Scope 5.1 + Win 10 + Sf or Vegas

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

engelkott

Scope 5.1 + Win 10 + Sf or Vegas

Post by engelkott »

Hi!

As I posted in a different thread, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and the Scope software works perfectly. I have my m/b ASIO soundcard selected as the default audio device for convenience but when I load Magix Sound Forge 14 or Vegas 18 I get a box appear that says:

"The SCOPE application is not running or ASIO Source and ASIO Dest modules are not included in your current project."

This appears if Scope is loaded (with ASIO Source and Dest modules connected) or not. I have tried to use Windows MME drivers with the same result.

The SCOPE ASIO driver does not appear in audio devices however it is listed in ASIO4All if that driver is selected. interestingly the message also appears if I disable the Pulsar II device in Device Manager.

Does anyone have a similar problem or any solutions? It isn't a massive problem to click a box away but it is a pain in the rear end. :-(
garyb

Re: Scope 5.1 + Win 10 + Sf or Vegas

Post by garyb »

run SF or Vegas in win7 or win8 compatibility mode.
valis

Post by valis »

Upgrading to Scope 7 is also applicable, correct?
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, that would eliminate any driver signing issues, but that's not the reason for compatibility mode.
valis

Post by valis »

Roger, good to know. I actually own SF 12 through 15, along with other ex-Sonic Foundry stuff now run by Magix.
engelkott

Post by engelkott »

garyb wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:03 pm run SF or Vegas in win7 or win8 compatibility mode.
Thanks, you're a star. :-)