Pro Flexor for Scope 5 - PETITION

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

erminardi

Pro Flexor for Scope 5 - PETITION

Post by erminardi »

Do you wish that SONIC CORE supports Flexor/Adern for the new Scope 5.0 OS and for xite?

Here the place for your sign.

http://www.adern.com/home/modules.php?n ... opic&t=616

Then we send everything to S|C attention.

Erminardi
Last edited by erminardi on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
cyril108

Re: Pro Flexor for Scope 5 - PETITION

Post by cyril108 »

signed!

Cyril
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

If I cant use old third-party devices I wont have much use for Xite!
xite knight

Post by xite knight »

Signed

In my experience, the only way to get the scope environment to sync ( I mean sync - not pseudo sync, quasi sync or almost sync ) with cubase is the Flexor ramp functionality. Without Flexor or some alternative that provides sample accurate sync of sequencer patterns, delays, LFO's etc, Xite-1 + Scope 5 is a NO GO. Period.
Cheers
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

I don't recall reading antwhere that it's not supported. Have I missed something?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Is this related to Assaf's recent post on the Adern forum?

Erminardi, the link you posted isn't working btw.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Shroomz~> wrote:Is this related to Assaf's recent post on the Adern forum?

Erminardi, the link you posted isn't working btw.
Sorry Shroomz, updated now ;)
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
bosone

Post by bosone »

it would be insane for scope 5 not to support flexor!!!!!! :evil: :evil:
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

signed.
helldriver

Post by helldriver »

signed, flexor makes the scope platform into something special. not comparable with all the other software crap around!
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Hmm maybe I'll sign it when someone can tell me where it is stated that Flexor won't run on the new scope. I thought that Flexor's announcement related to NEW DEVELOPMENT - but since Flexor 1/1.5/2 already works fine, and doesn't need to be fixed, I'm wondering where the problem is. Does Adern need to survive as a company? I can't really blame them for considering these issues.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I wonder, what you guys are signing, because when I follow that link, I get to a thread with less participants than this one.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

erminardi wrote:Do you wish that SONIC CORE supports Flexor/Adern for the new Scope 5.0 OS and for xite?
did I miss the official statement from S|C that neither flexor will run on xite and/or scope5 nor they will support adern to make it run on xite and/or scope5?

( assaf did not say "S|C does not support Flexor", he said "FleXor will not support Xite or Scope 5." and that's quite a difference... )
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

kylie wrote:
erminardi wrote:Do you wish that SONIC CORE supports Flexor/Adern for the new Scope 5.0 OS and for xite?
did I miss the official statement from S|C that neither flexor will run on xite and/or scope5 nor they will support adern to make it run on xite and/or scope5?

( assaf did not say "S|C does not support Flexor", he said "FleXor will not support Xite or Scope 5." and that's quite a difference... )
Well, then we turn this petition to Adern.
What I (we) confirm is that Flexor is fundamental for Scope, also for future developments.
I consider the success and the survival of Scope, also respect the (in)famous insolvency of CW, is due to the worth of Flexor at least to 40-50%.
I really don't desire a Flexor IV VST!!!
I hope that his development continues for Xite & OS 5.x
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

If Flexor never got another upgrade I wouldn't mind really. As long as my cards are functioning the sounds I will obtain (or at least try to obtain) from flexor 3 will keep me happy. Streamlined workflow would be welcome but that all depends on SC and their attitude to modular and something tells me that this isn't a major concern for them. I don't see why flexor won't run within the scope 5 environment but time will tell... Fear not I say. How many of us are really pushing the capabilities of flexor anyway :lol:
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Well...that sucks major ass if its true.I am about to pull the trigger on the flexor 1.5>3.0 update but i pass if it does not run on v5. :-?
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

um... why would they make it not support flexor, they even advertise flexor on their site?
and if they dont support it, the problem must be more widespread than just flexor, it must spread to other 3rd party stuff as well.
Tau

Post by Tau »

Flexor is the cutting edge of sound-design and synth design for Scope.

I don't want to see it go :cry:
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Why would it go ?

Wasnt it annoucned that old plugins are compatible ? I think this fuzz is for nothing.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

I agree - Flexor is essential. IMO there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that compares. When I got it I was blown away. I would be gutted if it didnt work on Scope 5 (although I have no intention of upgrading immediately - I will be at some point).

The question, however, is NOT if SonicCore support it. The question is if Adern support Scope 5.

I would go so far as to say that I would be more than happy to pay for an update to Flexor (if thats what it takes) to have a Scope 5 compatible version. Pretty much like I will have to pay for a scope upgrade that is VISTA compatible (not that I intend on using that awful OS until I am forced to upgrade because new hardware isnt compatible with XP-hopefully a long time).

The fact is, we dont know the full details - Assaf has made a vague comment which appears to have got a few ppls knickers in a twist.

Wonder what this means for Grainmiller and Philter though as they are yet to be released - if they ever will be?
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.