Small graphic problem

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

stuff3d

Small graphic problem

Post by stuff3d »

I again,
Has copied more tasteless, and has exchanged animations.
More cross-fader is properly shown, other more fader and potentiometer are brighter.
The worth one in the blit window are identical.
Attachments
Snap1.jpg
Snap1.jpg (28.05 KiB) Viewed 6511 times
sharc

Post by sharc »

Looks like a problem with the alpha channel. Your alpha channel masks need to be pure black and white (not grey). A level, curve or contrast adjustment on your alpha channels within your 2D app should solve the problem.
stuff3d

Post by stuff3d »

I use bmp, as far as I know is there there nobody alpha channel?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Like micron said on your other thread, you need to use '.tga' (targa) files with alpha channel if you need a transparent background or border. As you definately need a transparency for the slider & pot animations in your design, you will need to use tga files.
stuff3d

Post by stuff3d »

I need nobody transparent background.
Picture are in such a way rendered how one sees bright recktangle.
I must do this in such a way, because of Shades.

And why does not function with animation, and with another? these are same origin-picture , funnily.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

stuff3d wrote:I need nobody transparent background.
Yes you do. You'll need an alpha channel transparency on the pots & sliders. The tricky part is that for this device (in perspective), you'll also need the shaded shadows to be part of the alpha channels' black section of the mask (the part which gives you transparency). IE each frame will need to include a shaded grey section in the alpha channel which represents the shadow (as it goes from say mid grey to black it will become more transparent). To be honest that's gonna be a lot of work to get right for the 130+ pot & slider animations in your design.
Picture are in such a way rendered how one sees bright recktangle.
Yes, this is because you haven't created your alpha channel properly.
I must do this in such a way, because of Shades.
See what I've written above.

Maybe someone could translate this into German, so that you can understand in more detail what's being said.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

if you want to use animations, you are forced to use tga files, but if you want to use bmp files, you must not use animations, but you can replace the faders layers and then use the sdk transparency and shadows tools.

for potentiometers, you must always use tga with alpha channel, or the result will be the same in your picture, or if you are unable to render tga files, you can do bmp files with the exact identical background of the device surface......
stuff3d

Post by stuff3d »

I will test both versionen.
it surprises me, nevertheless, which functions it with more crossfader! therefore, thought I which lies it in Setting which is not known to me yet.
stuff3d

Post by stuff3d »

Excuses mine headstrong.
I could not resign myself to the fact which goes this with animation, and with another not.
Now has taken as origin another animation, and it goes.
That is I need definitively nobody alphachannel for animation.
Thanks to you.......
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

i have not understood if you have solved the problem, but

for faders, it's better not to use animations, but just replace the layers of the fader browsing the gotree.

But in every case, when alpha channel is needed, you must use 32 bits tga files with alpha channel.

If in your last example you have used to replace the faders layers, you need to resize it and to set the background layer transparency and to select the fader background, you must browse to the gotree and the same is if you need to resize some of the fader layers.

If you need some help, you could save your fader as a new device and send it to me to be optimized.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Micron, I thought it was only possible to use a single bitmap frame for sliders if they're perfectly rectangular or square. So how would you do that with a slider in perspective that doesn't have straight edges? I thought an alpha channel would be needed unless the background skin colour is even & not shaded. I also can't understand how these knobs could be implemented without using tga files with alpha channel. I suppose if the bitmaps contain their relevant sections of background skin it could be pieced together, but I can't see why you'd want to do it like that.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

for fader knob it's better to use a tga with alpha, but i was talking about the fader's layers that generally are 3 and it seemed that in the above image example the background layer is not a needed part, so by setting it transparent could solve the problem, but i'm not sure if it is a fader or a pot animation....
stuff3d

Post by stuff3d »

Mine was problem if I have moved precast animation in sdk, and then has pretended, then has substituted aniamation, she was too bright. then I have animation after him insert in sdk directly peplaced, then has fitted brighthness.
Follower File 1 is too bright, File 2 is right. origin-animation ear the same.

[/quote]but I can't see why you'd want to do it like that.

I must have because of perspektive singlepicture so. dur perspektive changes x/y measured Shades.
the shade is still bad,

However, will be repaired in version 1. there will be perfect shades. however, this signifies 3-3,5 h rendering per picture.
Attachments
fader.zip
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 239 times
stuff3d

Post by stuff3d »

What exactly is now Advantage alpha methode? now this methode just functions like I fancy this.
sharc

Post by sharc »

The alpha channel provides a mask for your control animation. This means that you can use multiple instances of the one animation on a complex background skin, so it uses less resources. Also your animations are re-usable on other devices.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

i have done a correction to the fader movestyle and to the min/max values (why it was negative too?).

So you have used a bitmap animation for a fader, it's ok with the correct movestyle setting, but as you can see, the mouse pointer is not always on the knob.

Scope sdk does not need animations to make faders, so for your next work, i suggest you to export a 32 bit single frame tga with alpha channel of the fader's knob and a fader background (this can be bitmap too), then replace the layers of an existing fader and you are done with just 2 images instead of an animation sequence and you'll obtain a fader with the correct behavior that will offer you a total control over the background contrast.

here is the modified fader
stuff3d

Post by stuff3d »

Well, this is one for Advantage. with me, however, this is not good because on everybody poti another Farb run is, un longer and shorter shade. I must do in this projekt anyhow everybody poti individually.
sharc

Post by sharc »

In this case however, you're using a perspective view with lots of controls on top of a shaded background. It should be OK to use bitmaps...if it works :D

Just means you're going to have to be pixel perfect with your control placement.
Last edited by sharc on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

a fader made with an animation will never be perfect and you will se the knob out of the mouse pointer very often.
stuff3d

Post by stuff3d »

If I thank look to me at this. link does not go