dynamic_mixer_x.zip
(484.21 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
dynamixmod.jpg
dynamixmod.jpg (251.13 KiB) Viewed 3832 times
dynamic mixer modular adapted

scope v5 needed

any modular version is fine

this mixer uses dynamic pads and this doesn't work inside modular, so:

the first time you open the dynamic mixer it has everything enabled, all stereo channels are on, but if you switch a channel to mono, it will use only left channel

this is ok, but if you switch back to stereo, it will not restore the channel on the right.

Needless to say, before of saving the modular patch, be sure you have the right mixer configuration, then it will work flawlessly.
dawman

Re: Dynamic mixer x - mod

Post by dawman »

Dearest DJ of Micron.
I have audio functioning perfectly.
B2003 channel 1, Minimax channel 2, Prophet V channel 3, and two external audio in's that house my SE-1X Analog Synthesizer.
To see the GUIs for each unit, I have CC71 for the B2003, CC72 Mini, CC73 ProV and CC74 for the Dynamic mixer.
I cannot get the GUIs for the Mini and ProV once I save the Modular Shell.
It works OK until something in the porject window is saved.
And whenever I recall a project it always say that 6% of the presets are compatible, check yes to continue.
I hope these tidbits help out, as I really love the small sized Project window, and small mixers I can use.
I am using the old SpaceF C2 w/ no direct outputs for live, and I love that little mixer.
Dynamic Mixer is perfect as I can use Inserts, Gain/Trim, and Pan. I rather like sending a snapshot of a mix to the mixer where only effects and volume need adjustments, if any.

Thanks

JAV
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

It works OK until something in the porject window is saved.
Thank you jimmy,
i'll check what's wrong
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

I have CC71 for the B2003, CC72 Mini, CC73 ProV and CC74
are you using the latest devices i've sent to you?

do you remember that the cc you are using now are in conflict with your external controller?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Actually the numbers I sent you are my options that I have to use on every project.
I changed the Drawbars around and they are assigned to buttons now so the faders can be used for mixing, and effects sends, etc.

I have the B2003 and Dynamic/Micro Mixer working like charms.
It's the GUI buttons on the Minimax and ProV that work for a little while and then no longer respond.
I have each Shell now set to Omni, and the devices then have their own Channels, so the little GUI buttons should respond, but I shall keep trying.

I am unsure of the conflicts I am having you mention, could you please explaing to my peanut sized brain what I might be doing wrong..?

Thanks
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

have you changed the cc number assigned to the closing button on the surface of the instruments(not the button i made on the modular module, the one on the top right corner with an x)?

if yes, then it's normal that it doesn't work, else, i have to investigate a little more :)
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

djmicron wrote:have you changed the cc number assigned to the closing button on the surface of the instruments(not the button i made on the modular module, the one on the top right corner with an x)?

if yes, then it's normal that it doesn't work, else, i have to investigate a little more :)
Hi !

As a reminder,- you´ve sent MIDI CC modified devices to me too.

According to my former post in B2003 for Modular thread http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... 74#p285374 ...

it would be best to use the in MIDI spec undefined MIDI controller numbers, especially if you go on w/ creating more for Modular modified devices.
As a result, there will be more surfaces and switching, so more MIDI CCs necessary for this.

All the following MIDI CC numbers are ideal to standardize the device surface switching task and I know that requires an agreement.

#92 / 94 / 95
#102-108
#110-119

Jimmy,- is it possible for you to re-organize your actual MIDI CCs that way so we don´t have to ask DJMicron for individual versions anymore which is less work for him ?

I already use MIDI CC #117-119 (B2003 / Profit / Minimax)

DJM,- what are the numbers for Micromixer and Dynamic mixer ?

thx a lot

Bud
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

in the next update i will add the option to change the cc assignment on the module panel.

The micro and dynamic mixer are using cc 116 and they don't need midi in inside the modular, because the cc assignment to faders is inherited from the modular shell.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ladies & Gentlemen.....................Bud Weiser,......Brotha' of Mich Elobe.
DJMicron is a trained professional and knows the open panel CC tricks will please all.
I love having everything in a single shell, preferrably the 8 x 8 Shell.

Thanks DJM......
spacef

Post by spacef »

does this change anything to the dsp assignments ? I mean, if you put all in a modular shell, it is obviously bigger than 1 dsp, and so users of xite would normally assign components to various dsp. But inside modular shell, you don't need this anymore ? (it's a question).
Also, when do you plan to put scope inside a modular shell ? haha, just kidding, no answer expected ;-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Bud Weiser,......Brotha' of Mich Elobe.
You mean him ?
http://www.elephant.se/database2.php?elephant_id=3559
:lol:
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: DJMicron is a trained professional and knows the open panel CC tricks will please all.
I love having everything in a single shell, preferrably the 8 x 8 Shell.

Thanks DJM......
ditto !

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

djmicron wrote:in the next update i will add the option to change the cc assignment on the module panel.
Cool, best solution imaginable !

thx

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

:lol: I went to Ulysses Grant's Farm and Grants Cabin all the time on field trips, back when kids were taught real history instead of this politically correct bull shit sugar coating they get in Public Schools now. Thankfully we sent my youngest boy to private school until he was a sophmore. This ensured he could just chase young girls around and play sports, as they were teaching him nonsense mixed with subjects he learned years before the Government Indoctrination.......................sorry, I meant Public schools were teaching.

SpaceF........Man Or Myth........
What you do is assign the empty shell, or single instrument shell a DSP assignment, then clear it, then build a 3 synth module and watch it span across the slots.
But I think that these adapters were meant to chain together, but I prefer the space saving of having 3 synths in a single shell.

Modular and the STM2448 were optimized really well, and stock effects and synths too.
So if you stick to the STM2448, the synths and Modular you can load lots of stuff.
Your stuff actually works really well for 3rd party devices, but recent RCs have STW effects really taking up DSP and also my favorite Modulation effect Flu-Liq is a serious Hog.

I really wished I would have kept the Jimmy V Happy BDay RC as I could load tons of stuff and endless effects. Not sure if it was x64 that changed this or a new RC, but that version was significantly more powerful.