Flexor downloads available!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Leper

Post by Leper »

I am actually GLAD that flexor is being released when the developer feels it is ready. A lot of companies these days are forced by parent companies to meet unrealistic deadlines and release unfinished products, and then they have to patch them for months and months afterwards, with many users dropping off because of frustration with bugs and issues. I trust that adern will release a very fine quality package of modules, that seriously you can't find anywhere else on earth for even a quarter of the price!

Just be respectful and keep in mind that adern is a small team! Something like this is also happening in the gaming community.. if you've ever heard of the game Half-Life (best action game ever made), the developer Valve promised for a TF2 game to be released 3-4 years ago, but then after they made it, they decided that it wasn't up to standards and restarted from scratch. Now they're finally releasing Half-Life 2 and TF2, but some people are saying that they are not going to buy it just because it took so long.. even though it appears that it's going to be the best game ever released to this date.

I don't really understand this kind of logic personally.. but whatever :razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leper on 2003-09-14 14:37 ]</font>
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

I thought TeamFortress 2 was scrapped altogether? HL2 is looking mighty fine though. That and Homeworld 2 (demo has just been released!!) will be the first two games I've bought in a long time.

Anyway, I'm very curious as to why exactly Flexor has been delayed if it isn't a Creamware decision, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. I've had the mod 2 for a long time but never used it, but just reading about Flexor and hearing the demo's triggers all kinds of creative idea's in my head. Granular sequencers and butter filters...hmmmmm :grin:
scary808

Post by scary808 »

I have a feeling the delay has something to do with Creamware helping Adern implement the copy-protection. It seems like it would have to be some sort of a custom job for modular devices.
at0m

Post by at0m »

On 2003-09-14 15:14, King of Snake wrote:...
I've had the mod 2 for a long time but never used it, but just reading about Flexor ...
Sounds familiar :D Same happened to me some months ago. If there's one thing I regret about my Pulsar use, is that I haven't started patching long time ago. Just can't imagine I ignored all that for all these years... There's some excellent links and info on modular here. I started by building insert effects, which is instant fun & quite easy!
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Everybody delays everything. You shouldn't rule out something just because it has been delayed. Plans change, bugs arise, new features are added...delays usually mean improvements!

Shayne
TRMP8R

Post by TRMP8R »

Q: What's Flexor?
wayne

Post by wayne »

bosone

Post by bosone »

i just got flexor...
since CW doesnt allow me to buy a key... i think i will just enter some random codes to unlock it: i plan to activate it in about 100-110 years... :smile:
bosone

Post by bosone »

i tried for curiosity to load the flexor modules in mo2 window. it doesnt work (obviously!), since it asks for a DSP which is not found in the zip files (probably is given with the key, i suppose), but i admired the great design of the modules and the online help embedded in them...
great work, i'll be very happy to buy it!
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I'm also looking forward to a cure for cancer, peace in the middle east and the first human colony on Mars.
bosone

Post by bosone »

you still not believe???
:smile:
petal

Post by petal »

On 2003-09-17 03:01, bosone wrote:
but i admired the great design of the modules and the online help embedded in them...
great work, i'll be very happy to buy it!
I agree! The online help is a very usefull thing - Which I think will give a more "intuitive" workflow while exploring Flexor and constructing new patches, because you don't have to look an unknown device up in the manual.
Very nice detail.

Thomas :smile:
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

On 2003-09-17 04:02, Spirit wrote:
I'm also looking forward to a cure for cancer, peace in the middle east and the first human colony on Mars.
Oh Richard, I love your humour, be strong, Flexor must bring money in Aderns bags.
It will happen!
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

On 2003-09-17 03:01, bosone wrote:
i tried for curiosity to load the flexor modules in mo2 window. it doesnt work (obviously!), since it asks for a DSP which is not found in the zip files
the DSP file is provided with the zip. to install you must extract all of the zip to your directory, or you can manualy find the file under 'App/Dsp/', and copy it to the right location :smile: chearz!
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

a week of downloads but still no keys :sad:

I must say the logic behind way the release of Flexor is being handled eludes me completely :grin:
bosone

Post by bosone »

next week i'll begin to buy mod3 upgrade... let's hope this help!! :grin:
valis

Post by valis »

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... orum=10&17

(proper end to this thread is the beginning of another)