SDK compressor module

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

winger

SDK compressor module

Post by winger »

I know I've asked about this before and that is being able to use the provided surface of the sdk modules. The answer I got before was for quick use but you must desing your own surface.

The compressor module then presents a problem with that. One important need in using a compressor is the gain reduction meter so you can tell what it is doing. The compressor module does not have any outputs for connecting an external meter for gain reduction. So how can you use this module for anything if you cannot add the meter?

I tried to use the meter by moving it to the parent. I used an empty synth and when you switch to surface mode, the synth window and the meter show up. But you cannot place the meter on the synth surface. It appears to go behind the synth surface. I have tried messing with z-order, topmost, bottommost, etc but nothing works.

So my original question is restated, "how do you use the provided panels, or selected gos of an SDK module in a project?"
mark winger
roy thinnes

Re: SDK compressor module

Post by roy thinnes »

click on the VU in the panel + save it (proj explorer). you now can use this GO as any other GO (pot, fader), by dragging it to your synth’s/fx’ surface.
btw. the provided panels also have the function to give you hints how the various parameters should be handled - here eg what is the range for comp attack/release and so on.
btw2: some GOs like the compressor display require PackDevice/Optimize and Protect (rightClick in proj explorer), otherwise they cannot be seen.
this means that you have to save at least two versions of the device: a "normal"/unprotected for editing, and another for testing.
(after you protected a device you can’t edit it any more.)
winger

Post by winger »

Interesting:

You said:"btw2: some GOs like the compressor display require PackDevice/Optimize and Protect (rightClick in proj explorer), otherwise they cannot be seen."

I did not try this becuase I tried to do this with the graph on the 4 band parametric eq. but the dislay would work in the sdk but not as a device on SFP. I knew I would have the same problem with the meter. Never got an answer about why until now. I assume this is the reason. I will try this tonight. Thanks a lot.http://forums.planetz.com/posting.php?m ... 75ff06c973#
mark winger
winger

Post by winger »

"btw. the provided panels also have the function to give you hints how the various parameters should be handled - here eg what is the range for comp attack/release and so on."

How do you access these hints?
mark winger
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

just by looking at the vars of the module.
say, you want to use a delay module, eg a 1kmDelay. without the provided panel you won’t know the delayTime range.
so what you can do is just click on the panel’s DelayTime pot, look at the various vars (a.o. min and max) and copy the settings to your panel’s pot/range text.
(another way is to save & then load it into your own panel.)
sepuka

Post by sepuka »

roy thinnes wrote: btw2: some GOs like the compressor display require PackDevice/Optimize and Protect (rightClick in proj explorer), otherwise they cannot be seen.
Sorry for 6 years necroposting, I made this in SDK 5.1 and Meter bar visible only in SDK and cannot be seen in Scope 5.1. Any solution?
sepuka

Post by sepuka »

sepuka wrote:Any solution?
PepBasic.dll from view protection patch.zip was not copied... :roll: