SDK6 - midi

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

soren_jepsen

SDK6 - midi

Post by soren_jepsen »

Any SDK6 prerelease'ers out there who can answer a newbie Q:

I'm trying to make a simple synth with just a saw osc, and a LP filter. I have a rudimentary setup, and I do get sound out. If I connect a controller to the f-pad on the saw osc, I can change the pitch.

However, I get nothing from the Midi voice control module. On this I have the midi-pad connected to the XITE midi source module, I have the channel set to 1 with a controller, and the f-pad connected to the saw-osc. However I get no change in pitch with this setup. What am I missing (or is this a bug?)

Kind regards
Soren
spacef

Re: SDK6 - midi

Post by spacef »

may be a coarse/fine module connected to the F input of the MVC which is probably set to zero by default as nothing is connected to it (simple supposition on my part).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
soren_jepsen

Post by soren_jepsen »

Thanks for chiming in.

Unfortunately that wasn't. I've had controllers connetctred to most of the input of the MVC, and tested the midi actually garrived via another module. However, I can't seem to make anything happen at the f-output of the mvc. I've contacted Julian at SC. He suggested the the MVC needed an ESYNC connection. Unfortunately this didn't help either.

Regards
Soren
spacef

Post by spacef »

post a pic of your circuit (screenshot). Must see the mvc and all that goes in and from it to other modules, to see what is missing.

the esync is something that goes "in between" MVC and envelopes and that ensures envelope are retriggered with each note-on messages. If I remember well, you should also need a Gate module between esync and envelopes (not sure, i don't remember) . if you can't find how to connect it,; think of it as something that is connected "the other way", ie, from envelope to MVC....
But I talk by memory, with a screenshot, it will be easier....
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website