MOVEQ+ FREE V1.3b ---CORRECTED---; last edit 03.11.07

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

I think I got it! :D Correct me if I am wrong....
The G(EQ) is the permanent gain applied.. The +/- slider gives the direction and the amount of the modification of the G(EQ). The amount of modification of the G(EQ) depends as well on the G(EF) setting. (But why have 2 things for the same purpose?)

So in my examples...
1) the G(EQ) is set to 0, the +/- slider towards the - side and the G(EF) towards the right side to taste.
2) the G(EQ) is set to 0, the +/- slider towards the + side and the G(EF) towards the right side to taste.

Correct?
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

There are no stupid questions. Ask as much as you want, because it's interesting where users have problems and how to fix them.

The MOVEQ+ has by default no compressor-like settings. To have a treshhold you have to add a gate in the inserts... I'll try to explain:

1. You got an EQ where you can change gain.
2. The gain can be changed manually or automatically.
3. Set the gain manually to a specific value. With moveq you now can influence that value adding automatically a value or substracting a value...
4. Where does that added/substracted value come from?
5. It is derived from the loudness of incoming audio. An envelope follower gets if the signal is high or low and sends values according to that.
6. The Envelopefollowers reaction/sensibility can be controlled by the EF-gain. Set it high and the EF will send relatively high values even if the incoming signal is low.
7. Now how can I add or substract? With the slider you can set the amount (yes, again, like a second EF gain...) and the direction of the signal.
8. But how can I boost something when music is low? Boosting a low frequency when music is silent has to be done by substracting a value from a manually set high EQ gain. Set EQ gain to +12db. Set slider to - and EF gain to a value which sets your EQ gain (shown with the ring) to a normal level, when music is at 'normal' loudness. When music becomes silent the EQ gain will rise!
9. I want to have a treshhold! No problem! Place a gate in the insert below EF and set desired treshhold. Now EF will only react on signals above that treshhold!

Martin

P.S. yes it sounds complicated, but it is not. You just have to once understand the principle then it works just wonderful!
rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

Hello Martin and thank you for your great explanation! :) I think it is clear now! :D
So, I was wrong in my 2nd example answer. What I said would lead to a boost of the low frequency when the music gets louder, which is not what I wanted.. Correct?

.. BTW, I am impressed with the flexibility of the device.. I am going to explore it as much as possible!.. I had two ideas-requests for the device.. The first one, I am sure it is difficult to implement, so just ignore it: make it modular in the same way the DynamicMixer is. One will be able to have as many bands as he wants (with 2 as minimum).... The other idea is to make the presets system like it is in the STM2448 mixer.. That is you can have presets for the device as a whole, and you can have presets that apply only to a single band (whichever one that is)... Like MixerPresetList and ChannelPresetList of the 2448.. What do you think about that?

Thanks again for everything! :)
rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

Yesss... its all coming together now!...This device is amazing!!! Thank you!! :)

I have a couple of questions regarding the GATE.. I imagine that when you insert a GATE, it is logical that the EF section settings are overrided... But what are the frequency and Q factor doing in a gate? And what are the two green buttons for?

I hope I am not getting too tiring... :roll:
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

jeah the sliders and the ENV GAIN are a little bit what we call in germany "doppelt-gemoppelt" ! hehehe
:lol:
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

"So, I was wrong in my 2nd example answer. What I said would lead to a boost of the low frequency when the music gets louder, which is not what I wanted.. Correct?"

Correct!

"The first one, I am sure it is difficult to implement, so just ignore it: make it modular in the same way the DynamicMixer is. One will be able to have as many bands as he wants (with 2 as minimum)...."

Nice one, really good idea, but way too much work as long as there are other ideas in my head.

"The other idea is to make the presets system like it is in the STM2448 mixer.. That is you can have presets for the device as a whole, and you can have presets that apply only to a single band (whichever one that is)... Like MixerPresetList and ChannelPresetList of the 2448.. What do you think about that?"

Interesting. I never noticed that. WIll look into it.

"I have a couple of questions regarding the GATE.. I imagine that when you insert a GATE, it is logical that the EF section settings are overrided... But what are the frequency and Q factor doing in a gate? And what are the two green buttons for?"

No, EF is still behind gate. It only works, when gate lets through the frequency-range-specified and treshhold gated audio signal. So you can say it only begins working on "50%" audiolevel. Then >50% it will work like without gate.

@hifiboom
"jeah the sliders and the ENV GAIN are a little bit what we call in germany "doppelt-gemoppelt" ! hehehe"

Not really, because it is quite necessary to adjust the EF to be right working. It makes usage of sliders easier. They are sometimes difficult to handle anyway, when trying to get only subtle movements ...

Martin
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

MC, so the ENV Gain is some sort of input gain leveling, right.

If so, I`ve also learned something.... :)
rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

MCCYRANO wrote:"
No, EF is still behind gate. It only works, when gate lets through the frequency-range-specified and treshhold gated audio signal. So you can say it only begins working on "50%" audiolevel. Then >50% it will work like without gate.
Oh, I get it now! :) ...I noticed that the GATE doesn't work with a setting of 0.0dB Gain, no signal comes out at all. In order for the gain to work, at least one orange pixel must be lit (the gain meter sometimes shows 0.1dB and sometimes 0.0dB with this visual setting).

...wow.. I ve spent more than 4 hours playing with this device!.. :o :)
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

rodos1979 wrote:...wow.. I ve spent more than 4 hours playing with this device!.. :o :)
It's sure is addictive :cool:
redfishaudio

Post by redfishaudio »

Thanks MC from a new Scope User in Canada.

JRS
rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

Hello...again! :oops:

Martin, I have another request, if I may... :oops: This one, I guess that is easy to implement, if you have the time of course...
I would like the G(EF) to default to 0.0dB of gain when you double-click it (currently defaults to 6dB). And all the +/- sliders to default to the exact middle (currently they default to a bit above the middle, except the first slider of F, of band 1 that defaults to a bit higher than the rest).
I am talking about the 4-band version of MOVEQ+, which I mostly use. Maybe in the other two versions, things are different, but I d love the above-said things to be implemented in all three versions of MOVEQ+.

BTW, I d love to donate for this wonderful device. Is this possible?

P.S. And a question I forgot to ask.. How should I name the preset file so that it loads each time I load the device? I saved a preset file with the same name as the device, but it doesnt load, I have to do it manually every time...
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Oh, this will be lots of work. By now I wonder how I could manage to get MUBACO working as my time is extremely short. I have to straighten some very important things for my future-life by now... I didn't think of them too much the last months so now they come with full force.

I had some problems adjusting the faders, because they jumped where they wanted when I hit them 3-4 times. One doubleclick leads to another position than the other, so it was hard to evaluate if they jump correct.

The device searches for presetfile when you first load it. Name it exacly after the file which SCOPE searches!

Martin
rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

Oh.. I wish everything in your life to be good and organized in the way you want them! All the best to to you! :)

Ok.. I ll be quiet and not demanding from now on :).. One last question... What exactly are the names of the preset files? Because in my case, the devices do not ask for any preset file when they load!.. I don't know why...

P.S. I ll have a look at your MUBACO too :)
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Could someone please confirm that MOVEQ+ doesn't search for presets. I gave it a quick look and yes, somehow I used another version of it here and the one I send doesn't seem to search for presetfile ...
Sorry, so many versions (just deleted over 50 backups :) ) Hope these were real backups ;)

I will try to correct that preset thing now, but ... how could it be that noone else complains about it ????

Martin
MCCY

MOVEQ+ V 1.1

Post by MCCY »

- Fader defaults corrected.
- name presets as follows & it will work (MOVEQ+2, MOVEQ+4, MOVEQ+8)

Martin
Last edited by MCCY on Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
pling

Post by pling »

you are fast as light man! thx a lot for all your work! donation is on my to do list but the list is long... :wink:
for now: free hugs for free plugs :D
sniffadog

Post by sniffadog »

cool device cant wait to try it

cheers
Liquid Len

Careful with that axe, Eugene

Post by Liquid Len »

I have a question about the Stereo-Split Mode. From what I understand (I'm not absolutely sure), this mode changes the channels from

1L 1R 2L 2R 3L 3R 4L 4R

to

1L 2L 3L 4L 1R 2R 3R 4R

It just reassigns where the Left / Rights are, or did I miss something?
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Split off = all EQs are STEREO L+R (= 8x Stereo EQ)

Second for Split on is correct. 1l 2l 3l 4l 1r 2r 3r 4r

Martin
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Thanks for the clarification. Great plugin, I was trying it out for phaser effects, sounded awesome! Is there any way to gang (connect) the left and right?