Matrix Mixer Family is Growing

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

mausmuso

Matrix Mixer Family is Growing

Post by mausmuso »

Hi There,
I have developed a couple of new devices for what is now a family of Matrix Mixer type devices.
The first is a little brother of the Matrix Mixer
It has 8 Channels and 4 busses.
Everything else is pretty much the same as its bigger brother.
I use this myself on my Pulsar card and also for stemming work.
The other device is not a mixer at all, but a signal distributor, aimed primarily at sending various mixes to FOH, Foldback and IEM for individual monitoring.
There might be other uses, but not sure at this stage.
It features up to 16 mono inputs which can be outed to 16 mono or 8 stereo outputs (no mixing of channels here, you can only select one input at a time per output channel).
Given that an engineer will want to setup and monitor individual outputs, there is a stereo Phones out as well.
Like the channels, the Phone outs may be managed as monos or a stereo pair and they monitor the 'Outputs' of each channel.
It may be a little confusing when you first use this device that the phones are monitoring outputs not inputs.
If, say, Ch 3 & 4 are set to receive a stereo mix for the guitarist, coming in on inputs 11 & 12, then to monitor this mix set the phones to stereo and select outputs 3 & 4 as the source (not 11 & 12).
You can also turn off extra channels to save on DSP usage.
BTW this device does not support the setting up of the various mixes. That has to happen in other mixers in the project.I hope this has some application for scope users, although I realise that not everyone works live with a sciope system.
Regards
maus
Matrix Mixer Monitor.png
Matrix Mixer Monitor.png (267.88 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
MatrixMixerMonitor.zip
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
dawman

Re: Matrix Mixer Family is Growing

Post by dawman »

Well I’m a changed man now.
I noticed on your other mixer how much stronger my hardware FX sounded by using your BUSS/AUX idea but the 16 8 2 was overkill for me. I use a resolution that has trouble with GUI that don’t have resizing.
When I saw this I gave it considerable thought and realized I could run less channels from my VST Host since I don’t use Effects or mix there.
So I made my ASIO Module half of its size since it’s not important that Kontakt have 16 channels. Going from 24 channels down to 12 then adding my Hammond B3 module and SE-02 w/ tight and wide is perfect.
With that to the side I then added the Monitor Mixer, love the Wireless w/ IEMs too, and have both of them working.

Want to see if I-can get the Monitor Mixer to work in th same project.

I was getting slight phasing issues with AUXs on my Strymon hardware FX.
My Reverbs would need volume adjustments to be more transparent.
Your Buss /AUX seems to require less volume to sound good and have eliminated occasional phasing certain algorithms suffer from.

My new mixer.
Thanks Maus
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

I too noticed some phasing issues.
I will have a look at that sometime.
I am working on a smaller version of the Monitor Matrix with 8 in and 16 out.
This might be better from a DSP and a Screen sizing perspectives, if 8 mono or 4 stereo ins is sufficient for you.
This version also has two talkback mic inputs to allow the mixing guy to speak direct via any or all of the 8 input channels.
I am just tidying up a bit before I will upload it.
maus
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

thx mausmuso
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR