Please make me a meter bridge.

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Please make me a meter bridge.

Post by garyb »

:)

i'd like one that can be 8-32 channels with pads to connect outputs to. i'd even donate.
happycritter

Re: Please make me a meter bridge.

Post by happycritter »

Are you looking for a sea of VU meters like an old MCI console or the blippity-bloppity LED kind?

What scale of metering would you like (peak-hold/RMS/K-scale)?

What type of inputs (analog I assume)?
xw8400
2.33 GHz Xeon Quad core (E5345 Socket 771) x2
32Gb ECC buffered memory
AMD HD7700
Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb root drive
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)
Sonar Platinum
XITE-1 (flipping awesome!)
garyb

Post by garyb »

well, for Scope.
peak-hold would be fine. vertical ladders would be preferable.
audio input pads and a click/drag system to change the number of channels like the dynamic mixer would be awesome.
nothing extraordinary needed...
happycritter

Post by happycritter »

garyb wrote:well, for Scope.
peak-hold would be fine. vertical ladders would be preferable.
audio input pads and a click/drag system to change the number of channels like the dynamic mixer would be awesome.
nothing extraordinary needed...
I'm just now learning some DSP stuff so it would be a long while before I can produce anything of any use to you, however, an analysis package with metering (for a SCOPE control room) is one of the items on my 'to do' list. A C/C++ program might be able to do the deed.

The control room/analysis package I envision is something similar to what DAS (iirc) has but with more bells and whistles suited to what I think is useful.
xw8400
2.33 GHz Xeon Quad core (E5345 Socket 771) x2
32Gb ECC buffered memory
AMD HD7700
Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb root drive
Windows 7 Pro (64bit)
Sonar Platinum
XITE-1 (flipping awesome!)
garyb

Post by garyb »

no problem. thanks for thinking about it.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

Ain't there a meter bridge already in Scope? I have used it multiple times in the past.

Is it allowed to distribute/upload old Pulsar/Scope software? Like modules not present in the current versions (both consumer and developer modules).
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, there's a meter bridge. it just doesn't work in the way i would prefer(connections).

sure, it's allowed.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

garyb wrote:sure, it's allowed.
Even Scope DP modules, like : FFT, SPL Attacker Effect 2 etc.?
garyb

Post by garyb »

maybe i misunderstand.

if they're in devices made with DP or SDK, i don't see why not.
if you mean the raw modules and software, i would think not, but you'd need to write to Holger for any details.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

I mean the raw modules inside Scope DP/SDK. I have lots of different versions of the old Scope DP which contains a lot of modules that's not present in the current SDK. These modules are obviously part of commercial devices or devices that never got released to the public.

Including unprotected MeterBridge.mdl which can be modified to match your requirements. The FFT modules are also present. The position system with multiple virtual speakers and listners etc.

Some of us have a lot of Scope DP modules not present in SDK - All the (synths, vocoders, mixers etc.) devices is unprotected and people could learn alot from them and just maybe start a release of new/improved devices for the platform. Since I can't get Scope SDK working on Win 64bit they just lay there on my HD.
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Warp69 wrote: Some of us have a lot of Scope DP modules not present in SDK - All the (synths, vocoders, mixers etc.) devices is unprotected and people could learn alot from them and just maybe start a release of new/improved devices for the platform. Since I can't get Scope SDK working on Win 64bit they just lay there on my HD.
For someone like me, who just starts learning the SDK, this would be a great resource for sure!
David

Post by David »

sunmachine wrote:
Warp69 wrote: Some of us have a lot of Scope DP modules not present in SDK - All the (synths, vocoders, mixers etc.) devices is unprotected and people could learn alot from them and just maybe start a release of new/improved devices for the platform. Since I can't get Scope SDK working on Win 64bit they just lay there on my HD.
For someone like me, who just starts learning the SDK, this would be a great resource for sure!
This would be a very useful resource. Yes I hope these become available