SCOPE XITE-1 UPGRADE OFFER / MODULAR IV / SCOPE 5.0

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

protoculture

Re: SCOPE XITE-1 UPGRADE OFFER / MODULAR IV / SCOPE 5.0

Post by protoculture »

Modular 4 sounds great and all... personally I would just like to see a finished version of 5 with 64bit drivers. For me that should be the highest priority here. Granted the release candidate is working perfectly so far, its just I've just been waiting so long to move my system up to 64 bit (my SCOPE card is the final piece of the puzzle) and I find it strange that they're spending time on new plugins and devices before the actual host software and drivers have been completed. Hopefully it gets sorted out before the end of the month.
rhythmaster

Post by rhythmaster »

protoculture wrote:Modular 4 sounds great and all... personally I would just like to see a finished version of 5 with 64bit drivers. For me that should be the highest priority here. Granted the release candidate is working perfectly so far, its just I've just been waiting so long to move my system up to 64 bit (my SCOPE card is the final piece of the puzzle) and I find it strange that they're spending time on new plugins and devices before the actual host software and drivers have been completed. Hopefully it gets sorted out before the end of the month.
I agree! v5.1 should also arrive soon.

And this was another weekend without the final version v5.0 :wink:
XITE-1, Cubase Pro 10.5 - WIN 10 64-bit
http://www.seismofunk.com
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

+1
Express Card support would be like the cherry on top
I only drink to make YOU more interesting
ACIDkNiGhT

Post by ACIDkNiGhT »

Holger Drenkelfort wrote: In addition, it is time to release SCOPE 5.0
including the XTC mode and bugfixes. We will
upload the new version during this week.
That week is over. Why did mr Holger promise something to us at all?

Many of us are waiting for XTC mode. Without it, value of XCITE is way overpriced compared to other platforms. With it, well.... that is another story alltogether.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this week. :P
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

protoculture wrote:Modular 4 sounds great and all... personally I would just like to see a finished version of 5 with 64bit drivers. For me that should be the highest priority here. Granted the release candidate is working perfectly so far, its just I've just been waiting so long to move my system up to 64 bit (my SCOPE card is the final piece of the puzzle) and I find it strange that they're spending time on new plugins and devices before the actual host software and drivers have been completed. Hopefully it gets sorted out before the end of the month.
It's quite likely, isn't it, that there are some people at S|C who are working on v5 and 64bit drivers, and others who are working on new devices. Not everybody at S|C will have the same skillset, so I'm quite happy for them to be working on v5 AND new devices at the same time.
Also ModIV represents an immediately accessible new revenue stream for them, wheras 64bit drivers will not bring any new money in until people buy cards to run in 64bit systems. They've got to keep their cash flow going.

Ben
protoculture

Post by protoculture »

Ben Walker wrote:
It's quite likely, isn't it, that there are some people at S|C who are working on v5 and 64bit drivers, and others who are working on new devices. Not everybody at S|C will have the same skillset, so I'm quite happy for them to be working on v5 AND new devices at the same time.
Also ModIV represents an immediately accessible new revenue stream for them, wheras 64bit drivers will not bring any new money in until people buy cards to run in 64bit systems. They've got to keep their cash flow going.

Ben
Point taken... however to my mind, having a completed system with 64 bit drivers and OSX support would be immediately accessible income as well. Personally if I hadn't been using SCOPE for as long as I have, I wouldn't even consider spending money on a product that's software and drivers are still in beta/rc stages. I assume there are a number of Mac owners as well who would love to get hold of a SCOPE system but haven't done so because of incompatibility and I'm guessing that selling more Xcite cards would generate more revenue than Modular 4.

Then again, I'm not a businessman or marketing person so I'll leave the decisions to those in the know... just my two cents. I'm sure the guys over at Sonic Core will hopefully pull through soon.
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

ACIDkNiGhT wrote:
Many of us are waiting for XTC mode. Without it, value of XCITE is way overpriced compared to other platforms. With it, well.... that is another story alltogether.
NOT! XTC mode doesnt add too much for me (read: I dont use it!).
pollux

Post by pollux »

FrancisHarmany wrote:
ACIDkNiGhT wrote:
NOT! XTC mode doesnt add too much for me (read: I dont use it!).
No offense Francis, but the fact YOU don't use it, doesn't mean that many other people DO use it and are waiting for it (including myself).

IMHO XTC mode is of great value and very efficient for some things, while scope mode is of great value and very efficient for some other things :)
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

waitin' for a easier xtc/vstim integration from long time
i would like to use all the SC devices like UAD or Duende cards owners
and could be a crucial point for future SC marketin'
A.
dawman

Post by dawman »

The idea of new CZ Oscillators and Prophet/Mini Filters in Modular will widen my pallette, so these are great developments.
64bit and VSTIM/XTC are conveniences that won't change my workflow. But many folks will be happy.
But the idea of the 34mm Express Card and Modular IV are what I am excited about.
I already record and use VSTi's and VST FX via Scope, and since I know how to edit these giant instruments and use my resources to fit my needs, the whole 64bit thing is unnecassary too at this time. This will change eventually, but only when real 64bit builds are available.
What's going to be the talk of the town is when a laptop and a 1U XITE-1 roll into a recording session or onstage somewhere and begin to perform.
Hobbyists will certainly love these conveniences, but when the XITE-1 can route more than 1 x AES/EBU, and use a laptop, that's when the pro FOH crowd and hardware Modular lovers will step up to the plate.
So S|C has done their research well IMHO. They are slowly dealing w/ all of these options, and eventually the idea of Hobbyists with extreme taste and needs as well as pros. will start paying off big time. UAD has been dealt out of the laptop world as the 54mm debacle demonstrated. That leaves S|C the champ still on it's feet.
I will support these guys until the Cows Come Home.
I understand the idea of more freebies exites many folks, me too. But revenue keeps the coders paid, and new sounds flowing. Break down and buy Modular IV before they start cutting back on employees..... :D
MD69

Post by MD69 »

got Sc email, that's good news !

Thanks a lot SC!
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

MD69 wrote:got Sc email, that's good news !
do you consider telling us what it said?
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
MD69

Post by MD69 »

hi

Nothing new for you I guess, just I am being late at the party!

Dear SCOPE community!

(Deutsch)
Nur für den Zeitraum vom 01.12. bis zum 31.12.2009
bieten wir CREAMWARE SCOPE- und PULSAR-Usern die
Möglichkeit, ihre Karten an Sonic Core zurückzugeben
und dafür bis zu 900 EUR Rabatt auf ein neues SCOPE XITE-1
System zu erhalten!
www.soniccore.de

(English)
Many CREAMWARE SCOPE users are asking to upgrade their old
PULSAR or SCOPE systems. We will offer Creamware users a
fantastic deal up from December 1st until December 31st:
trade in your old Creamware SCOPE or PULSAR board in
exchange for a "special deal" rebate worth up to 900 EUR!
www.soniccore.com

For answering your questions we will be pleased to help.
Mail to info@soniccore.de

Yours sincerely
Your Sonic Core Team

cheers
petal

Post by petal »

ACIDkNiGhT wrote:
Holger Drenkelfort wrote: In addition, it is time to release SCOPE 5.0
including the XTC mode and bugfixes. We will
upload the new version during this week.
That week is over. Why did mr Holger promise something to us at all?
Yes, it is very strange indeed. We all know what he should have said instead - soon!

Thomas :)
luigicampala

Post by luigicampala »

The new Scope 5 is about to be downloadable...yet the link doesn´t work right now, but hopefully will be
Look in the download section at Soniccore
Strattosphere

Post by Strattosphere »

I'm downloading it right now. Here the FTP link to the download folder.

ftp://sonic-core.net/software/scope5/

Right-click the one you want and save as

Stratt
katano

Post by katano »

be aware, the SONIC_CORE_SCOPE_XITE-1_v5.0.2615_EN.exe ist still uploading, but the zip seems to be ok :D
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Geez already....you guys should be happy that you're not developers - with the citizens banging down the doors! :lol:

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Having OSX & Vista/7 drivers would help sells: people becoming curious about S|C will ask for it!
For most of them and at first sight, they wouldn't even imagine none of these drivers are released with Xite, whatever the reasons... not what others do (yeah, whatever!)...
Some part of their commercial target is impossible to reach without these upcoming drivers so it as a financial impact.

Now they propose an upgrade for Xite and their "first" reworked modular? I'm glad to pay for that:
it is a potential income for them IMHO, directly coming from the existing community and I guess modular was a good choice, kinda "in between" the SDK and classic plugs like minimax, etç...

Anyway, declaring real war to other platforms can only be made with the full bundle :
the device, the SDK!!!, the control softs (XTC included), new plugs, drivers for "all" and then the X-TDM extensions.

Note that for the SDK, maybe some guys out there have already had their hands on it...
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

katano wrote:be aware, the SONIC_CORE_SCOPE_XITE-1_v5.0.2615_EN.exe ist still uploading, but the zip seems to be ok :D
Be sure to backup up the whole folder prior to upgrade.
Just for safety's sake....

I haven't had any issues with the update. Everything seems snappy and happy now.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3