to use.
The colour scheme associated with the inputs (reflected in the output monitoring) might help to gain a visual understanding of what is going where.
Features (1616):
- Up to 16 mono channels.
- Adjacent channels can be ganged to give up to 8 stereo output channels
- Each input can be sent to any of the outputs (e.g. a foldback mix for the vocalist can also be sent to backup singers, complete with their own gain controls)
- Each output can only receive one input at a time - no mixing of inputs is possible.
- Headphone monitoring of 2 channels (left ear/right ear). A single channel can be sent to both ears or 2 independent mono channels can be selected, or stereo channels may be monitored.
The Input selectors for each channel sometimes disappear, but if you click where they are located they will reappear again. Played with the GO tree but can't seem to stop them doing this on occasions.
There are two mic inputs which allow the 'mixing guy' to talk via one of more of the outputs. I imagine they would plug mics into the front of a XITE-1 to quietly provide messages to those on stage, or in fact to make an announcement via the FOH if the main feed is going through one of these devices.
I realise these devices will have limited or no use the many Scopers, but for what its worth here they are.
maus
Monitor Matrix LP.png
Monitor Matrix LP.png (228.49 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
Monitor Matxi LP.zip
(931.25 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
dante

Re: Additions to the Matrix Mixer Family

Post by dante »

Looks functional for live. Have you used it live w/ a number of maus musos yet ?
mausmuso

Re: Additions to the Matrix Mixer Family

Post by mausmuso »

dante wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:04 pm Looks functional for live. Have you used it live w/ a number of maus musos yet ?
Hwy Dante,
No I don't play live anymore.
I did play in a sequencing band for many years, and it is from that experience that I envisaged the need for these devices.
I think they will have limited application but you never know.
regards
maus