Oscilloscope for sdk/DP

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

Oscilloscope for sdk/DP

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hello,

Can I please have the much discussed & sought after oscilloscope for sdk development purposes? I believe that it was available with the older DP software.

I am willing to trade one of the following items for the module:-

- An ear
- A finger or toe
- Any organ which I have 2 or more of & can do without one.
- My soul (you must be able to extrack this from me as I Know not how)
- A mushroom

Thank you please,
Shroomz
hubird

Re: Oscilloscope for sdk/DP

Post by hubird »

Shroomz wrote: - Any organ which I have 2 or more of & can do without one.
only if it has drawbars...
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

:D

I'll add the following to the list of things I'm willing to exchange for the module:-

- A 3 legged dog
- Immortality
- A trip

regards,
Shroomz
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

shroomz,
an oscilloscope is really missing

But I would not trade an organ for it. :D
astroman

Re: Oscilloscope for sdk/DP

Post by astroman »

Shroomz wrote:...I am willing to trade one of the following items for the module:-
- A finger or toe...
like Robert Mitchum in 'The Yakuza' ? :o
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

No, it's all just symbolic of how much I want that module Tom. It would take me a considerable amount of time to figure out how to build one & I'd really like to try out the old one anyway. We have a real need for it here if it's up to the task, as it would be ideal to have such a thing inside the sdk rather than outside. :wink:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Ok, [/serious mode off] ... lets get back to the subject of exchanging limbs for this module :D
hubird

Post by hubird »

Ok then.
Shroomz wrote:I'll add the following to the list of things I'm willing to exchange for the module:-

- A 3 legged dog
- Immortality
- A trip
give the trip to the dog, even with three legs he will believe he can fly :-D
Who was that guy again that thought he even could do that with only two of them? :lol:
A nice song it was, he just repeats his 'I believe I can fly' so often that I always start to believe he doesn't yet.

I go for your immortality, as it garantees us plugs until (our) heaven (fat, dreadly slime) :-D
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

is this an addition to the often requested "give us the body of shroomz" that reads " - as a whole or in parts, if necessary" ?
and can you still code and design with a missing finger, and listen to your tools with a missing ear? we don't want a quality drop just because you handicapped yourself, do we? :)

did you ask ralf or wolf (roth) concerning the oscilloscope?

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I don't carry a donor card :D

...but I do have a couple of possible routes to explore regarding building a scope.

cheers,
Shroomz
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Finally, after all this time a very kind fellow sent me the scope module, so thanks to that man !!! (you know who you are) :cool:

great..... a new sdk module. :)
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

<Shroomz> wrote:Finally, after all this time a very kind fellow sent me the scope module, so thanks to that man !!! (you know who you are) :cool:
so, what did you have to give for trade? is there a one-legged or soulless shroomz around now? :cool:
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
RX

Post by RX »

Any chance I could get a copy too ? I still have all my limbs and organs available for trade !!

Doing the SDK quickstart I also spent quite some time looking for it, then scouring PlanetZ...

BTW is it normal that the Quickstart ends that abruptly ? Loox very unfinished to me...

Xeers
Philip
Any sufficiently advanced form of incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

http://www.myspace.com/phrx
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

i guess its a quickend tutorial then :)
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

what the hell are you talking about?
quickend, quickstart, .....? :lol:
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

<~Shroomz~> wrote:Finally, after all this time a very kind fellow sent me the scope module, so thanks to that man !!! (you know who you are) :cool:

great..... a new sdk module. :)
You are so lucky !!!
I still do not understand why it is not part of the SDK as it would help much all of us (especially while fine tuning some device). The only measurement instruments we have untill now are our ears placed at the end of the signal chain... :lol:
Hope SonicCore good send this type of SDK module to each SDK user for Christmass.

CheerZ
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

i don`t think an oscilloscope is that important.

you can visualize slower signals like envelopes, lfos by using a fader element or similar stuff.

for faster stuff like audiorate signals (oscillators, etc.) its useful to record the stuff and look at it in an audioeditor.

An oscilloscope is limited in what it does too.

But certainly I don`t understand too, why it in`t in sdk even if its available.
It doesn`t hurt. :)
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Yeah, I'd love to have it as well! It never came in the Scope DP package, because I have been using the various versions from the beginning, and have never had it...but I do remember seeing it while I was at the factory.

-john b.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

HUROLURA wrote:Hope SonicCore good send this type of SDK module to each SDK user for Christmass.
Maybe SonicCore would allow us to distribute it amongst ourselves. That would save them any hassle. I'll ask Ralf in an email next week unless he posts here first.

John, that's odd. I'm sure I remember seeing pictures of a Scope on Stekki's site. Maybe it was one he built himself..
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

kylie wrote:so, what did you have to give for trade? is there a one-legged or soulless shroomz around now? :cool:
He actually would have taken me up on the offer of a trip, but I told him that mushroom season was over & that I'd have thought visiting & reading PlanetZ would be enough of a trip.