SCOPE 5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Re: SCOPE 5.1

Post by dante »

rez6286 wrote:So when is this "new stuff" suppose to be in production......
Now ( production=coding ).
braincell

Post by braincell »

Originally, when the first Creamware cards came out, computers were not powerful enough to do the kinds of things we wanted to do in a high quality way so it made a lot of sense to put the load on the card instead. Now that computers are very powerful and RAM is cheap, they have responded with this behemoth Xcite which is really overkill for most of us and redundant as the current customers mostly had quality audio i/o and as synth players, how many do you need?

What they should have done is engineered their synthesizers which are very excellent, to work off the CPU with no card but instead they made something which costs five times as much as a Scope Home card (which already was an expensive card) and they released it in the middle of a global recession. It doesn't make business sense.

I was accused of not knowing what I was talking about when I predicted the demise of Creamware.

dante wrote:Dunno but to me, the cost of my Scope cards could buy 2 or 3 computers. The computer is nothing more than a host so why would you render it inoperable as a host for any length of time at all ?

It's sorta like buying Scope, then adding a 1 gig gaming card, internet, CAD, 3D Soundblaster, dual boots, joysticks sharewarez sequencers xxx movies and anything else that uses IRQ's, can be virus infected or totally unrelated to DSP applications & expecting it to still work efficiently as a dedicated DAW.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i'll take an XITE and an old computer any day over the most cutting edge new pc. that's just me...of course, i'd take a new pc AND an XITE over that in a heartbeat. one never has too much power, and computers come and go like disposable lighters, but something like XITE is valuable for many, many years. sometimes value isn't so obvious, just from a look. a listen would confirm what i'm saying much quicker...
MMC

Post by MMC »

The only problem for me is:

Adobe's CS5 is only working with 64bit of Windows and I am working with this. I don't want to use different Soundcards in my powerful 4cores-Workstation because SCOPE is not able to work with Win7 64 bit!
Now Matrox delivers the first Drivers for the RT.X2 card and CS5 so I will start to use this by the next days. It results in the end of 32 bit!
What will I do now with SCOPE? Nothing? No! I have to use it also for my Studio setup for the background music, talkovers and so on.
But why? I can not switch between 32 and 64 bit, because CS5 works only with 64 bit.
So not only my computer is the problem - the developing of all software never stops...

And be honest...: S|C announced the 64 bit nearly since one year...

@garyb: When a beta is existing it would be enough for me at the moment. The main thing is, it works!!!
dante

Post by dante »

Thinking about scope just in terms of how it's processing power compares to host CPU is a limited view. When I first saw Scope running, the very first thing that led me to buy it was it's routing. It's ability to join everything inside the computer to everything outside it. A very simple concept but no-one edle has done it. The devices were then a bonus on top of that. And still are. To me, Scope is Routing + processing + quality. A three in one lay down mizere greater than the sum if it's parts. If you don't see it in that light, or don't use it in that light, then it's not the right tool for you.
garyb

Post by garyb »

it just depends on what your needs and goals are, what you're actually doing. the right tools for the job is the best policy.

for someone into AUDIO, Scope can't be beat.

for someone into VIDEO, priorities might be different.

someone into BOTH, would just run a cheap or even free computer in parallel(or even a decent one and then mix the audio where it belongs, on a system set up for audio), until the desired drivers arrived. if one has little experience with real audio gear, and has had little practice in "high fidelity" one would never see the advantage in a Scope card. actually, things that are very simple in the real world are quite difficult using a computer, even though many things difficult in the real world are quite simple with a computer. it really is a FACT that only Scope can truly bridge that gap, and make the things that are easy in the real world easy in the computer. also, with high-end plugins, even the latest processors struggle with a big mix. more power is always better, no matter how much one has, at least at this point in the game.

of course, with so many people just using other people's work these days(loops and samples) and calling themselves genius and creative, much of the art of recording and mixing has become irrelevant and lost, but that's another subject.
MMC

Post by MMC »

@garyb:

until CS4 and 32 bit all is gone well! There were no problem. But with the new Videoformats and the use of more and more blu ray I have to change all to go with the developments.
It has a reason that I am using Scope with Cubase 5.5 (when producing music) and CS5 (when editing videos). The best Quality can be used with them together!
Please accept my solution which i have built the last years till now.

Why S|C can't deliver a alpha or beta version of Scope for PCI? For me just enough.
katano

Post by katano »

MMC wrote:Why S|C can't deliver a alpha or beta version of Scope for PCI? For me just enough.
Why don't you ask S|C for the beta, maybe you'll get it... Worth a try...
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

katano wrote:Why don't you ask S|C for the beta, maybe you'll get it... Worth a try...
did you? ;)
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I just recieved a BETA for a particular fix I am concerned with.
They don't go soliciting customers, you need to be specific.
They are quite eager to help if they have the time.
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

so, when we can espect 64bit drivers?
katano

Post by katano »

sooooooon :P
starcorp

Post by starcorp »

i have tested a beta version of scope 5.1 with 64bit asio driver. (xite)
most of the plugins are working. xtc mode is not finishd yet.
so i decide to work again with the 32bit version.

my presumption is we will have a working beta version before end of the year.

knock on wood!

regards jan
Last edited by starcorp on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

When they get scope working with xtc mode and scope at the same time, we Will have a uad/protools killer!!!!
MMC

Post by MMC »

Is the SCOPE 5.1 beta for XITE or PCI?
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

On July-26 2010 I received a message from Soniccore support stating that Scope 5.1 64bit will be available in aproximately one month.
As I understand from previous posts in this thread this statement will not come as a big suprise to most of you.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

the19thbear wrote:When they get scope working with xtc mode and scope at the same time, we Will have a uad/protools killer!!!!
+1 :wink:
dante

Post by dante »

...XITE-1 with devices coded to the new SHARCS even better...
oxygenial

Post by oxygenial »

dante wrote:...XITE-1 with devices coded to the new SHARCS even better...
When that happens, sign me up for an XITE! :-)
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Daniel wrote:On July-26 2010 I received a message from Soniccore support stating that Scope 5.1 64bit will be available in aproximately one month.
As I understand from previous posts in this thread this statement will not come as a big suprise to most of you.
I didnt get that mail but...if they hold that date i eat my hat.

And can we stop with these ridicoulous claims"Protools-uad killer" please?
Scope is scope and these other products play on a way different market scale.
The day sc is stepping up with development-advertising from almost zero to something like uad-digi we can maybe play with the big boys.
And also...where is the sc announcement on development-delays-anything.........(facepalm)
MOVE IT SC!!!!! Or get moved...again.
Now kill me.
Just some user......HOHOHO