TD-1 transient designer (XmiX 2007) definitive!

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

erminardi

TD-1 transient designer (XmiX 2007) definitive!

Post by erminardi »

[edit] yes it requires modularIII licence [/edit]
[edit] knobs & attack clicks issue solved, better sound [/edit]
[edit] no more phase inversion issue [/edit]
[edit] added MP3 demo with some extreme or mid settings, not that the overall volume is the same [/edit]

[edit] XmiX version [/edit]
[edit] now, finally, the definitive version without crash BUG [/edit]

TD-1 is the final version of a sort of Transient Designer.
I've built this for my own needs, but if U find it useful, take it for free ;)
It's not formally a classic Transient Designer as SPL.
I've built it for invigorate my drum loops. It's calibrated in my own taste and my "modus operandi".
Warning, maximized loops and/or higher pot levels can reach some unwanted distortion. The max sustain amount can't, actually, bring back the original sustain (but can pump it a lot!).
I'm very satisfied with this dev, I can pump my drum loop transient & presence without raising the overall volume. Obviously this FX is not suitable for all type of drum sound, so U must experiment...
After this FX I compress the drum track not much as before and I can obtain a "direct in the face" groove =)

Enjoy =)

ps. thanks to Djmicron for his beta testing and for his advices.

Dropout - www.cactusound.com

USAGE: set attack & sustain to max level and tune the output level a bit below distortion, then put to -64 attack & sustain and start to raise attack until U are satisfied, then experiment with sustain.
Attachments
TD-1-Xmix.jpg
TD-1-Xmix.jpg (25.56 KiB) Viewed 6151 times
TD-1 XmiX 2007.zip
(994.01 KiB) Downloaded 960 times

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by erminardi on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

have you used some modular3/flexor or some optional device inside of it ?

it does not work under a 3.1 installation where i don't have optional devices installed.
Last edited by djmicron on Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Yes, sorry, forgotten to say, it requires for now modularIII licence...
This is a project done in modIII and ported into dev, the main problem is that I can't replace all mod III modules with one corrispective basic device, it don't works no more as the original path.
I should learn more about the basic devices behavior and modular correlation.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Updated, solved some graphical bugs, removed clicks at low sustain and improved the overall sound.
MCCY

TD

Post by MCCY »

Erminardi,
very very nice looking devices. I like your logo very much.
This is so cool, to see the developer-community growing!!!!!
I yesterday saw your questions. If I can help at any point I will try, but I have not much time till 07.11. - until then you will be a real SDK-expert : No need of anyones help, rather the other way round ;)

Thanks, will try your devices soon...

Martin

P.S. Now we have two LE1, but it's no problem for me, just found it a bit irritating first.
erminardi

Re: TD

Post by erminardi »

MCCYRANO wrote:Erminardi,

P.S. Now we have two LE1, but it's no problem for me, just found it a bit irritating first.
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19840
Ooops! :o
I forgot that, sincerely...
My LE-1 means Loudness Enhancer, and I've put (fortunately) a "minus" between LE and 1 :wink:
Sorry... you're allowed to publish a "TD1" device from MCCYRANO brand :lol:

ps. thanks for the help offer :)
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Uh, this new version (beta, before was alpha) is very interesting also with bass loops and some other unconventional duty.
Don't forget to experiment with different stuff.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

it's much better now...
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

It features, now, some circuits from my LE-1 plug.
If I can solve the presets bug, both TD-1 & LE-1 are almost definitive IMO.
(preset feature is, howewer, not so fundamental with 2 knobs devices...) :P
Next project is a iper-tube warmer... stay tuned ;)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Final version: fixed phase bug issue.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

TD-1 Xmix is the last updated version of a sort of Transient Designer.
I've built this for my own needs, but if U find it useful, take it for free ;)
It's not formally a classic Transient Designer as SPL.
I've built it for invigorate my drum loops. It's calibrated in my own taste and my "modus operandi".
Warning, maximized loops and/or higher pot levels can reach some unwanted distortion. The max sustain amount can't, actually, bring back the original sustain (but can pump it a lot!).
I'm very satisfied with this dev, I can pump my drum loop transient & presence without raising the overall volume. Obviously this FX is not suitable for all type of drum sound, so U must experiment...
After this FX I compress the drum track not much as before and I can obtain a "direct in the face" groove =)

New: Xmix (clean<>wet) pot added for a better and wide control of the transients.
New: routing map reminder for a right understanding of the signal path and the pot usage.
New: improved circuit.

Enjoy =)

ps. thanks to Djmicron for his support.

Dropout - www.cactusound.com
sound(at)cactusound.com

USAGE: set attack & sustain to max level and tune the output level a bit below distortion (anyway the clipping here is not so harsh so it could be an interesting effect in the loop), then put to -64 attack & sustain and start to raise attack until U are satisfied, then experiment with sustain.

ps. I've tried a copy version of TD-1without some modularIII modules, but it, to parity of design, plays less incisive, so I've decided that it remains with ModIII usage. Maybe the modular modules are different in some sound nuances (the envelope follower seems to be more quick in response) than the relative devices in SDK.

[FOR THE FILE GO TO THE HEAD OF TREAD]
Last edited by erminardi on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

It will do wonders on the Kick drum samples. I still have never heard live drums with good kicks since Carmine Appice and Beck played. Always triggers w/o the wonderful SPL @ work, which suck most of the time.
musurgio

transient

Post by musurgio »

I will try this TD-1 for sure...
I would like to add here though that Transient killa a free device too is better sounding than Transient designer regarding the attack portion only, very warm and analogish.
The trick on transient killa is to low the input much with a drum hit.
I can post some preset if anyone is interested.
It is great when some free devices sound better than these top ones out there !!
Regards,
DIMITRIOS
erminardi

Re: transient

Post by erminardi »

musurgio wrote:I would like to add here though that Transient killa a free device too is better sounding than Transient designer regarding the attack portion only, very warm and analogish.
Thanks for your feedback :)
Keep in mind that for my taste I prefer agressive sound (from instant transient until almost clipping).
For warmer behavior I use often compression/limiting (UAD, CW) in parallel mode (or sometimes the wonderful Tkilla).
TD-1 standard extract the original transient separate from the sustain and then blend it in automatic with the original signal.
TD-1 XmiX allow to control manually the blend mix with original signal (somethin similar as parallel compression), for a better tuning for every kind of drum loops.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Here some MP3 with TD-1 XmiX and separate kick, reverbered snare and a entire mix with bass+drums (that it's not his correct usage...)
TD-1 XmiX mix bass+drums.mp3 has the effected track on the Left and the original on the right.
The others files are from a realtime countinusly tweaking several combinations of all knobs from original to effected and back to original sound.
I've not reached the maximum settings to avoid distortion and extreme sound modification.

Tips: If U want to avoid distortion in extreme settings just lover the audio level before the TD-1, in this way U will obtain headroom for the new added transients.
Attachments

hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Hi erminadi,

checked the TD-1 XMAS version and if I load more than one the second one is distorting the sound and at the end it crashes my SFP...

???

can you load more than one of the TD-1?

I have no problems with LE-1

BTW, both sound very nice.... I love em....
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

hifiboom wrote:Hi erminadi,
checked the TD-1 XMAS version and if I load more than one the second one is distorting the sound and at the end it crashes my SFP...
???
can you load more than one of the TD-1?
I have no problems with LE-1
BTW, both sound very nice.... I love em....
Mmh, the XmiX (Crossmix, not Xmas :lol: ), when used in multiple istances, crashes my system too, I must look inside the circuit to solve this issue.
The second istance don't distort the sound.
See U later with fixed (I hope!) dev ;)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

The DEFINITIVE version without crash BUG is available on the top. :)
Thanks for the patient beta testing :wink:

Any comment for an improvement is well accepted.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

erminardi wrote:The DEFINITIVE version without crash BUG is available on the top. :)
Thanks for the patient beta testing :wink:

Any comment for an improvement is well accepted.

thanks erminadi ! this is such a cool device.......

will try as soon as I find the time....