MIDI CC # Filter

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

gainman

MIDI CC # Filter

Post by gainman »

Hi, I'm working in my first device with the SDK, and I would like to isolate MIDI CC messages coming over a given MIDI Ch and with a given MIDI CC #.

So, 1st I filter out everything but MIDI CC with a MIDI filter module, and 2nd I filter out everything but the selected MIDI Ch with a MIDI Channel filter module.

But then I don't find the way to achieve a filter that only lets through messages coming with the selected CC # while blocking those with a different CC #.

I haven't found any module that is able to do that.

Also, all my attempts to make my own have failed so far. For instance, I have tried with byte 2 extract and then analyzing the MIDI CC # so that if the received CC # is the selected one, then the MIDI message is allowed to get through a MIDI switch, and the message is blocked otherwise. However, it seems that the processing needed to determine whether the received CC # is the selected one or not takes some time, and the order to let pass or block arrives too late to the MIDI switch. I guess that I would need to delay the MIDI message a little, just to give time to the other processing to happen, but I have also failed to achieve that MIDI delay.

I hope somebody can help with this. It's been a week trying different things and I'm running out of ideas to make it work...