Problem driving me crazy!

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Refrochia

Problem driving me crazy!

Post by Refrochia »

Just starting out in my SDK adventures so yr help is appreciated!

I have made a module that has 16 outs (its a modification of the MidiNote 2Sw16 module whereby the first output is the value of the base key with the remaining outputs transposed ie if base key is set to C1 it has a note number of 36. This is passsed through to output 1 and output 2 is basekey +1 and so on for 16 outputs) In effect a midi note to note number converter.

When I select the module described above and play the base key (in this case C1) I can see in the pad list that output 1 displays 36 (this is the note number for C1) when the key is pressed and 0 when the key isnt pressed. This is exactly wot I want but when I hook up say an If module and connect it to output 1 of the midi module just described, it detects a value of 35 when the key is pressed and 1 when the key isnt pressed?!?! Wots is going on here?

I suspect I have a serious misunderstanding of how this shit works?
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

I have attached the MIDI module Im using so you can understand the problem Im having.

Also, I only understand how to use some basic modules, namely the logical operators. If, having looked at my module, you know how I can achieve what the module does in a more effecient manor then please tell!!

*** You will need to rename the file to .mdl as planet z wont allow these file types(quite strange considering this is the development page)
Attachments
Jars MIDI Note to Note No Converter.txt
(117.39 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
astroman

Re: Problem driving me crazy!

Post by astroman »

Refrochia wrote:... I can see in the pad list that output 1 displays 36 (this is the note number for C1) when the key is pressed and 0 when the key isnt pressed. This is exactly wot I want but when I hook up say an If module and connect it to output 1 of the midi module just described, it detects a value of 35 when the key is pressed and 1 when the key isnt pressed?!?! Wots is going on here?

I suspect I have a serious misunderstanding of how this shit works?
no, the misunderstanding is the sh*t not working in your head (or whatever you use to think and meditate...) :P
once again I remind of Doctor Hannibal Lecter ... it's all there in your file - right in front of you...
some midi stuff is counted from 1 to 128, some from 0 to 127
the display module uses the first numbering scheme, the 'if' module the second
be alert, observe and think - that's developement ;)
(you'll get used to it)

cheers, Tom