BlackBox 3 by SpaceF

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

BlackBox 3 by SpaceF

Post by spacef »

BlackBox III first releases are available.

Please note that the activation is now ALWAYS purchased separetely and 100%% of the key price goes to SC.
The activation is purchased once only, and is valid on all BB3 devices. Price may change as the BB3 gets populated (decision belongs to SC). So it is currently the cheapest possible. A big thank you to SC for allowing to experiment this and see how it goes. Otherwise, the price would be closer to 99€...

https://spacef-devices.com/product-category/blackbox-3/

Bundle "Core pack 1"
https://spacef-devices.com/product/bb3-core-pack-1/ (you must purchase the key seperately, key is not included in the bundle)

Audio examples:
https://spacef-devices.com/DOWNLOADS/au ... 3-osc1.mp3
https://spacef-devices.com/DOWNLOADS/au ... honics.mp3
https://spacef-devices.com/DOWNLOADS/au ... Pulse1.mp3
https://spacef-devices.com/DOWNLOADS/au ... ATOR-1.mp3
Attachments
corepack1.png
corepack1.png (286.4 KiB) Viewed 9232 times
COREPACK1b.png
COREPACK1b.png (401.22 KiB) Viewed 10854 times
Last edited by spacef on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Re: BlackBox 3 by SpaceF

Post by spacef »

plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
valis

Post by valis »

So to clarify, purchase the ACTIVATION (key) to enable activating the other BlackBox devices, and then purchase the devices either separately or in the Core Pack. Correct?
spacef

Post by spacef »

yes, that's exactly it !
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

for what it's worth, here is a audio of another oscillator which should be ready in a couple of weeks. It's price should be around 10 euros. It's not totally ready though. It does what osc 1 can't do (and vice versa) and is meant to be more "acid" . the tracks saturates a bit because i didn't pay attention to this; but you can hear its sound anyway.
https://spacef-devices.com/DOWNLOADS/au ... 3-osc3.mp3

Manipulation with the mouse in live, sorry for the parameters jumping to the max value when I select a new poti (is there a trick to avoid this ?).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Man or Myth....SpaceF.
Mehdi I bought the Core Package for 50 EU, smooth PayPal, nice.
Then I paid for the key, or so I thought, and it seems I got two Core Packages according to the bill.

Ill afraid to hit the key activation again as it might charge me again for the Core.

Then this could be a total f up by me too, either way I apologize for making you check it out.
I will let you keep the e xtra dough if I I -aid twice, its worth it to me.
Send me a key.

Ankyi
spacef

Post by spacef »

Ah, you must check the basket before paying, mistakes happen. Now I keep all the money, lol :-)
Nah, Don't worry, you'll get a refund of the second Core Pack order (just saw it).
I would prefer that you try again for the activation (I just tried and it seems to work fine) but I can also refund the difference.
I Have nothing against you giving me 50 € as a gift, but at the same time, I do like when people get what they want and enjoy the devs. There will be other opportunity for spending, I promiss :-D
Let's do this by email/PM.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Im ready.
I dialed in Meris Hedra for total real time control via MIDI CC#’s.
So now its Black Box III.

Catch you when uou wake up Cheif....
dawman

Post by dawman »

I like this type of endeavor.
You get some money for your time invested and products, add more and more over time.

So all of the old Filters and stuff can be used in BB3 too, sweet.

BTW is there still the old BB2 somewhere to download?

Ive got tons of SpaceF stuff, need to download everything and re organize if possible.

Chherz
spacef

Post by spacef »

dawman wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:12 pm
So all of the old Filters and stuff can be used in BB3 too, sweet.
Not yet but it will happen. Thanks for the heads up.
dawman wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:12 pm BTW is there still the old BB2 somewhere to download?
I will try to reactivate the old user area this week end and let you know.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Check it out.
Scope DSP does what no other audio/MIDI interface does.

Meris Hedra uses TS cable for MIDI, so I had to buy the Disaster Area MIDI Box.
So the Physis K4 goes into MIDI Box, then its Out/Thru MIDI Port goes to the XITE-1.
Then the MIDI data there is sent out the TS 1/4 Port A using a 1/4” TS Canle to the Hedra.

After mastering Hedra from the K4 I remembered how your CCx2x sends MIDI Out of XITE-1 into my Hammond B3 hardware module to automate the drawbars.
This gave me the idea to use LFO Steps in the same way, and those signals could automate functions on the Hedra.

So now the Physis K4 MIDI goes into XITE-1, then its output goes to a MIDI Solutions Router that has two MIDI Outs.
One goes to the Hammond B3 module where your CCx2x automates and swells the 9 drawbars from a single expression pedal, the LFO Steps signals go out of the second MIDI Port on the Router, into the Disater Area MIDI Box, which sends it MIDI Data out of the TS cable into the Hedra.

Im just getting started because theres 2 more LFOs left.
But a slight Sine Wave with minimal depth moves the MicroTune knob on Hedra.

This uses slight amounts of detune to a heavier amount.
This gives the function motion which really makes the Fender Rhodes pitch shifting/chorus effect full of motion.

I could do this manually but that means one hand on the knob when I should be playing keyboards with both hands.

LFO Steps is like three hands working over the various detune, delay and pitch shift features.

Im going to bed but your LFO Device came at the right time, like all of your devices too.

This is a Scope only trick and once gain Im reminded why I never bought anything else, and never will.

Ankyu
spacef

Post by spacef »

I added Osc 2 and Osc 3 to the shop - and to the download area of all existing BB3 Core Pack owners .
Just login to you account and you should find them in the downloads - for free because oct 14th is my bday (tomorrow).

I will also add them to all new purchases of the BB1 Core Pack 1 until ....don"t know when.

Osc 3 is focussed and really nice to use, while Osc 2 is the weapon of choice when used as a second ocillator in parralel to Osc 1 or 3, all fed into a single filter.

The Osc 3 + Osc 2 combo works great with SpaceF Ambient Delay (also the default preset)
Here it is used "in production" : there are a few drums and a kontakt strummed guitar.

--> https://spacef-devices.com/DOWNLOADS/au ... ndOsc2.mp3

Here is a pic that should allow you to replicate the sound of the latter mp3. It also the show the project modules that are both sent to a single filter. NB: it is possible that I moved some pots around between recording the mp3 and taking the screeshot (eg pitch CV of Osc 3 should be full on).

Enjoy !
Attachments
pic23.png
pic23.png (392.85 KiB) Viewed 10509 times
Last edited by spacef on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Mehdi; Very glad to see this come about. Looking forward to trying out the new pack in the upcoming week.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Happy bday tomorrow Mahdi, and thanks for the freebies :)
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

amazing mehdi :) congrats on the fantastic rebirth of blacbox !
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
spacef

Post by spacef »

thanks evryone ! :-)
Nice to see you Yaron !

in this audio OSc 3 as "Daft Punk" and Osc 1 as "the bass" - each on its own "filteQ 1", just like 2 seperate synths.
-->> https://spacef-devices.com/DOWNLOADS/au ... t-osc3.mp3
I should send the presets soon but it is easy sounds. the bass has manual modulation of the Tone to make it more or less "metallic".

Also realized midi channel selection was working on channel 1 only on the oscillators. so i fixed it to finish the above track....
---> Updated versions of all oscillators in your account
I also added Osc 2 and 3 to the Core pack so you just need to download that zip. Sorry for the inconvenience.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Sound design tip

- Use Oscillator 3 and FIlter 1
- Add "Decimator" (the stock scope fx) in the insert slot of the WET output of the Filter - play with the Samplerate (not the bitrate, which is already in the "Bite" of the filter".
-- Have fun for a while by adjusting decimator's samplerate, and playing with the filters LFO/EG or external modulators (step sequencers etc)..

-- then add an insert filter fx on the Dry insert slot, for example a stock scope LowPAss filter with a slow LFO. you get a nice multi-layered sound.
--- have fun for another while :-)

-- you could add a multi-insert effect racks on both insert slot (dry and wet) and go wild with various effects. Let us know about your findings :-)

The decimator samplerate works best with Oscillator 3 but should give nice effects with other oscillators as well (not as striking as with osc 3 though, from what i've been able to experiment)..

QUESTION/ANSWER:
do you guys get a "pad1 not connected" type of message with FilteQ 1 saved in projects ?
if yes, do not worry. It does not change the functions/sound and will be corrected shortly.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

Not getting the pad connection message, but it seems the dry insert on Filter one is only working on the left channel. If I have the filter in Stereo or 2 Mono mode I'm only getting dry insert in left channel. Hadn't noticed before because I had always used it in mono until I set up your sound design tip, which is frightening the cats right now with some UFO landing noises.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Thanks Peter! I just corrected this.
I will do the final tests this afternoon/evening before uploading (this evening or tomorrow).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Love the tips, as nobody knows whats more interesting than its creator.
Keep them coming.