Aquarius LogiQ - Auto-Drummers for Scope/Xite

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Aquarius LogiQ - Auto-Drummers for Scope/Xite

Post by spacef »

Infos: https://spacef-devices.com/news/aquarius-logiq/

Special price until i release presets and do the manual (end of Feb?).

It's difficult to explain in writing how it works. Just get the demo, follow the connection guidelines on the info page, and see where it brings you. If you feel stuck, do not hesitate to ask questions.

Some videos using the drumbox (gives an idea of the sounds

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abp5lMsSa44 (full project)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A72n44FaA5E
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egmTPe26pVo
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7KSMwqBp8
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acvCQ5LxTe0
- https://youtu.be/g1MWOFJuxTY (with Funky Loops)

Have fun !
Attachments
AQUARIUS-LOGIQ-ALL.jpg
AQUARIUS-LOGIQ-ALL.jpg (261.58 KiB) Viewed 6731 times
Last edited by spacef on Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:10 am, edited 12 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Re: Aquarius LogiQ - A new drumming paradigm for the new area :-)

Post by yayajohn »

Looks great Medhi. Can’t wait to try it out.
valis

Post by valis »

Nice
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

Purchased. Looks like a ridiculously inexpensive bargain, are you charging enough for your time?
Can't wait for my key.
Everybody, support Mehdi (and other developers) with your purchases so that we can continue getting tools like this that don't exist anywhere else outside of Scope.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Thanks for the kind words Peter. I feel like a dinosaur and endangered species.... find me a mate to feed the future (not spielraum please, i need sexyer :-) )

In return, Here is a track I did this week-end, showing some "essential live controls".
The second part shows the tracks in studio one.
What you hear is what has been recorded in the DAW: I auto-requantized a bit (but the begining is weirder than the "live-direct", I should have worked that a bit more) :-/

--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abp5lMsSa44

Building a big project like that may take some "clever removing/reloading" of some devices the time to connect the ones that don't want to (no more connection messages), and the saving of a couple of intermediate poject (reloading the project makes room for more connections) but in fact Xite can take a couple more synths and I could add a pitch64 + moduls or Mini KrOn (if you need to send 8 extra CV, ie 16 outputs in total) + a good number of insert fx.

Also this track with the Alien-Duck simulator. The formant+VCO-2021 can also simulate R2D2 and human beat box, but it was not captured on video..yet...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acvCQ5LxTe0

Enjoy the track :-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

are you guys interested by a version of Aquarius without the mixer ? ie, just a simple mix out for monitoring + 5 mono outputs.
You would use it either with only the 5 mono outputs in a mixer of your choice, or with the stereo mix out, without aux effect, but you would record quickly in a daw... It would not have any stereo insert effects neither, so less fun.
I ask to speed up the process and see if people are interested or not...
Let me know once you have played with it a bit.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

spacef wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:36 am are you guys interested by a version of Aquarius without the mixer ? ie, just a simple mix out for monitoring + 5 mono outputs.
You would use it either with only the 5 mono outputs in a mixer of your choice, or with the stereo mix out, without aux effect, but you would record quickly in a daw... It would not have any stereo insert effects neither, so less fun.
I ask to speed up the process and see if people are interested or not...
Let me know once you have played with it a bit.
Actually I want to buy a SpaceF Drum rig but not sure what I need?
Want to know before I buy what is needed.
I don’t use a DAW, rather a host. So I assume I would need a SpaceF sequencer to run the Drum kit..

So many products on your page, like Kron, Kron lite, Sequencers, etc.

Just want the best drum set up for a DAW free SpaceF Drum project.

Thanks
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi !
the Aquarius LogiQ contains all that you need, in particular LogiQ "stepless" sequencer which is optimized for drums, in the sense that Aquarius and LogiQ and TxM5 were built together and fine tuned to work well togethere.

KrOn would work, and LogiQ is a re-work of the "moduls" modulators which is itself a KrOn without pitch step sequencers, but it is also optimized for triggers and for aquarius. LogiQ has more T-Mix modulator, which I find crucial for generating trigger patterns, and has the triggers & modulation crossfaders. The levels of the trigger outputs are also different in LogiQ.

I tried to implement modulation crossfaders in KrOn+ Eurorack, but it did not produce as many cool results as LogiQ + Aquarius. Not that they work very differently, but because those triggers crossfaders are really good for drums, but not that fantastic with synths (not something that would justify the extra i/os used to implement crossfaders inside KrOn (I have the project to make a standalone, small, crossfader for this, but it is now more a matter of available time than anything else - for the moment, i found it easier to crossfade directly in KrOn's mixers outputs).

But I also have my style and inspiration, and gear, and someone else may go a different way and get into stuff that I don't myself because of these style/inpiration/workflow /creativity/equipment difference. I am often suprised, amazed, and a bit proud, when I hear something done by someone else with my stuff, because in general it is not at all what I would do myself,; so I get to hear my stuff in a different setup, controlled by a different mind. That's super cool :-)

For you, as I know you would favor simplicity and immediacy, I would use LogiQ with Aquarius. Then when you are fed up, you could add midi with a daw or third party hardware (mpc, machine, polyend tracker, novation tracks, other stuff...) and either use Aquarius like that or mix it with LogiQ to create something in a different way (like in the video about mixing midi and triggers that you should find in the above links or on my site) .
Last edited by spacef on Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

dawman wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:43 am I don’t use a DAW
Username doesn't check out.
dawman

Post by dawman »

:D
But use a Digital Audio Workstation, just not a software DAW that records, etc.
dawman

Post by dawman »

spacef wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:50 am Hi !
the Aquarius LogiQ contains all that you need, in particular LogiQ "stepless" sequencer which is optimized for drums, in the sense that Aquarius and LogiQ and TxM5 were built together and fine tuned to work well togethere.

KrOn would work, and LogiQ is a re-work of the "moduls" modulators which is itself a KrOn without pitch step sequencers, but it is also optimized for triggers and for aquarius. LogiQ has more T-Mix modulator, which I find crucial for generating trigger patterns, and has the triggers & modulation crossfaders. The levels of the trigger outputs are also different in LogiQ.

I tried to implement modulation crossfaders in KrOn+ Eurorack, but it did not produce as many cool results as LogiQ + Aquarius. Not that they work very differently, but because those triggers crossfaders are really good for drums, but not that fantastic with synths (not something that would justify the extra i/os used to implement crossfaders inside KrOn (I have the project to make a standalone, small, crossfader for this, but it is now more a matter of available time than anything else - for the moment, i found it easier to crossfade directly in KrOn's mixers outputs).

But I also have my style and inspiration, and gear, and someone else may go a different way and get into stuff that I don't myself because of these style/inpiration/workflow /creativity/equipment difference. I am often suprised, amazed, and a bit proud, when I hear something done by someone else with my stuff, because in general it is not at all what I would do myself,; so I get to hear my stuff in a different setup, controlled by a different mind. That's super cool :-)

For you, as I know you would favor simplicity and immediacy, I would use LogiQ with Aquarius. Then when you are fed up, you could add midi with a daw or third party hardware (mpc, machine, polyend tracker, novation tracks, other stuff...) and either use Aquarius like that or mix it with LogiQ to create something in a different way (like in the video about mixing midi and triggers that you should find in the above links or on my site) .

I’m sold then.
Add to cart...
Ankyu
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks for the dedication that went into this device, and the years on all of the others.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

dawman wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:13 pm Thanks for the dedication that went into this device, and the years on all of the others.
Same here Medhi, thanks.

This is just a perfect addition to Kron max pack.
Unbelievable the random sounds/beats you can achieve.
This is a huge amount of fun! Gonna take a long time to tame this beast though.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I love this plug in. It’s bloody brilliant! Totally unique and wicked beats are achieved..
spacef

Post by spacef »

Thanks sincerely for all your comments !

I have uploaded a new version in the download area:
a few corrections
TxM5 
-The note selector knob of section T4 was misplaced (took me forever to find it)
-The slope knob of the section T1 was not of the right color (cosmetics)

Aquarius
-The LP modulation menu of the Kick was hidden when selected.
-The following parameters of VCO 2021 were not saved in presets: SYnc, Output HP / LP, Output Pan, Output Gain

LogiQ
No changes.

Presets
A dozen preset for LogiQ and Aquarius are included. Use the "KIT ONE" preset in LogiQ and Aquarius to listen to presets that were made to work together

Examples
-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVBQsEQF7I
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hey guys,
I took time to replug my scope PCI 4.5 on win xp.
Here is a pic of the dsp meter: It uses 4.5 / 5 dsp in total.
I must upload a new version because it has the same "on same dsp" tag as KrOn had, and so I must update it before it can be used in Scope PCI. Gonna update it in a couple of days.
Attachments
20210222_203147.jpg
20210222_203147.jpg (152.88 KiB) Viewed 6204 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

update is available https://spacef-devices.com/sf-downloads/
- it is mainly a version that allows the devices to be used on Scope PCI systems (LogiQ could not be loaded, now it can).
- no corrections except the midi channel of Txm5 which was working when selected in the scope side bar but not when selected on the device itself. all good now.
- all seems correct to me in all devices now.

NB I left the version that was tagged 'on same dsp' in a sub-folder of the new zip. Xite allows to set the device on a particular dsp, but it can be useful to people who use the SDK to make music (that's me ;-) ) (because sdk doesn't allow to set devs to a particular dsp, so the "load on same dsp" can help getting more connection without reloading the project). Just use the one that works for you.

New demo useable on PCI systems : https://spacef-devices.com/news/aquarius-logiq/
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Update is available. It adds a few parameters and corrects the last little things here and there.
Now has a kick "Carbon Fat Punch" crossfader ;-) it's fat and punchy ;D
Please note that the price is going to be 98 € next week when the manual is released. Last chance to get it for 70 € and save 30 € .
Please note, the demo is not updated: it allows to check DSP and major functions, and lots of sounds, but does not have the latest inclusions, so it's only 80% or less of the sound design possibilities.
Thanks for understanding.

--> https://youtu.be/g1MWOFJuxTY
no effects, no resynch, no post-production (except a bit of ozone on the stereo mix).
How does Aquarius sound with Funky Sounds played by real people ? Answer in the video.
Sample bank is BAKER_BROTHERS_VOL3_RAUCOUS_FUNK" and/or "PL_Electro_Funk_Constructions_Vol_1" (didn't keep track of what is used).

LogiQ uses its default preset, which is a variation of "Kit Three - 01", and then random Aquarius presets for variations.
Remember that you can import the main preset list in each individual section, to import each sound individually and make new presets by mixing sounds from various kits and/or making a bank of favorites.
Attachments
AQUARIUS-Pro.jpg
AQUARIUS-Pro.jpg (111.05 KiB) Viewed 5810 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Re: Aquarius LogiQ - (last week at 70 € - next week will be 99 €)

Post by spacef »

Another (extremely) short video at 125 bpm.....
This week end I am working on this track. In case of emergency, please PM.
nb: pad-vox lead is spacef magma oscillators in Pigments 2 and the big pad is from ni massive.
Magma does the resonant percussion that is sync osc with sync pitch modulated by EG.
Have a nice week-end

--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwm5c1WMopQ
Attachments
VIGNETTE.jpg
VIGNETTE.jpg (344.01 KiB) Viewed 5544 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website