Sonic Core's big 4 for 1 software items sale

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: Sonic Core's big 4 for 1 software items sale

Post by garyb »

Bud Weiser wrote: Is it really EUR 98.- for each plugin ?

Bud
98 euro for transferring any and all plugins.
the Transient designer works in v5.1 and the synth should, too.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: the Transient designer works in v5.1 and the synth should, too.
Gary, SPL Transient Designer and ZARG CombPlusPro work on my XITE-1 and w/ SCOPE 5.1 because I got v5(.1) keys for the plugins and related to XITE-1 hardware.

But now, I´d want ´em working also (or again) on the PCI card and in SCOPE 5.1 too.
I only have the v4 keys for these 2 plugins and would need v5(.1) keys for the PCI card now.

Is that wrong and they´d work w/ the v4 keys in SCOPE 5.1 on the PCI card ?

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, it's not wrong.
why wouldn't you use them with the v5 keys that i would make if you had v5.1?

just leave the serial number off the order form and when you get the letter asking for your serial number, attach a copy of the old keyfile showing those plugins to your reply.
Gaslight_Twilights

Post by Gaslight_Twilights »

Man, if S|C put out a group of effects like UAD, they would blow UAD out of the water. With Scope's collection of synths, virtually unlimited routing options, superior converters and pre amps, and thoudands of other things that make Scope incredible, UAD wouldn't stand a chance. They would be a laughing stock compared to Scope
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

PsyQ and Timeworks Master Pro are unbelievable.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

VinCo is also stellar.

CWM's FXkeys is also the best live effects ever bestowed upon mankind.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I agree that UAD and Scope have great FX, but let's face it the Reverbs suck.
It's an effect that is so complex it requires it's own OS and dedicated DSP processor,
otherwise you get that behind the cone sound.
I'll try to explain, when you have a friend standing in a large square sewer 12 x 16'
and he is 6 feet away from you yelling "Hey" that's what a VST or DSP reverb sounds like.
You hear the effect behind the audio source and afterwards.

Move your buddy back 40 feet and make him yell again, that's hardware,
as the effect immediately wraps around the audio source.

I recently started using my Ferrofish and Behringer ADA8200 to host a series of
hardware FX and concluded the best Reverb we can get right now for Scope is the
Lexicon MPX-1. There are better reverbs but for thousands more you get to
edit them more, the sound is slightly better but not better than my 160 Dollar Lexicon.

Also for those not to critical about science and math, the Behringer ADA8200 with
the new Midas MicPres sound really good, and costs 1000 less than a Ferrofish.

If you are recording the extra fidelity of the Ferrofish is slightly noticeable but live
next to each other it's not noticeable.
But don't waste any more money on Reverb plug ins.
Hardware is now the right price and beats the pants off of any plug in, even the
expensive ones sponsored by guys sitting in front of 500,000 dollar consoles telling
you they prefer a PC.

image free hosting
Gaslight_Twilights

Post by Gaslight_Twilights »

Not finding that reverb cheaper than $289 :( Still not a bad price though I guess all things considered.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Mine was 300 I offered 160 and they accepted, just keep looking and trust me it's a great reverb for Scope.
I am using the External Master Effects Module and these units have such hot outputs from the 80s/90s that the signals need to be cranked down on the hardware, then compensated for in the converter, then again in the Module itself.
The amount of wetness can make the instrument totally unrecognizable.
For some reason Native Reverbs always contain some of the dry signal, and only in Mehdi's Modular and FB mixers where he has AUX bleed over can our Plug ins get some extra wetness, but nothing like these hardware units.
vascomusic

Post by vascomusic »

4 in 1 SCOPE Bundle sale has been extended until October 12th !
Yogimeister

Post by Yogimeister »

@DawMan
How are the MPX-100/200/500 compared to the MPX-1 you mnetioned ? (They actually seem to be going for cheaper on eBay)

Do they sound as good ? :)
hubird

Post by hubird »

As far as I know the algorythms of the MPX1 are derivates of the older qualified Lexicon machines, as opposed to the latter reverb models you mention.
My MPX1 had broken alas, and can't be repaired for the mony I could buy a 2nd h. one...
Apart from the sound quality on it's own the digital in- outs make it the perfect reverb extension for Scope, I miss it in every project :(
Yogimeister

Post by Yogimeister »

It seems that the majlr selling point of the mpx200 and i guess 500 is the USB connection that lets you control the unit (and probably store/load patches) via a vst interface ....

Do you think that would be worth considering them for ?

Also, I noticed some PCM units on eBay (and an LXP)... Does anyone know how they are compared to the MPXs ?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Yogimeister wrote:It seems that the majlr selling point of the mpx200 and i guess 500 is the USB connection that lets you control the unit (and probably store/load patches) via a vst interface ....

Do you think that would be worth considering them for ?
The only one I consider is a Lexicon MX400XL, just only 1 HU, 4 processors/channels and 4 XLR I/Os as well as SPDIF and USB.
Yogimeister wrote: Also, I noticed some PCM units on eBay (and an LXP)... Does anyone know how they are compared to the MPXs ?
The little PCM60 is quite unique for electro magnetic pianos,- it was Chick Corea´s reverb for his Rhodes for a long time when he used a Shure mic mixer (mono) as his Rhodes-preamp in the studio.
The PCM 70 sounds excellent,- it´s cult, but it gets hot in the rack.

I owned the Lexicon LXP-1 / LXP-5 combo mounted on a rackshelf w/ MRC (midi remote controller) and sold ´em long time ago.
That were good in the 90s but I wouldn´t buy it today anymore.
They all use walwart PSUs which I hate and these are also not so easy to replace today.
In the past, Thomann p.ex. offered affordable replacement PSUs for the LXP models which were identical to some EMU Proteus PSUs.

I kept and overhauled my Yamaha REV-7 w/ small remote controller as well as the Digitech Studio 400, 4 processor/channels, 4 XLR and TS I/Os w/ the option to install AES/EBU.
Both have their own character.
I like the REV-7 for drums and the vocal plate is good too.
The Studio 400 is excellent w/ my hardware instruments and is connected to the 4 aux-send/returns of my Roland M-160 4HU rackmount line mixer(s).

For everything inside SCOPE environment and XITE-1 I´m using the stock S|C FX and some freebies I´ve found here @PlanetZ.
Nonetheless, I have the option to connect external gear by AD/DA connected to XITE-1 via ADAT.

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have owned and used the PCM70/PCM80/PCM91 (AES/EBU) used a 480L on every road gig and most recordings and the MPX-1 seems to cover the older PCMs and 480L pretty well.
I can't speak for later MPX 500/550 or other Digitech based Lexicons, but can say I like the MPX-1 so much I am getting 2 more of them.

The Main reason is how big they make the sound of the XITE-1 when you run them through the STM 2448 X AUX Channels.

I'll have a Roland DEP-5 in AUX 1, AUX 2/3 and 4 will be MPX-1s.
I will make a recording where the proof of these combinations can be heard.

When running hardware into the XITE-1 I always hear that extra presence from adding hardware into an AUX that gives it a bigger sound, but the MPX-1s really surprised me on how clean and big the sound became.
Using a Groove Tubes MKII right now and this is the best sound I have had on stage ever.

Seems as the years go by I always need to make myself happier to keep performing for drunks, pimps and Ho's, and since I no longer do drugs or chug Jager I've become even more critical.
I am so elated by the sound I have now I don't need no booze , broads or dope.
This sound is so good I think I will get some Peyote from a Navajo guy that comes around.
That should be fun.
He spends thousands on hookers so we call him Chief Sav-a-Ho.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dawman wrote:
The Main reason is how big they make the sound of the XITE-1 ...

I'll have a Roland DEP-5 in AUX 1, AUX 2/3 and 4 will be MPX-1s.
You use the DEP-5 for ... chorus ???
dawman wrote: Using a Groove Tubes MKII right now and this is the best sound I have had on stage ever.
I wonder whether the improvement of your sound comes mainly from the Groove Tubes SpaceStation MKII or mainly from the outboard FX ?
Did you try replacing outboard gear w/ S|C and 3rd party SCOPE devices since using the GT SS MKII ?
dawman wrote: ... and since I no longer do drugs or chug Jager ...
Oh s##t !
I hoped we´ll have a hangout some day in future, then not only spending time listening to 360° stereo from a single cab and watching hardware displays. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dawman wrote: I've become even more critical.
You, being a sound junkie, were critical enough WITH drugs and Jager ! :D
dawman wrote:
... I think I will get some Peyote from a Navajo guy that comes around.
That should be fun.
He spends thousands on hookers so we call him Chief Sav-a-Ho.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, I love your stories !!!

best

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

the DEP-5 has a nice chorus, but it's a very nice verb...
dante

Post by dante »

Bud Weiser wrote:
dawman wrote:... and since I no longer do drugs or chug Jager ...
Oh s##t !
I hoped we´ll have a hangout some day in future, then not only spending time listening to 360° stereo from a single cab and watching hardware displays. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bud
Hey am I invited too ? I haven't had anything except alcohol for 10 years !!! DOH !! Anyway I have the Lexy MPX500 sitting vertically in my retirement rack, put there when I byed a DAS reverb years ago.

BUT - Im putting together a cover since I discovered I owned proTone which Im hoping to prove the theory that all we need is Scope - and 5.1 at that !
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

What's the difference between proTone and Bowen's ProOne?
Is it the extra filters?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Hey am I invited too ?
Sure you are ! :D

Bud