CMS-1

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

t_tangent

Re: CMS-1

Post by t_tangent »

Thanks Roy, I will have a look later on. Appreciate the help :)
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

roy thinnes wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:24 am No, you just need to install the setup as metioned in the first post.
If you run into any problems, just ask :)
Hi Roy,

I finally went to try cms-1

I installed scopesync-v0.6.0.62 and also ScopeOSC-v0.1.4-beta then installed CMS-1 v0.1.0.62.

When I go to load it in scope I get a can’t find cms-1 1.0.1 dsp (or something very similar)

Do you have this file please? There is no CSM-1 dsp file in my dsp folder..
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Or, whoever has this working does anyone have this dsp file?

Scopesync and bcmodular are working fine, so by all accounts CSM-1 should work fine for me..

Oh, this is on my xp32bit.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Also, just to confirm

Is scopesync and also CMS-1 fine on a 64bit system?
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Sorry, it's been three years now since I last looked at this, so I'll have to do a bit of catching up myself :)

Did you use the Windows Installer to install CMS-1? Theoretically that should walk you through all of the steps to choose the right directories to install stuff, including dependencies like the C++ redistributable. There is a Zip file version, but it's definitely more complicated to install manually.

32-bit and 64-bit should both work fine, also for the VST plugin versions both in VST2 and VST3. I know a lot has changed in VST3 support in the last couple of years though, so let me know if anything has stopped working.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

By the error message, I would suggest that the DLL file didn't end up in the right place in the Scope directory. If you have Scope installed in a non-standard place, you need to tell the installer, so it knows where to put it.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

When I run the installer on this Windows laptop, this is what ends up in my Scope PCI folder:
cms.png
cms.png (7.11 KiB) Viewed 11410 times
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Thanks, I’ll have a look into it.

I’m sure I have the most up to date installers for all bits

I used the installers for each part. Scopesync/scopeOSC/CMS-1…

It’s for my Xite-1, incase that makes any difference?
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Try running the cms installer again and pay close attention to the directories tab. Do you see that dll file in your scope xite/app/dll folder?
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Yeah it’s there.. 🤷‍♂️

Installed again as well.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Strange! I assume you've tried the obvious things, like restarting scope and/or your pc?

Other things that could be a problem would be if the c++ redistributable didn't install properly or if you have a firewall that is blocking the dll.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

w_ellis wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:37 pm Strange! I assume you've tried the obvious things, like restarting scope and/or your pc?

Other things that could be a problem would be if the c++ redistributable didn't install properly or if you have a firewall that is blocking the dll.
Yeah, I’m a bit perplexed.

I’m having the last thought.

Thanks though.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Right, what I’m finding is that only scopesync 1.0.1 .dll & (vst) is the only scope sync working on my XP32bit set up, anything else does not get found. Generates a “can’t find blah blah dsp” and the only scopesync related VST that shows up in cubase is scopesync1.0.1

What was all this stuff written on?

I know xp is a dinasour of an OS so that’s what I’m putting it down to…. So I’m guessing that the CMS-1 files want/tweaked/use scopesync AFTER 1.0.1…. 🤷‍♂️ (I’m sure I had a working CMS-1 on xp, but I’m sure it was the first/very early version of it, not sure, can’t remember fully)

Total assumption here…

When I get time and after I’ve cloned my win1064bit hard drive I’ll install all the latest versions of scopesync/scopeOSC/CMS-1 and see how it gets on there. 👍