Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

emphazer

Re: BC MODULAR v0.91b

Post by emphazer »

BIG thanks for this nice pack!
really love it!
:D :D :D :D
and btw, for all people who dont like the behringer bcedit...
use this nice bc manager tool. it can dump syx files, record controls, save presets etc etc etc

http://mntn-utils.110mb.com/index.php?p=1_6
tomylee

Post by tomylee »

wow I guess I´m late to that party ^^

great modules! when playing around I noticed that the LFOs dont accept any mod input at "frequency in" or just "f", so they are not modulable I guess? - tried sync to async and bipolar to unipolar, freq outputs etc, nothing worked I get an error message, that way I cant modulate the lfos with cv - maybe I can get going with the oscillators, but will the go LF? :)

continuing to playing around with them at 4am :)
sharc

Post by sharc »

tomylee wrote:I noticed that the LFOs dont accept any mod input at "frequency in" or just "f", so they are not modulable I guess? - tried sync to async and bipolar to unipolar, freq outputs etc, nothing worked I get an error message, that way I cant modulate the lfos with cv
Yep, it's a bug on the LFO's - IIRC it's caused by the way the Frequency control on the LFO module's panel is wired. There is a workaround though. Try connecting a diode (from the logical menu) between your modulation source and the LFO freq input. Can't remember if this causes any undesirable effects but should work OK.

EDIT: Done some testing on that and yes it does work but rules out audio rate FM (Can't handle above approx 1Hz) of the LFO.

The 'Tiny Sine LFO' doesn't have the same issue ...and of course you can use other LFO's from modular instead until the issue's fixed
tomylee

Post by tomylee »

great hints :) - actually it works in my case if I connect a sync to async module before the diode, as I want an audio signal to control lfo frequency - is version v1 coming soon? :) I think those modules are worth paying for, you should earn something for them :)

hmm the diode, looks like the 1hz is kind of a limit even with slow signals, is there a diode that works with sync signals? tried to connect the creamware one but that one does not connect to the lfos, I was ok using the oscillators for that as they pretty much do quite the same expect for the fadein and other nice features :)

cheers
lee