Post by yayajohn »

Just messing around :D

https://soundcloud.com/yayajohn/sfbb3
SFBB3.JPG
SFBB3.JPG (338.66 KiB) Viewed 10329 times
spacef

Re: BlackBox 3 by SpaceF

Post by spacef »

awesome yayajohn. You are reaching territories that I thought were out of reach .... :-)
are these sounds really made with my devices? i can only beleive you :-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Isao Tomita.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Correction of the filter 1 is available for download in your "download page" https://spacef-devices.com/
Now the dry signal follows the mono/stereo modes.
I did not find any other bug or things to change, so hopefully this one is final and i will be able to work on the filter 2 (and BB2 "revival") :-)
do not hesitate to report anything (bugs, request for improvement), reporting here in public is perfect for me (easier to follow than in my overcrowded mailbox)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

Sounds good, but now there isn't anything in my download page except for the BlackBox 3 activation...?
spacef

Post by spacef »

my bad, I changed a letter in the zip name and ..... it should work now.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

Good now.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Those OSC's are the snappiest I think I've heard for Scope. I think they'd give a eurorack set a run for it's money.
Not sure how you did it but great job Mehdi.

btw I used a couple stock effects on the inserts: hexa chorus and ring mod. The rest was all you baby!!
spacef

Post by spacef »

It is the best reward when users are happy :-)

Once you know how they are made, the osc seem like the obvious thing to do to achieve those sounds.
What I can say about the design is that nothing would have been the same if I did not own a Korg MS20mini, a miniTaur and a single eurorack oscillator :-) I sold everything except the eurorack (which is only a mini case with an expert sleeper ES3 and an Erika Pico VCO wavetable ).
Knowing how real analog sound, having used those for 5 or 6 years almost exlusively, and being able to tell the difference with DSP oscillators, is probably the most important part of the design.
I also had the time to experiment, make mistakes, redo everything, refine etc..

I am also using the "does it blend" test .... with something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhJ6ha0jBwk :-)
The real challenge would be a TB 303 sound. I am not there yet. I will try with Filter 2 but it is too soon to tell how it will sound or if it possible to get that exact sound (i haven't began yet, or more exactly what I have already tried is not great...i am still exploring/testing stuff...). Not everything is possible in digital domain (for example, digital phase cancellation is a bitch, and saturation/distortion is simply not the same, and the dsp don't allow stuff like convolution etc) .. But well, in the worse case, we'll have something new to play with :-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

yayajohn wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:02 am Those OSC's are the snappiest I think I've heard for Scope. I think they'd give a eurorack set a run for it's money.
Not sure how you did it but great job Mehdi.

btw I used a couple stock effects on the inserts: hexa chorus and ring mod. The rest was all you baby!!
They really are. Im using Omnisphere layered with the SE-02 because their Waveforms are really snappy and have a big sound, but their Saw and Pulse waves get way too thin, but for beefing of a synth bassline they were my go to power sound.
With these BB3 Oscillators Im working out some patches and theyre way more flexible plus the Saw and Pulse type sounds stay Fat.

Now Omnisphere can be just Keyscape samples and some Samples from Omnisphere v1 which are really good old S760 samples.

Nice job Mehdi.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi all,
As I am advancing on the 16 step sequencer modulator, I would like to remind you that the pack is still at intro price for a few days.
BB3 Core pack--> click here
I will also add more panning options to the filt-EQ-1 "dry" because it allows nice stereo sounds. For example, a gigantic VST pad on input 1, and a BB3 oscillator on Input 2 . Choose Stereo input mode to make your level/pan balance, then add a bit of dry.

Here is a stereo polyphonic pad (VSTi) with Filt-Eq 1 , alone then mixed with some "dry". Just add an EQ in the insert slots of the dry or wet to sculpt the sound further.
https://spacef-devices.com/DOWNLOADS/audio/Mixdown-PADS.wav

and a pic where you can see that the Filter is modelled as a bandpass. Moving the EQ peak slightly to the left or right changes a lot the sound of the filtered layer. You could also dispatch the dry and filtered sounds on two channels of your mixer... but what for ? using FilteQ-1 saves a stereo channel of your dsp mixer.
As I am working in the SDK, it is a bit complicated to make proper preset lists...

See you soon
Mehdi
Attachments
PRESETS.jpg
PRESETS.jpg (475.03 KiB) Viewed 9841 times
Last edited by spacef on Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

UPDATED CORE PACK AVAILABLE IN YOUR DOWNLOAD ACCOUNT (date NOV 3 2019)
=======================================================================

Contains new versions of Osc 2 and FIlt-eq1
======================================
see pic for addition highlighted.

Please download and overwrite your older files (make sure you backup your current preset list because the one in the zip may overwrite your current preset list).
I may remove the preset lists from further updates to avoid this, but for the moment, it is still there....

OSC 2
======
Sustain and Release of the VCA were weirdly linked

NEW IN FILT-eQ 1
==============
-- Dry Pans for in 1 and in 2. Made for Dual mono and Stareo, it also follows the input routing when Mono L or Mono R are selected.
-- Wet Level Boost: from 0 to +12dB through a drop-down selector.

The above are new parameters added to the previous preset list. Therefore, older presets will not take those parameters into account.
Also, it is possible that the preset list shows a message "preset list only xx% compatible", which is what happens when parameters are added or removed.
-- The Dry signal is also attenuated by 6dB in order to allow its mono-summing (when both pan are at the center). Therefore, previous presets using the Dry may not sound exactly the same. Just add a bit of Dry level and resave a preset if necessary.
-- New WET PANS, for better control (you can now center the pans more easily).
Attachments
NEW.jpg
NEW.jpg (475.62 KiB) Viewed 9861 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Thanks for the update. :)
Was just fiddling with OSC"s/Filt.Eq1/Echo-4i/Kron and I have to say WOW! I am achieving an awesomely huge sound with these.
You are off to a great start with this new pack.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Teasing with the sound of a simple 16 step sequencer... the osc is OSc4, one that is unreleased because I am not yet happy with it.

No added eq or compressor, just a little hardware reverb as aux in scope. Eqs in FilteQ-1.

https://spacef-devices.com/DOWNLOADS/au ... n-osc4.wav
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

soon
K16 & K Light
Perfect as standalone modulators or as extensions for KrOn
Attachments
K16.png
K16.png (254.58 KiB) Viewed 9388 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

nice news, is developing in my desired direction :P
~~
~
mehdi, but why not in your own spacy-topic
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
spacef

Post by spacef »

BlackBox III - Tips and tricks

In the track below, a solo/arpegio appears at half the track with a lot of stereo effect.
This effect is achieved by doubling the synth with a chorus. The modulated delay of the chorus creates that wide effect (it also has a vsti delay).
Distortions in this tracks are achieved by boostiong the oscillator's output to the maximum.

https://soundcloud.com/user-442800355/m ... ackbox-iii

Instead of using 2 oscillators, 1 is used and doubled with a modulated delay that acts like a fine tuner. Note that only thge wet is used.
Attachments
tricks.png
tricks.png (128.81 KiB) Viewed 9316 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

BBIII is shaping up to be an excellent addition to the platform. Sort of a new concept of building a synth in the project window which makes resource management on the Xite a lot easier. Presets can be accomplished with the Project Preset List device from SAL. (or within individual devices)
The OSC's are extremely powerful and clean, perfect for lots of neat effects and modulations.
3OSCs.JPG
3OSCs.JPG (175.96 KiB) Viewed 9250 times
https://soundcloud.com/yayajohn/3oscs
spacef

Post by spacef »

I must get that project preset device :-) nice track !

Here is another idea: connect 2 same oscillators to the same filter and detune them a little tro create a kind of chorus/ pseudo-unison.
Osc 4 is made for this . I will upload it before the week end because I think it is done now. I must check the sequencers again before uploading. AThere have been a couple of correction in the filter too (amp modulation).

Listen: https://soundcloud.com/user-442800355/m ... ackbox-iii
Attachments
osc4.png
osc4.png (6.11 KiB) Viewed 9218 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

:) Nice! Look fwd to number 4