No sound from reverbs on Scope PCI 5.1 [Solved]

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

djmicron

No sound from reverbs on Scope PCI 5.1 [Solved]

Post by djmicron »

Hi, I only used this system with Scope synthesizers and never used reverbs, but today for the first time I noticed that there is no sound from reverbs.
The dry sound is passed through, but the wet one is silent.
It's the same with all reverbs from Masterverb to RMX160.
The system is based on WIndows XP with dual boot, one boot is for Scope 5.1 and the other boot is for Scope 4.5.
On Scope 4.5 the reverbs are ok.
Hardware is 2x Scope 1st gen cards and 1x Pulsar2 card.
Anybody else had similar issues?
I'm investigating.
Thanks
Sal
Last edited by djmicron on Thu May 13, 2021 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bud Weiser

Re: No sound from reverbs on Scope PCI 5.1

Post by Bud Weiser »

djmicron wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 am Hi, I only used this system with Scope synthesizers and never used reverbs, but today for the first time I noticed that there is no sound from reverbs.
The dry sound is passed through, but the wet one is silent.
It's the same with all reverbs from Masterverb to RMX160.
The system is based on WIndows XP with dual boot, one boot is for Scope 5.1 and the other boot is for Scope 4.5.
On Scope 4.5 the reverbs are ok.
Hardware is 2x Scope 1st gen cards and 1x Pulsar2 card.
Anybody else had similar issues?
I'm investigating.
Thanks
Sal
Is it imaginable the problem is the dual boot/ 2 different SCOPE systems on the same machine?
When I used SCOPE/XITE 5.1 32Bit on my WinXP SP3 DAW rackmount, the reverbs worked flawlessly.

Meanwhile, I don´t use that machine and SCOPE 5.1 anymore, so no chance double checking/ comparing these days unfortunately.
And I never used v5.1 PCI even I bought app & keys.

:)

Bud
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Don't the reverbs use the system RAM to a certain extent? Perhaps a .dll is getting confused?
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

Is it imaginable the problem is the dual boot/ 2 different SCOPE systems on the same machine?
When I used SCOPE/XITE 5.1 32Bit on my WinXP SP3 DAW rackmount, the reverbs worked flawlessly.
The dual boot points to two different drives, so there is nothing shared between them.
Don't the reverbs use the system RAM to a certain extent? Perhaps a .dll is getting confused?
I think it's something in that direction and I've been able to solve it by uninstalling Scope drivers from the device manager, then after refreshing, I forced it to install from Scope drivers directory.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sal