Sonic Core's big 4 for 1 software items sale

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

readymedia

Re: Sonic Core's big 4 for 1 software items sale

Post by readymedia »

Just played a bit with ProTone Spacy Arp Preset from Krischker. This one preset is alone a reason for the upgrade. )) Have ProTone already, but will buy the upgrade for my last SFP4.x Pulsar2 card.
me, M6700/i7quad/Win7: PT11/Ableton/Komplete
WinXP/Luna2/Modular2 @Dell630 Dock
Gaslight_Twilights

Post by Gaslight_Twilights »

Sounddesigner wrote:Sonic Core is selling Modular 4, Prodyssey, Protone, and SCOPE 5.1 software bundled for 99 EURO's :o . I just got a email from them advertising this.

Unfortunately I have everything on sale except Protone already so it doesn't make much sense for me to buy it, but I'm glad to hear from S|C (especially around Musikmesse time). And I'm sure someone else will be happy to hear of this sale since it is a great bargain. Modular 4 alone is worth a lot more than 99 EURO's, it has no equal IMO.

This sale is only for a short limited time wich is usually how they do sales. October 7th is the deadline.

LINK - http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 21&lang=us

Dude, just email Holger. I already have 5.1 and Modular IV, I asked if I could get something in addition to Protone and Prodyssey, he gave me a special deal : 75E for Protone, Prodyssey and Sixstring
Gaslight_Twilights

neuromantik wrote:So any news on SCOPE 6? Or perhaps a 5.2 patch with working x64 samplers? I'll pay top dollar for those :)

Hahahaha! I'll have grandchildren by the time Scope 6 comes out :D
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Last edited by Music Manic on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaslight_Twilights

Music Manic wrote:Gary said there were big problems with it just before the launch and they've had to start over with programming it I guess.
Well, at least they're working on it :D
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Yes they're definitely working on it but I don't think they want to disappoint us.
dante

Post by dante »

readymedia wrote:Just played a bit with ProTone Spacy Arp Preset from Krischker. This one preset is alone a reason for the upgrade. )) Have ProTone already, but will buy the upgrade for my last SFP4.x Pulsar2 card.
Yes Spacy Arp is nice !!

Actually, I didn't realise it - but I already had Protone on both PCI and XITE - and I was just about to shell out for it again :lol: :lol:

But check out the presets Synchronous (or variation Eoww AT) in the factory bank - I reckon that's the one Jeff Beck used on the intro of 'Star Cycle' from 'There and Back' - one of my all time fave LP's from the 70th. Now Im looking for the sound he used as the Arp bass riff that comes after the intro. ... I reckon it could be Phat Saw Seq.

Awesome sounds
dawman

Post by dawman »

I hope they sell tons of these.
Soniccore should just take 100 up front from each person wanting Scope 6.
Then charge another small amount on the back end.
Those not wanting to invest can pay 300 when it's released.

Using other peoples money works well when revenue is always uncertain.
Just look at American politicics.
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

dawman wrote: Soniccore should just take 100 up front from each person wanting Scope 6.
Then charge another small amount on the back end.
Those not wanting to invest can pay 300 when it's released.
Great idea I got 200€ right here for SCOPE 5.2 (STS + sequencer fixed) and another 200 for SCOPE 6 although I'm not holding my breath. Seeing as S|C is a one man dev shop now, I don't see why they test the waters and do a kickstarter, that way we can invest the amount we want accordingly.
dante

Post by dante »

neuromantik wrote:S|C is a one man dev shop now, I don't see why they test the waters and do a kickstarter, that way we can invest the amount we want accordingly.
True. But if that one man can do it on his own terms in his own time there's something good about that as well.

One man takes on the audio world. Awesome.

Like this proTone is a whole new rediscovery for me. If I can make a cover version of Star Cycle that sounds as good as Jeff Becks......do I really need a new version of Scope right now ?

Faith brothers, faith. Holger's creative genius sees him exalted way above any US politician....!
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

dante wrote: True. But if that one man can do it on his own terms in his own time there's something good about that as well.
Is there? I'm not really convinced that bug corrections should be done on "own time" but rather ASAP. I think SCOPE 5 is fine the way it is, given all of its quirks. But I think the platform would be immensely more popular (and have a larger user base), if some kind of communication was done as to what can be expected in the future. For instance, there is a MIDI timing bug in the Solaris which may or may not be a showstopper. There are many customers waiting on John's feedback as to if and when this bug may be addressed. If some form of roadmap communication is done, I like many others are willing to take the plunge on a 4500€ VA.
Rather than moan and groan, I prefer, as a 21dsp creamware and Xite customer, to express my interests with my wallet and hope that there are others like me. :)
dante

Post by dante »

If SC were as big as Steinburg, UAD or Propellorhead I would agree with you. But the reality of a small company having to do other things to earn food for thier family and implementing expensive bug fixing just doesn't scale.

I know because I've been there. For 3 years I toiled away in a flat on the worlds first Windows Point of Sale software and earnt nothing, despite winning an industry show award, favourable press and customer praise. It doesn't matter how good the product is you can't compete against oppositions with massive marketing resources and financial backing.

So unless you've actually been there, it's hard to get a grip on exactly what Holger is doing. I guess GaryB would come closest to understanding but only Holger can make any calls and judging by the awesome sound / power / versatily in my studio he has already done his job even if he stopped now, I would still owe him.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote:If SC were as big as Steinburg, UAD or Propellorhead I would agree with you. But the reality of a small company having to do other things to earn food for thier family and implementing expensive bug fixing just doesn't scale.
The others started as small companies to, everyone did.
Some had/have luck, others don´t.
I´d call it destiny.

Maybe some did mistakes others not or less of these, who knows ?

It´s just only anything any customer shouldn´t have to think about, isn´t it ?

Doesn´t mean I won´t support anyone, but it also cannot be a precondition, you, as a customer, have to support someone running a biz.

Just only my opinion.

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Gaslight_Twilights wrote:
Hahahaha! I'll have grandchildren by the time Scope 6 comes out :D
There´s some truth in these words, I think.
I might be retired when it comes out, but I still hope for it, really !
It´s just because "officially retired" doesn´t mean I won´t be busy w/ technology and music.
But I doubt it will be a biz anymore then.

Bud
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Gaslight_Twilights wrote:
Sounddesigner wrote:Sonic Core is selling Modular 4, Prodyssey, Protone, and SCOPE 5.1 software bundled for 99 EURO's :o . I just got a email from them advertising this.

Unfortunately I have everything on sale except Protone already so it doesn't make much sense for me to buy it, but I'm glad to hear from S|C (especially around Musikmesse time). And I'm sure someone else will be happy to hear of this sale since it is a great bargain. Modular 4 alone is worth a lot more than 99 EURO's, it has no equal IMO.

This sale is only for a short limited time wich is usually how they do sales. October 7th is the deadline.

LINK - http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 21&lang=us

Dude, just email Holger.
I already have Six String as well. Protone is the only thing left from Sonic Core that I want but don't already own. Plus I think it's best I hold on to my money for now. I'll get it in the future I'm sure, along with whatever SonicCore releases. For now i'm gonna wait to see if dNa or someone else come with a new release before years end. I only have a small amount of cash due to coming holidays and birthdays so I have to do a "Minimax" , meaning with my minimum funds I have to get what will bring the maximum gain to my studio. Not talking about Minimax Synthesizer tho that's great to :) . I'm glad you gave me the info to contact Holger cause it may come in handy in the future.

Gaslight_Twilights wrote: I already have 5.1 and Modular IV, I asked if I could get something in addition to Protone and Prodyssey, he gave me a special deal : 75E for Protone, Prodyssey and Sixstring
Your example shows probably why SonicCore does'nt make much money. They are too giving and generouse and try to please everyone (not bad for us customers but can be bad for business). SonicCore made a mistake twice with me and gave me Modular 4 on one occassion by accident and Prodyssee on another by accident. Both times i did the honest thing and informed them that they accidentally gave me too many plugins that i did not pay for, and on both occassions they told me to keep them for free. They also developed a 64bit O/S version for the old SCOPE PCI cards when they probably should've stopped after the 32bit version. One can argue that doing more for the old Creamware PCI platform has hurt their own platform XITE-1, giving XITE-1 users a valid reason for some anger. I'm sure development could've been faster for the XITE-1 platform if they'd done less for the old PCI cards but Holger tries to please all users it seems, just like in your situation he made a 'custome bundle for your individual needs' that is dirt cheap in price. The bigger and more successful companies don't operate like that usually, such as Waves, UA, Avid, etc they give you the illussion of bargains (the regular prices of their products are waay too high so the sale price really is'nt a bargain) and if they give something free it is rare and of little intrinsic-value usually. Sonic Core discount sales can't be matched, neither can their stock plugins with regards to quantity and quality nor overall generocity. But that type of business Model often is'nt profitable. That's what separates SCOPE from other platforms - you get more than your moneys worth with SCOPE - and you get a platform that may be low in Market-Value (Due to small number of sales) but the best and truly high in Intrinsic-Value. I was getting great bargains, awesome stock plugins and free stuff of great value every since i've been on this platform (in return i've invested ALOT of money in it). It's "an embarrassment of riches" with SCOPE that can easily be taken for granted.
-
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Yogimeister

Post by Yogimeister »

Yay ! :)
Last edited by Yogimeister on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
hubird

Post by hubird »

Bud Weiser wrote:
dante wrote:If SC were as big as Steinburg, UAD or Propellorhead I would agree with you. But the reality of a small company having to do other things to earn food for thier family and implementing expensive bug fixing just doesn't scale.
The others started as small companies to, everyone did.
Some had/have luck, others don´t.
I´d call it destiny.

Maybe some did mistakes others not or less of these, who knows ?

It´s just only anything any customer shouldn´t have to think about, isn´t it ?

Doesn´t mean I won´t support anyone, but it also cannot be a precondition, you, as a customer, have to support someone running a biz.

Just only my opinion.

Bud
That's true also.
There's no one to blame anyway, it is like it is.
Some masterplan should arise, but we users don't know anything.
If it's true that once we were with 35000+ users, crowd funding would be an option, or something like Jimmy suggested recently.

To be honest I don't think any surface restyling of the current system will ever happen, the thing we have is the thing we have.

Which thing is really a great thing, and fundamentaly not outdated.
The direct analogy with setting up a hardware studio is just right and of a natural beauty, but if you ever worked with music apps on a tablet you can imagine that new potential users of Scope -used to that integrated easyness- will call SFP harsh.
Not because of the base, but because of a (restricted) list of old fasioned or even stupid details in gui or procedures.

What will a potential user think of the midi handling, the project screensets handling or the saving routines today?
Some details we all know:
Why do you have to switch to different folders on your harddisk when saving a preset or a project, given you use the standard Scope folders for those?
Why the hack can't you see the preset name in the modules gui window?
Why all those weird mouse activities just for changing to another screenshot? A little 1-2-3- switcher in thetop of the life bar would suffice.
Why not showing the added midi cc number in 'current' before the controller window closes, so you don't need to open it again to be shure, and can't those creepy Midi+ or Midi- symbols (as I can't call them really buttons ) be changed into a simple 'apply' or something? (Compare the old VSTi OSCar Midi assigning method...).
Why all those popping up windows anyway? etc.

I love my Scope Studio, even while having to have the cards in a separate old Quicksilver mac, I'm old style and used to combine hardware and software, but new young customers might have doubts having a first look.

You guys know the way you make music on a tablet with all the different apps?
It's unbelievably easy, I saw it with a close friend who's used to make techno music and now does it on his iPad, in his spare time. You kick around all the wanted connections or files just like nothing!

If you're used to that user communication level, and you then want to scale up to a more professional mixing and mastering system, then Scope is the most complete and best sounding system which is affordable.
But those shabby details and that improvised looking window handling will it make hard to convince the fast living new tablet generation I'm afraid.
The market is there, and the solution is there, but some restyling wouldn't misfit.

I have an UAD Quad card, just the hardware and the few included standard plug-ins.
(I feel tempted to buy the Neve package).
A similar S/C card could be a monymaker and a seductive step to Xite.
Put a few plugs on it to start with, and make the big synth emulations and the special and mastering plugins optional, and there you go: a direct alternative for the UAD card.
The price could be quite competitive, as the plugs are already there.

I know, this idea is not new, but it just came in my mind again when checking the available UAD plug-ins tonight.
I would easily put a 500 euro in a decent users crowd funding program to make this or another smart devellopment plan possible.
But then S/C would need to change stategy, and play the public card.

Ah well, just thinking, and asking myself what could I do, what would I want, and what's needed for it and for the future :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am grateful for what I have as retirement is out of the question since the XITE-1 has made my entire rig portable.
Plus I even use more VSTi's now since they had years to catch up to Soniccore.

But if nothing ever happens with 6, I still win. I have had 64 months of money in pocket after ROI (return on investment), that's better than Wall Street, and the TOC (total overhead cost) is zero. Far better than the Federal Reserve or Wall Street.

Right now my concern is if I should I buy a spare XITE-1, as 5 1/2 years w/o a problem makes me nervous.

I am use to shit breaking down long before that.

Forget about Soniccore, Holger should run for President as he has achieved so much, with so little.
We have people spending trillions they never earned or sweated for and losing/failing at everything they do. Yet we re elect them....?

Drenkelfort for President in '16.......... :D
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: yes, you can move the plugins to an XITE, the normal fee is 98euro.
I once transfered keys over from PCI card to XITE-1.

Then, with the last years special deals, I got SCOPE 5.1 for the PCI card too.
NOW, I´d need v5.1 keys for 2 plugins,- SPL Transient Designer and the old ZARG CombPlusPro because these work only in SCOPE 4 and 4.5 up to now.
Is it really EUR 98.- for each plugin ?

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

hubird wrote: There's no one to blame anyway, it is like it is.
True !
hubird wrote: If it's true that once we were with 35000+ users, crowd funding would be an option.
"once were" and "actually are" might be a big difference.
You don´t know how many PCI card systems from the past really exist, how many were trashed and you also don´t know how many of the PCI card owners are willing to buy the new hardware once SCOPE 6 would be ready to see the daylight.
I think, that´s one of the most important points.
There are many fanboys of the old PCI card systems and these run in old machines and w/ Win XP and are usable for professional results.

The question are:

1.)
WHO buys XITE-1 or XITE-1D when SCOPE 6 will be released?

2.)
What happens when SCOPE 6 refuses supporting Win XP and old PCI systems/cards?

OTOH,- the crowd funding idea is not bad and many newcomers use it, but I don´t know if a pro company like S|C would decide to use it.

Bud