my very first questions...

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

my very first questions...

Post by bosone »

ok.. i begin now to understand something more regrading SDK!
my first try was a multi-gate module... i almost succeed, even in building the control surface, but there were somthing odd in the actual behaviour of the device... moreover yesterday evening it became very late and i interrupted my experiments... :D

but still i have some questions that i'd like to clarify...

first of all: i discovered that you can actually use the existing "stock" synths and FX from SFP and chain them to make a new device.
what i absolutely don't understand is if it is possible to gain access to the control surface... not to edit its appearence but to actually USE it!! if i connect the stock gate and eq and save a new device out of these, it works in the common SFP window, but i'm not able to edit the settings!
i even tried to insert them into the SDK module "blank effect" which has a blank surface, or to drag the SFL FX into the surface itself... but still i cannot gain access to the parameters once the new device is in the SFP window...
is this possible or it is forbidden and i should spend no time in using existing SFP devices, since they cannot be actively used??

the same is for modular II and III modules: i can drag/drop them into SDk and use the connections, but how can i then edit the knob values once i have exported the device??
using modular in the surface would permit, for example, to use the "mod waveplayer OSC" to build a simple sampler...

i don't know if you made this, but i copied all the DSP files from the SFP directory into the SDK one: in this way i can gain access, for example, to dynatube (which i own) atoms . there are indeed plenty of atoms to choose from... moreover, i also noticed a "akai sample playback module", but how can one actually LOAD a STS or akai program into it?!?

last one... i noticed there are some ".pep" script files, which appears into the file browser (even in the filter). they have intersting names... but are they available into the SDK!?

ok, for now it's all... i will have to do some more experiment! :)
thanks!
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

you cannot use finsihed devices as basis of your creations.
You have to build your own devices based on the smaller atoms that are in your sdk folder or on your sdk cd-rom.
bosone

Post by bosone »

but this is true also for modular?
how it was possible, in this case, to integrate flexor filters and shapers into an insert module??
by the way, giving also the possibilty to choose between the different filters/shapers!!!
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

That question goes to FI_SH, I guess.
O.K. you dragged some modular moduels, so far so good.
Now how do you build a surface? Just put knobs on the surface and connect whatever you want to it from the inside... You only have two mouse-buttons to choose from :D

Every inclusion of readymade modules by others should of course - at least I think so - be in agreement with the involved parties. When I released FI_SH I was happy to have redmuze saying thanks for that job in my thread immediately. In that moment I realized, that it would have been better to ask him before releasing FI_SH, but anyway, does it make a difference to include modular-modules within a modular shell or a device? Not a big difference I think, because you have to have the registration in both cases. For Flexor III moduels I asked in the forum but did not get an answer. So I dropped Flexor III for me. It would have been so cool to integrate those modules. For CW-Modular-modules there should be no problem-I got a general answer concerning CWs own modules long time ago. They (Sonic Core too!) are very nice people, just ask... although except the sample-thingy ... did I ever include modular modules? Don't think so. You have enough toys to work completely without the modular stuff. It's better that way, I think.

Martin