SDK noob question :) synced delay.

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neutron

SDK noob question :) synced delay.

Post by Neutron »

I was investigating the device i made some time ago called "sonic attack" because i need to make a delay whose length is based on the MIDI clock.

unfortunately i noticed that the one in sonic attack one is quite a bit off. (which would also be fixed when i find out the proper way to do it)

It is for a thing sort of like like access virus "atomizer" live glitcher which is almost done apart from that bit, its just off enough to be annoying.

I am taking the output freq from the midi clock and it gos through a divider, then a math thing (which is where it gets wrong) then in to the delay time.

If anyone can help me to not reinvent the wheel i would be grateful. there might even be a moduule i dont know (or forgot) about.

Neutron
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

B.t.w. a bit offtopic: I just remembered an idea I had a week ago: It should be easy to build a tap-tempo-delay like the ones in Line6 Pod etc. A button, to tap in the tempo of the delay... That would be a very similar algo to the frequency detection... Maybe an automatic tempo-recognizer for electronic music would be easily possible too....
pling

Re: SDK noob question :) synced delay.

Post by pling »

Neutron wrote:...It is for a thing sort of like like access virus "atomizer"
:o very cool, i dreamed of sth like that for our plattform when they showed it at namm... i can't help you though, sorry. i've no sdk. cheers pling

ps: sonic attack didn't work on sfp 4.5, when i tried...
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

Hi,

Some information before the link :

1) I have no idea, if this is what you're looking for :-?
2) It hasn't been tested :o
3) It's far from optimized
4) Its not sync
5) If you just need to use MIDI clock to determine the delay - then there're alot of other solutions that are way faster and simpler
6) Its just something........ I dont know

But any way - it translate a arbitrary frequency to a delay value in samples - taking ULLI and sample rate into account. More information - look inside the module.

www.relab.dk/FreqDelayConverter.mdl

Cheers
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

thanks warp69, ill have a look at that!
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

it seems to be a good start for me, thank you. unfortunately just when i was testing it out i had a bad catastrophe with my computer (not scope cards thank goodness)

soon i will know exactly how atomizer works. :)