Pot's movements and range

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Shame on me. I got it. O.K. To be honest: I never thought about that mouse-pointer-behaviour, as I allways dial in the values just hitting the pot and then moving... Maybe I'm using anotehr control sheme within the scope-settings: I move the mouse vertically up & the values increase. I never point on the spot of the pot where it should be set.

Sorry for my extremely long time taken to understand. I was really wondering 'bout such a problem for an over-guru like you, but this thing seems to dig really deep & I bet it can't be changed for 'normal' users - just a bet.

Martin
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

ah ofcourse, it reads calue according to x/y position relevant to the knobs center. maybe here is some way in dp to rotate the grid 150 degres around the z-axis?
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Getting this right not only is useful for people using the "round" mouse modes. It is also needed for people with hardware controllers.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

first of all warp, your front end looks wonderful. congratulations.

Hope this will be released soon as a device. :)

I see your problem, but maybe this mousepointer relocation simply isn`t implemeneted in sdk?

maybe its a workaround for you to use the var setting "Movestyle" set to "1".

so the values change by moving mouse up and down. and not circulating. This seems most intuitive, for me at least.

not perfect but maybe a solution you can live with.

Else i am afraid you have to contact SC directly to fix in a new movestyle type. Or some kind of GUI_Range_Min / Max settings.

but I`m really sure that this won`t be a show-stopper with your device. :D
Damn I want it. :P
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Ok, my two cents here.
I think I understood what you were asking for from the very beginning, but it is not that obvious to explain.
I made some attempts here to find a trick to achieve something that would help but I did not succeed.

The only solution I am thinking abouyt would be to change the design a little bit to make your input pot behave just the "standard" way by changing the numbering round it (just the same as what is available for the 3rd pot).

Maybe not that accurate copy but would save time to concentrate on audio design: if what you post is the current GUI, it is already smart and would desreve to also sound smart !!!

In any case, if I find something during my next device design, I will post it here right away.

CheerZ
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

hifiboom wrote:first of all warp, your front end looks wonderful. congratulations.
found a pic of the original hardware. almost thought warp just posted an original pic. :wink:
but then, the keypad seems missing, and, btw, AMS is from burnley, not burney. that finally conviced me it must be a replica.. :)

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

warp, aren`t you afraid to get in conflicts with the ams label on the front.

Its not that I don`t like :D just curious?
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

OMG I also thought it was an original picture. Congratulations for that illusion... I bet the sound is as good.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

The picture shown is an early mockup - the logo is changed and the text at the bottom is also changed - otherwise it looks almost like the picture - there's toolbar for preset functions on the final device.

And Im very impressed by the quality of the graphics - it's done by TSV Design.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I`m also extremly impressed!

i`ve download the picture and downsized it with windows picture viewer. Then it looks like a photo of the unit. :)

are you just finishing the device, or just checking the gui stuff. ??

I hope this is a messe release!

would you mind giving us some infos and tease us a bit. :lol:

you once said your newer algos are of much higher quality than the older.
I liked csr already, and the x100 series even more.

so this will smoke all other of your stuff and eat up a full 6dsp project card for breakfast ? :P
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

This is not an announcement - just a question regarding some issues in the SDK regarding alternative ranges.

Im using the Scope platform for development and therefore have several Scope plugins that might never be released to the public.

This is ofcoursed based on the AMS RMX 16 - the exact same structures as the original - so its not comparable to the 100 series - not better, just different.

Kind regards
Martin
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi Warp,

I think your best option is to consider that the vertical move style (drag up&down) is probably the most commonly used, but if you want to accommodate the rotational move style, you could simply rotate all of the surround numbers till the 1 @ 12 o'clock resides @ 7. That should work & I guess that's what Horulora was suggesting. Going deeper would require creating a custom GO & accompanying script afaik, but I haven't been able to achieve anything specifically like that yet.

all the best,
Shroomz
spacef

Post by spacef »

Warp69 wrote:Nope - that's not the solution - my problem is not the frames.

My problem is the circular movement that starts at 7 o'clock and ends at 5 o'clock. I want the circular movement to start at 12 o'clock and end at 9 o'clock for my in/out pots.
yes it is the animation that must be redone. I use it often to make a wider range or even reverse control.
You need your frame 1 at 12 oclock and a last frame at 9. adding a center frame is a good idea (for all types of potis)

I used this a lot , and other frames techniques on the FP mixer potis, to center 0, -12 or -6 db, they are all diferent animations.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I've done the same on some of my devices Mehdi, but that essentially just creates an illusion, it doesn't alter the inherent move style of the pot with it's new custom anim'.
spacef

Post by spacef »

In the FP 104 / 106 mixers, the Mono Master output has not only a differnt range, but has also a higher resolution around -6 dB.
It is fast at extremes, and get slower approaching -6 dB, so it is easy to select -6 db.

In a graphic program, that would be changing the timeline curve at the center (or putting more frames at center, or elsewhere).

Or I don't get it, are you talking about the Scope "round movement" or vertical/horizontal movement, and the fact that it is not visually sycable with the pots themselves... i don't think you can in scope right now.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Warp69 wrote:This is not an announcement -......
sorry, I simply thought nobody would hire a company for designing a front end gui just for personal use.
:)
But I may have been wrong.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

Its not for personal use either - This device will be released on vst/au - and it might be released for Scope, but that's still undecided.

As stated many times - all development of my plugins is done in SDK - that's including complete graphics, functionality, presets etc. And the Scope devices are more advance than their vst/au counterpart, infact.

Cheers
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

ah okay,
sorry for my misunderstanding.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

I do love the Scope environment - I really do - and I hope that I can release alot of devices in the future - thats also the reason why the Scope devices are complete.

Cheers
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

stardust wrote:I can only encourage you. I wait for the Hall 100 and would immediately hop on that train.
+1 .

P.S. Love CSR, can't wait to see what future has in store.