So whats the deal with SDK?

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neutron

So whats the deal with SDK?

Post by Neutron »

Some may remember i used to create a few devices with DP

Anyways i have gotten some cards back and im hoping to be able to get the SDK (i asked politely so far). is there a huge difference between DP and the SDK, like can i make scripts or atoms with it? or is it more or less a new version of DP.

or is there actually limitations compared to DP.

i have a few things i want to make for myself and release a couple more synths.

thanks in advance
Neutron
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

What I've "heard" is, that the SDK lacked nothing that the DP had, and that it actually had a few things more ... if memory serves me well :roll:

Welcome back to the platform :)
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I have found no option to write scripts or own atoms on code_level at all.

However you can use math atoms to create your own stuff.

For most stuff this is enough, but for certain tasks I would love to have deeper access to the development platform.
Shroomz~>

Re: So whats the deal with SDK?

Post by Shroomz~> »

Neutron wrote:is there a huge difference between DP and the SDK, like can i make scripts or atoms with it?
You can't make scripts or basic dsp 'atoms' directly with the sdk. There is a scripting capability through a custom java-like language from what I read in the documentation, but that's not something that's been getting distributed with sdk 4.0 afaik. Certainly, we don't have those facilities available.
or is it more or less a new version of DP.
I think yes is the answer to that. There's some differences in the sdk package structure mainly related to the gui/surface design side, but also including the addition of the 'dsp module list' which is quite important, general software changes/tweeks (noticable from what I've been told) & some xtra modules that sdk came with & strangely, some that it didn't (just a handful mind you).

I take it that DP didn't come with the scripting package then?

cheers,
Shroomz