Scope 5.1 x64 Wave Source BUG (channel swap)

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Do you care about click-free wave driver?

yes
100%
no
No votes
didn't notice it clicks
No votes

Total votes: 16

pranza

Scope 5.1 x64 Wave Source BUG (channel swap)

Post by pranza »

Hi,

letting you know that at least in 5.1 x64 PCI and XITE versions channel numbers are upside down - you have to patch accordingly to avoid L/R swap.

and i still wonder if wave drivers will be eventually fixed and click free. and will wave dest eventually work on x64?

a quick check for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTvJoYnpeRQ
Sounddesigner

Re: Scope 5.1 x64 Wave Source BUG (channel swap)

Post by Sounddesigner »

I do hope the Wave Drivers get fixed at some point myself, hopefully soon. One of the main reasons I won't go to x64bit Windows system is because of the Wave Driver problem and I know this bothers many who did go to x64bit O/S. I've always believed one of SCOPE's biggest strengths is its multiple drivers simultaneous use, such driver flexibility gives the sophisticated-routing ability a lot more power.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

+1

bothers me A LOT
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

+1
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

channels swapping IS boring.
No Wave Src clicks experienced here, so I can't speak for that issue, personally.
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

maybe you're not in 64 bits ... ?
For me it's not just clicks, it's a big white noise continously ...
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

It's definitively Scope 5.1.2709-x64 for Xite, running on Win7 x64.
pranza

Post by pranza »

babaorum, noise appears on wave inputs, and random clicks appear on wave outputs.

noise on inputs and clicks on ouptuts (wave, not asio!) appears in all 64bit systems.

i don't know about 32bit systems, perhaps it is fine, at least it used to be with v3 and v4 software...
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

its fine in 32bit in all scope versions.

if i would have known this would be this bad i would never have switched to 64bit. in fact i would not have bought a new pc, really this screws up my workflow a lot in a bunch of ways.
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

yes noise in input and clicks in output I agree.

Maybe too I'm on scope cards (luna+ pulsar) not xite , it's different on xite ?

I run essentially ASIO but it's annoying to have these issue with windows sounds (media player etc ...) and I would really to be able to
use waves drivers just for wavelab to be free for asio troubles when both cubase or pro tools are open in the same time of wavelab;
pranza

Post by pranza »

babaorum, it's exactly the same (noise on wave ins, random clicks on wave outs) with xite with x64.

Other weird thing that got carried on since old times is that 88K sample rate is unavailable. It would lock on incoming 88 clock and display 96 - and then in sfp it is usable, but if you need actual 88 mode on asio or wave - it's impossible... I wonder if absence of 88K actually has roots in scope hardware or is it just a software thing.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

How in the world couldn't I have noticed these cracks? They are present 4 sure and apologies to anyone who thought my case was different!`
Wave drivers are bad!!! Crackles every so often on my monitors that I want to kill myself now :)

With a xite, on a 64bits Win 7, it's just obvious and I voted accordingly.

EDIT: probably every 10 to 20 secs on my system, can't tell yet if ASIO is concerned.

Best
pranza

Post by pranza »

iSiStOy, ASIO should be fine. If it's not, it can be made with tweaking system, but it really can work glitch-free.
I've tried running sine generator (good for auto click detection) and recorded from asio for a day - no clicks if the system is fine.

but with wave it's different. it randomly clicks on x64 with any card on any system!
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Alright... Tx Pranza.
We rely on heavy loaded hardcore development, at this point, so I am glad it's a concern that only touches Waves.
Anyway, where is that german precision everyone talks about, now?
Just joking!!! Anyone with hexa and dsp knowledge, can you help?
LOL