20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

User avatar
garyb
Posts: 22144
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: ghetto by the sea

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by garyb » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:04 am

:lol: nothing special. they do sound really great on a mic, but they're just crappy practice amp. a client used mine on a recent album and was so impressed by the sound that he bought one. :lol: then he was disappointed when he saw what it is(he never saw mine, he was in the control room and the amp was in the studio). :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think i might need to buy one of those. they're worth money in Japan. it'd be good to get a spare....unfortunately, only German, no English(dumb Americans)...

User avatar
dante
Posts: 4022
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by dante » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:28 pm

If I was going to shell on an actual unit (vs virtual) - it would be this -

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... r-modeling

But they are $2 large in AUS$. :( Still - they would be good for live and practice and recording and portable and amp model interchangeable and load re-active.

User avatar
garyb
Posts: 22144
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: ghetto by the sea

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by garyb » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:02 pm

played live for years with the Rat Fink. made money. people would come up to ask what i was playing through and i'd point at it. they always would ask "is that tubes?". :lol:

little practice amps sound great on mics, better than "real" amps, better than my Boogie Mk3 ever did. well, without monitors and the PA, the RF couldn't even be heard over the band. the Boogie was better if there wasn't any support, or if the soundman couldn't wrap his head around making the RF as loud as the vocals in the monitors.

it doesn't take much...the Rat Fink DESTROYS any and all amp models, PC or otherwise, at least when basic tone is concerned. there isn't much music where any of this even matters. hahaha! who has made any music that really meant anything to anyone lately? Wayne?

User avatar
dante
Posts: 4022
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by dante » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:29 pm

IIRC Sirius Bliss played a mean Ernie Ball.

And Im getting this guitar :
Mini City Guitar
Mini City Guitar
Mini City Guitar.jpg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 1560 times
I hear its very lite.

User avatar
Bud Weiser
Posts: 1631
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 am
Location: nowhere land

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by Bud Weiser » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:46 pm

garyb wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:04 am

i think i might need to buy one of those. they're worth money in Japan. it'd be good to get a spare....unfortunately, only German, no English(dumb Americans)...
Well, hold the horses and don´t make a mistake.
To me, it smells like credit card fraud.
They say they buy "overruns" from manufacturers and offer 75 Oberheim Matrix-1000 for EUR 58.12 each ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just only came across that site because you linked ebay,- then googled a bit more.
Their german is also not good and you don´t really find out where and who they are.

So, DON´T buy please !

:)

best

Bud

User avatar
garyb
Posts: 22144
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: ghetto by the sea

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by garyb » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:49 pm

:)

User avatar
t_tangent
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: UK

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by t_tangent » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:44 pm

Bud, Yes I saw a link to their store a few weeks ago when I was looking for an ADL-53 module for a Marshall Time Modulator, same store but slightly different website. https://www.rarecheats.com/index.php?ma ... ts_id=3312
Heh, the link says it all, rarecheats. Their listing says they have 79 of those modules in stock. Except only one company in the world has the documentation, parts and "know how" to make those epoxy potted modules now, Studio Electronics Inc based in Burbank CA and run by Dave Kulka, and they are out of stock at the moment. That Goody department store is a complete scam site, no doubt run by some total scumbags. So yes, one to avoid. :)

User avatar
dante
Posts: 4022
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by dante » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:36 pm

So ... Rat Finks selling Rat Finks !

User avatar
t_tangent
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: UK

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by t_tangent » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:12 am

LOL, good one Dante. Indeed. :)

User avatar
Spielraum
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:11 pm
Location: Raumschiff Erde

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by Spielraum » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:56 pm

Goldgräber
Goldgräber
Puls@r_v1.3 (1999).gif (4.61 MiB) Viewed 1396 times
...
..
.
Scopefamilie
Scopefamilie
SE-studios_CW-SC-Scope20years.jpg (448.16 KiB) Viewed 864 times

https://www.amazona.de/test-sonic-core-xite-1-scope-pulsar-teil-i/
Last edited by Spielraum on Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle

User avatar
Nestor
Posts: 6367
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Fourth Dimension Paradise, Cloud Nine!

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by Nestor » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:15 am

I know I'm late, it doesn't matter, here we go:

I’m a Pulsar pioneer and eternal supporter. I’ve got my first Pulsar I Plus in 1999. I studied the whole of the market through the year 1998, there were few contenders against Pulsar really, I would say no more than 7 if I remember well, that would interest me, like turtle beach cards, the Yamaha SW1000GX which had pretty nice sounds on it I remember, and some other much more expensive systems that were not even 10% as efficient and easy to use as Pulsar studio software, and of course, you would need some gears to connect it all with a good amount of expensive ramen-like mess of cables.

For me, my two cards, which are two Pulsar I with Scope 5.1., are all I need to do everything. I have NEVER felt Pulsar outdated, out of the market or death. I think of it as I think of “bread”. Bread was created perhaps hundreds of thousands of years ago, so to say, but it is still in every house every day of the year, and nobody gets bored of it. Pulsar is the same, it is the foundation of every musical meal. I am SOOO grateful to have it! I LOVE IT ENORMOUSLY! :)
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*

User avatar
yayajohn
Posts: 1279
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Everywhere....Nowhere

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by yayajohn » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:43 pm

I almost bought one of these in 1999.
http://me.henri.net/msi.html Or it was going to be a Tacsam DA-88
Bought a Pulsar1 instead and it is still being used on Scope 7 which is insane to think about. I mean NOBODY has supported (and still supports) a PCI card from 1999
We are very fortunate because I really can't think how my interests/approach to music and overall education of recording and synthesis would be right now if Scope didn't exist.
Thanks Holger and thanks to the great group of people we have here.

User avatar
Spielraum
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:11 pm
Location: Raumschiff Erde

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by Spielraum » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:58 pm

Image
Prototyp `2001
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle

petal
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Copenhagen
Contact:

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by petal » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:59 am

Wow - that thing sure is yellow!

MCCY
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by MCCY » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:42 pm

Wow, just searched for "warp69" in this forum again, as I remembered his name from here. Just did some reverb comparisons including the relab stuff.

It has been a very intense time back in 2006/2007 when I was building lots of things with the scope cards. Would have saved a lot of money just to stay with the scope cards for making music over the last years. My horizon expanded, but I think I could have done anything with soniccore devices :-).

Martin

dawman
Posts: 13674
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Location: PROJECT WINDOW

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by dawman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:08 pm

MCCY wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:42 pm
Wow, just searched for "warp69" in this forum again, as I remembered his name from here. Just did some reverb comparisons including the relab stuff.

It has been a very intense time back in 2006/2007 when I was building lots of things with the scope cards. Would have saved a lot of money just to stay with the scope cards for making music over the last years. My horizon expanded, but I think I could have done anything with soniccore devices :-).

Martin

Ladies & Gentlemen.....MCCY.

Still using Flu-Liq
Sad though I lost the big one with waveform edits you sent me.
I tried to find it and after 6 SSDs I gave up and use the basic model.

Good to see you Martin.

And yes Warp69 has taken VST world by storm.
I still use that Plate though. It sounds great on dirty Guitar and Hammond B3 stuff.

:D

dawman
Posts: 13674
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Location: PROJECT WINDOW

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by dawman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:11 pm

garyb wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:02 pm
played live for years with the Rat Fink. made money. people would come up to ask what i was playing through and i'd point at it. they always would ask "is that tubes?". :lol:

little practice amps sound great on mics, better than "real" amps, better than my Boogie Mk3 ever did. well, without monitors and the PA, the RF couldn't even be heard over the band. the Boogie was better if there wasn't any support, or if the soundman couldn't wrap his head around making the RF as loud as the vocals in the monitors.

it doesn't take much...the Rat Fink DESTROYS any and all amp models, PC or otherwise, at least when basic tone is concerned. there isn't much music where any of this even matters. hahaha! who has made any music that really meant anything to anyone lately? Wayne?
My favorite guitar sound is a mic’d Silvertone 36 inch Piggyback.
No distortion booster needed.
SG Standard volume knobs get you every sound.

MCCY
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by MCCY » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:22 pm

I have all those goodies on my harddrive. The desktop-computer running scope is collecting some dust, but I switch it on from time to time :-)
dawman wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:08 pm
MCCY wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:42 pm
Wow, just searched for "warp69" in this forum again, as I remembered his name from here. Just did some reverb comparisons including the relab stuff.

It has been a very intense time back in 2006/2007 when I was building lots of things with the scope cards. Would have saved a lot of money just to stay with the scope cards for making music over the last years. My horizon expanded, but I think I could have done anything with soniccore devices :-).

Martin

Ladies & Gentlemen.....MCCY.

Still using Flu-Liq
Sad though I lost the big one with waveform edits you sent me.
I tried to find it and after 6 SSDs I gave up and use the basic model.

Good to see you Martin.

And yes Warp69 has taken VST world by storm.
I still use that Plate though. It sounds great on dirty Guitar and Hammond B3 stuff.

:D

dawman
Posts: 13674
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Location: PROJECT WINDOW

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by dawman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:53 pm

Well next time you boot it up I’d be happy to pay for your time.

The version I have isn’t quite as flexible and I promise not to lose it again.

Cheerz Martin.

dawman
Posts: 13674
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Location: PROJECT WINDOW

Re: 20th Anniversary on PlanetZ

Post by dawman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:55 pm

MCCY wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:22 pm
I have all those goodies on my harddrive. The desktop-computer running scope is collecting some dust, but I switch it on from time to time :-)
dawman wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:08 pm
MCCY wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:42 pm
Wow, just searched for "warp69" in this forum again, as I remembered his name from here. Just did some reverb comparisons including the relab stuff.

It has been a very intense time back in 2006/2007 when I was building lots of things with the scope cards. Would have saved a lot of money just to stay with the scope cards for making music over the last years. My horizon expanded, but I think I could have done anything with soniccore devices :-).

Martin

Ladies & Gentlemen.....MCCY.

Still using Flu-Liq
Sad though I lost the big one with waveform edits you sent me.
I tried to find it and after 6 SSDs I gave up and use the basic model.

Good to see you Martin.

And yes Warp69 has taken VST world by storm.
I still use that Plate though. It sounds great on dirty Guitar and Hammond B3 stuff.

:D

Well next time you boot it up I’d be happy to pay for your time.

The version I have isn’t quite as flexible and I promise not to lose it again.

Cheerz Martin.

Post Reply