MPA: A whole new Chapter for SCOPE and you are invited

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Re: MPA: A whole new Chapter for SCOPE and you are invited

Post by Marco »

:D Germoney Musikmesse Frankfurt! They where there. I didn't go there because I was last year at the Musikmesse Frankfurt, and it was {gähnende Leere} =a dead Musikmesse! Just a few people there not really worth to visit but still amazing.
Makeaudiopro is there too this year. If I knew, it would be interesing to go there, because I would like to see this man behind all the scences. His little synth, I saw a little Black sharc in it! Is it based on Creamwares hetitage? Im shure. The idea isnt bad, but I dare the successful Implementation. I wish them good luck!
I still believe, we are musicans but only a few are developers.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

New DIY "Pluggiator" I´d say ...
Quote from specs: Load/Play one synth at a time

I wonder how they get 10 voices of polyphony from Minimax, Prodyssey and Pro12.

On XITE-1/ SCOPE 5.1, I ran out of polyphony w/ 4-6 voices on Prodyssey and depending on patch, 6 voices on Profit-5 were safe ... 7 not so much.
Can´t remember Minimax poly,- I´m unsure if I tried at all ...

:)

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

Likely the 21469 Chip that UAD & Strymon are using.
I’ve got over 20 Algos on my Reverbs and they modulate parameters in real time glitch free.
Gotsa be new atoms or more of them.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

i've been told by someone who knows that it is indeed "the return of the plugiator" reskined and not beyond
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
astroman

Post by astroman »

on all product pages most of the space is covered by housings and mounting parts, only 10-15% display processing 'gear'.
Too many 'possibilities' and vague statements, few (if any) new facts, just that revitalizing story.
I'll stick with my trusty old Scope and let it communicate via classic analog/digital pathways - it connects the Windoze DAW with Pro Tools TDM and IOS. Any of the systems can give and take in both directions. :D
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dawman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:52 pm Likely the 21469 Chip that UAD & Strymon are using.
I’ve got over 20 Algos on my Reverbs and they modulate parameters in real time glitch free.
Gotsa be new atoms or more of them.
So you say, SHARC DSPs in UAD and Strymon devices are different from those used in XITE boxes ?
B.t.w., I guess, when the OS runs on a separate processor inside a device´s box, SAT connection bottleneck might be history compared to ext. device being connected to host computer.
I´ve never seen XITE running out of DSP power,- just only running out of SAT connections.

I dream from a 1HU blackbox housing ARM or such, running SCOPE environment,- w/ XITE connected via XTDM bus and completely independent from Windoze, ASIO and VST/AU.
Screen, mouse and USB storage connect to "blackbox" mini-computer.
The combo working standalone like NOAH(ex).

:)

Bud
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I didn't even saw the plugins page !

I didn't read all but how will those Creamware instruments be launched ? In a Scope environment or directly vst's ? And yes : how many voices ?
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I just asked those infos on the site. Let's wait for the answer.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Mikael-R

Post by Mikael-R »

JoPo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:40 am I didn't even saw the plugins page !
I didn't read all but how will those Creamware instruments be launched ? In a Scope environment or directly vst's ? And yes : how many voices ?
https://makeproaudio-shop.myshopify.com ... /dino-park

- VSTI control interface for remote control of Dino Park from within your sequencer/VSTI host (free download)

- Minimax - 10 voices - Prodyssey - 10 voices - Pro-12 - 12 voices - B4000 - 91 voices (full)
Last edited by Mikael-R on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikael-R

Post by Mikael-R »

I hope 3rd party developers will port over their scope devices to this thing. It could really expand the scope market for a wider audience since the price is only 299 eur and is less complicated and works standalone.
Last edited by Mikael-R on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Perfect! 299€ for the dino park. I'm shure this is a good idea to use creamwares heritage in a new kind of hardware. But I would like to have more knobs sliders and status leds etc. :D :D :D
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Mikael-R

Post by Mikael-R »

Then you can use this for 69 eur which is 8 knobs with switch function that slides directly into the top of the housing.
https://makeproaudio-shop.myshopify.com ... tweak-tile
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

Mikael-R wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:22 pm I hope 3rd party developers will port over their scope devices to this thing. It could really expand the scope market for a wider audience since the price is only 299 eur and is less complicated and works standalone.
No chance!
Music
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Just curious, is that a techical no or an ethical no?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

both.

this thing is just a plugiator with a new name, what's the hype exactly? minimax with some midi knobs?

its scope4, it has zero cooperation from sonic core or from scope 3rd party devs.... its milking a cow that died in 2005, imo.
Music
Mikael-R

Post by Mikael-R »

I think this could be as revolutionary for the audio gear market as iPhone was for the telephone market.

Here are some examples of why I think it has great potential:

- Anyone could make their own custom hardware standalone synth or effect box, just connect some potentiometers and switches to an arduino board and do some SDK programming and put everything in a box with a keybed.

- Companies could radically lower the development cost for new products, especially those who doesn’t have their own platform yet. It might even become the standard way for audio companies to operate in the future, excluding the big companies like Roland.

- Software companies might start to develop for this. I could imagine Diva running on one of these boxes connected to the computer streaming audio into the DAW via USB, it would be indistinguishable from working in the box except no CPU hit and more processing power. When you are done you can disconnect it and use it standalone for a different purpose.

- Hardware companies could start making sophisticated midi controllers that looks like specific synths. Those midi controllers could have a slot that you simply put one of these MPA pcb’s into.

- Software interfaces would probably work across any device, like smartphone, tablet, computer, or raspberry pi without much development cost.

- It could be similar to downloading apps for the smartphone. It could be like: "- Tonight on the the gig we need a special effect for the 70s cover, hmm let’s go to the MPA store and download something with good reviews."
Last edited by Mikael-R on Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Mikael-R wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:19 am I think this could be as revolutionary for the audio industry as iPhone was for the telephone market.

Here are some examples of why I think it has great potential:

- Anyone could make their own custom hardware standalone synth or effect box, just connect some potentiometers and switches to an arduino board and do some SDK programming and put everything in box with a keybed.

- Companies could radically lower the development cost for new products, especially those who doesn’t have their own platform yet. That should mean harder competition and better products.

- Software companies might start to develop for this. I could imagine Diva running on one of these boxes connected to the computer streaming audio into the DAW via USB, it would be indistinguishable from working in the box except no CPU hit and more processing power. When you are done you can disconnect it and use it standalone for a different purpose.

- Hardware companies could start making sophisticated midi controllers that looks like specific synths. Those midi controllers would have a slot that you simply put one of these pcb’s into.

- Software interfaces would probably work across any device, like smartphone, tablet, computer, or raspberry pi without much development cost.

- It could be similar to downloading apps for the smartphone. It could be like: - Tonight on the the gig we need a special effect for the 70s cover, hmm let’s go to the MPA store and download something with good reviews.
Sounds really cool and "revolutionary". After you purchase this, please let us all know what you end up developing and how much it will cost for us to purchase your new hardware device.
Mikael-R

Post by Mikael-R »

yayajohn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:38 am Sounds really cool and "revolutionary". After you purchase this, please let us all know what you end up developing and how much it will cost for us to purchase your new hardware device.
I don't know if this is sarcasm, I'm not planning on selling devices but if I were, I would at least not have to start from the nothing or consult expensive expertise to get started. Ordering custom cases could be problematic since a large quantity would have to be ordered to make it economically feasible (unless you make them one by one in wood which is a lot of work) The wiring could be quite labor intensive but easy and somewhat satisfying, it could be done by anyone in a garage I suppose. Fatar sells keybeds that you simply put in and connect. The price would probably be in the boutique range, but if you manage to fill a niche then price might not be a problem and you can sell a hundred units and make a profit. If you have to charge for the manhours put in it would help to live in India though.
The SDK development could be as easy as putting together some generic atoms or as complicated as circuit modelling. If you put together some generic atoms nobody might buy it though. I didn't say it would be easy to be a synth manufacturer, but building your own synth as a DIY project doesn’t seem so hard.
Last edited by Mikael-R on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.