control elements into insert fx

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

hifiboom

control elements into insert fx

Post by hifiboom »

okay I figured out how to build an insert fx....

Now my question:

how can I add control stuff into the surface....(insert effect surface)?

when I use the default surface it works, but when I try to drop faders or knobs to the insert effect surface, I cannot drop control elements from the filebrowser....

strange :P

any help ? :-?
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Attachments
cannot.JPG
cannot.JPG (63.57 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hi,
you need to be in surface mode not circuit mode (toggle @ top RHS of your project window). Also, you should use the ones located in \Surface design\Controls\....... , not the ones in \Circuit design\Circuit controls\.....
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Actually, I didn't articulate myself very well there. What I should really have said is that I'd recommend that you use the modules located in \Surface design\Controls\ ...... as these are there in that location specifically to use as surface controls as opposed to the ones you're trying to drop in, which are really there in the circuit design folder to use as internal trimmers etc in circuits (although they will work as surface controls as well). You also have a much wider range of controls to choose from in the surface design folder. Hope that explains it more clearly :)

regards,
Shroomz
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

enter inside the device (doubleclick) at the level where the surface module is visible in the circuit, then go in surface mode and drag your controls there.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

alfonso wrote:enter inside the device (doubleclick) at the level where the surface module is visible in the circuit, then go in surface mode and drag your controls there.
that was the trick I was asking for, but found this out already.....

thanks to both of you ....... :)