Simplest full wave rectifier.

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neutron

Post by Neutron »

I know there must be an easier way to do a full wave rectifier with standard parts, so far the simplest one i came up with has 1 inverter, and 3 mix2's, and 2 values. it is too wastefull of DSP to use polyphonically.
spacef

Post by spacef »

hi defex,
must be my english, but i have no idea what a wave rectifier suppose to do (does it "rectify the wav"? what does that mean :smile:
may be a few explanations of the functions you wanted to achieve can help developper with local knowledge to help
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

It will take the negative part of the signal, and make it positive so a trinagle wave would change from ^v^v^v to ^^^^^ (nice text art..not:o)
spacef

Post by spacef »

weew :smile:
not sure it is possible like this (trying to figure out how to do it but it wouldn't work or be useful with simply inverters etc...) got to find a way to annul what has top be removed from the ^^^^^part (ie remove it before on both the normal and inverted signal....?).
well, i can't help here.
stecki

Post by stecki »

Hi,
this rectifier thing could be easily done
in sharc assembler, you simply have to set
all incoming values, which have a negative sign, to a positive sign. But for what do you need it ?? I could make this dsp module for you !

Greets Wolfgang
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

On 2001-07-02 11:13, stecki wrote:
Hi,
all incoming values, which have a negative sign, to a positive sign. But for what do you need it ?? I could make this dsp module for you !
well it is a good and cheapo way to add 2nd harmonic distortion to a signal, I use it as part of a waveshaper circuit. It would be really cool if you made one!

DSPdev already has one, but then you have to download and install their whole library.

Cheers
DeFex
stecki

Post by stecki »

Okay,
as soon as i find the time, you´ll get it !
Maybe next week !

See ya
On 2001-07-03 11:07, defex wrote:
On 2001-07-02 11:13, stecki wrote:
Hi,
well it is a good and cheapo way to add 2nd harmonic distortion to a signal, I use it as part of a waveshaper circuit. It would be really cool if you made one!

DSPdev already has one, but then you have to download and install their whole library.

Cheers
DeFex

stecki

Post by stecki »

Hi,
i have the rectifier module ready. Contact me if you want to have it, or tell me where i should send it! (my address: steckenleiter@t-online.de)

See ya
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

EarlyFirst

Post by EarlyFirst »

Thanks Wolfgang!!!

You rock!

Cheers and Respect!!

Paul
http://www.earlyfirst.com
madmod

Post by madmod »