DSP Zippers

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks,

Very nice indeed.

Miraslav Philharmonic ?

These will work in GS4 via VST.

I must investigate PlanetZ's favorite reverb developer further.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

Right now - Im busy with CSR2.

But development is slow right now, because of new toy - Roland R880 V2 reverb :)

Cheers
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

CSR2 ?

I thought you were building the 480L for scope. :lol:
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

Well - you never know.........................

:P
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

warp,

will csr2 be the successor of csr1 with improvements, or just new emulated reverb algos (addition to csr1) ?

or both?
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

CSR2 will have no relations to CSR1 in terms of algorithms - its not an improved CSR1 - Its completely different. So CSR2 is far from a replacement of the CSR1. They will sound very different compared to eachother.

I dont think I'll release additional algorithms for the CSR1, like Chamber, Concert Hall etc or improved versions - since other have already released modified versions of the CSR1 algorithms :o

I might release better reverbs thats have a similar sound, but more dense and spacious.

Cheers
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I know it's by far much less important than the sound, but it has to be said; the gui design of those CSR reverbs is really good. Whoever did the design work must've spent quite a lot of time on it because graphics are really time consuming. Then again, it looks like there's clever use of a design template accross the range which would cut down time & results in a great visual coherence as well.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Warp69 wrote:CSR2 will have no relations to CSR1 in terms of algorithms - its not an improved CSR1 - Its completely different. So CSR2 is far from a replacement of the CSR1. They will sound very different compared to eachother.
ah thx for the info
Warp69 wrote: I dont think I'll release additional algorithms for the CSR1, like Chamber, Concert Hall etc or improved versions - since other have already released modified versions of the CSR1 algorithms :o
so you mean stolen algos? no...?! :o
Warp69 wrote: I might release better reverbs thats have a similar sound, but more dense and spacious.
sounds interesting!

any new scope developments too? or not yet decided?
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

hifiboom wrote: so you mean stolen algos? no...?! :o
Unfortunately yes.
hifiboom wrote: any new scope developments too? or not yet decided?
Well - Im using Scope SDK for all my developments and the finished designs are then transformed to c++ for AU/VST devices. I was afraid of the possibility of reopening the devices in Scope , but the biggest problem is apparently reengineering of the VST/AU devices.

I will still have some problems with PCI performance, since I will use alot of delay lines.

Cheers
dawman

Post by dawman »

Do VST based reverbs function better than they do on a Scope card?

It seems like Scope can only handle so much before it gags. My convolution reverb /space effect in Gigastudio sounds good and can do as many IR's as the CPU allows. I only use it's pedal down impulses for acoustic piano, and resonant body impulses on acoustic instrument samples, mostly ER type stuff as that seems to be it's strength.

I can use VST FX now like crazy when I get Forte, and w/ the 3GB RAM Switch I will be looking for a quality reverb.

You seem to have and own the best reverbs around, and the fact you mention many delay lines makes me want more info.

Please keep posting here even though it's a zipper thread, it has taken a great direction, and taught me many things from your posts.

I wish to purchase whatever you are making when it's done, whatever way you sell it.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

scope4live wrote:Do VST based reverbs function better than they do on a Scope card?
The short answer is no! Most people think that the ST reverbs sounds better than the CSR and so do I. But not everyone have a quad core system so you'll have to make some shortcuts and optimization of the VST code, which can sound worse than the DSP version.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I think I need to see a different website for your DSP reverb products.

I couldn't find them where the CSR's were shown.

Thanks.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Warp69 wrote:
hifiboom wrote: so you mean stolen algos? no...?! :o
Unfortunately yes.
really and me, I thought this wasn`t possible.

Thats a sad thing for you. :roll:

so you aren`t afraid to release csr2 too?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks 4 the link Brotha' Man Piddi.

I didn't know that was Warp69's stuff.

It was the first site I visted when I started uses a Scope DAW live a few years back.

The 4080L was my interest.

What the hell, I'm gonna get some more toys next week.

It's feast or famine, and right now until at least New Years I am feasting.

Thanks Again Brosky,
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

scope4live wrote: I didn't know that was Warp69's stuff.

It was the first site I visted when I started uses a Scope DAW live a few years back.

The 4080L was my interest.
I only made the P100 & I100/A100 products :

http://www.sonictimeworks.com/p_100.php
http://www.sonictimeworks.com/a_100.php

Michael Olsen did the products (like 4080L etc) and Kim Rasmussen did latest updates and the SharcOne. You can download demos of those products here :

http://www.d-media.dk/downloads/Timewor ... _2demo.zip
http://www.d-media.dk/downloads/SharcOne_1_00_demo.zip
hifiboom wrote: really and me, I thought this wasn`t possible.

Thats a sad thing for you. :roll:

so you aren`t afraid to release csr2 too?
Well - unfortunately thats part of life. Apparently its takes a year before the VST/AU devices are diassembled so I have one year sales periode. IK have a strong brand and besides the other reverb have just been released so I dont know the effect yet. Im not afraid of releasing CSR2 - if I dont, someone else will do those emulations.

The more I think about it.................. I'll have to release the H100/C100 for Scope - I just need to finish them up.
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)
katano

Post by katano »

Warp69 wrote:The more I think about it.................. I'll have to release the H100/C100 for Scope - I just need to finish them up.
yes, please! :) :o
astroman

Post by astroman »

yes, just do it... :D :o :D
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Warp69 wrote: Well - unfortunately thats part of life. Apparently its takes a year before the VST/AU devices are diassembled so I have one year sales periode. IK have a strong brand and besides the other reverb have just been released so I dont know the effect yet. Im not afraid of releasing CSR2 - if I dont, someone else will do those emulations.
thats true. I agree, the sad thing is that others profit in the end from your developments, and you not.

The good side is that native and plug-in reverbs come closer to the magic hardware every year.
Warp69 wrote: The more I think about it.................. I'll have to release the H100/C100 for Scope - I just need to finish them up.
I appreciate this, as I am mostly interested in the Hall from all your algos.
:)