saving a stock device with midi assignement!

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

saving a stock device with midi assignement!

Post by bosone »

i have just discovered that if you load a device, for example the MINIMAX, you can midi-assign all the controllers to remote control the synth with your external midi contrl surface, save the device with a new name (minimax MIDI.mld) and, voilà!, when you load this device the midi controller are ready to go!
very useful!

now, i'd like to do the same with dynatube, but it has the problem that it desnt have the midi input!! so, how can bypass this??

moreover, i just noticed that the dynatube doesnt restore the presets because the "preset list" are not inserted into the "parameters" window (as the "first time use.doc" says to do for saving presets...
i think there are no exit to this bug, but maybe someone has an idea.... is sonic core aware of this bug!?!?!?!

thanks!
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

This is SDK only right ?
bosone

Post by bosone »

yes...
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

I never understood why I couldnt save my assigned controllers in presets.......

I do have some "midi" bank in my presets files but I have never seen it do anything :P
bosone

Post by bosone »

you can set up a midi assignement and save it under the "MIDI" folder in the preset list.
later, you can recall the midi assignement by loading the appr. preset in the "MIDI" section of the preset list!
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Yes thats how I figured it should work :p really have to test it again then, see what I have been doing wrong!!
voidar

Post by voidar »

Tried the "how to midify devices" trick yet? I am not sure whether it's hifibloom or wolf trick. Check under the REAPER threads.
bosone

Post by bosone »

yes, i found it, thanks! :)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

bosone wrote:you can set up a midi assignement and save it under the "MIDI" folder in the preset list.
later, you can recall the midi assignement by loading the appr. preset in the "MIDI" section of the preset list!
I continue to have some problems with the midi, because it doesn't remember any settings.
Is there someone who has succeeded in maintaining in memory and to recall a setting of all the controls without losing one of it?
In example I have problems with prodyssey because it doesn't remember the control of the VCA volume of the mixer.

I cannot create a "midized" Prodyssey and ProTone with SDK (as seen in this post) because it's registred to another card in another PC, away from SDK enviroment.
I want avoid to move the cards from a system to another risking to ruin the equilibrium of the overall studio setup.
The midi folder into preset panel could be the right solution but it seems not to work well!

Anyone? Any comment or solution?

Thanks in advance.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.