Trouble after installing Scope 5.1 for PCI cards on Windows 10

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

hellecaster

Trouble after installing Scope 5.1 for PCI cards on Windows 10

Post by hellecaster »

Hi everybody

After installing windows 10 and doing all the command stuff to allow install the scope 5.1 for PCI cards and jump the signature check that windows does, all looks ok. windows sound works fine but when trying to configure a DAW like Presonus Studio One 4 this sees my SCOPE PCI but after selecting this says that SCOPE PCI can't be initialized, sample rate matches but can't make studio one see my Pulsar also using Windows Audio driver. Wave sound works on windows. Physical inputs and outputs work fine and show meters in the Scope mixer. Any help will be appreciated.

In case I upgrade to Scope v7, anybody knows if the drivers for the PCI cards like Pulsar or Luna are valid windows 10 drivers verified or I need to do the command stuff like bcdedit -set testsigning off. etc

Thanks.
dante

Re: Trouble after installing Scope 5.1 for PCI cards on Windows 10

Post by dante »

Does your Scope project have WAVE drivers or ASIO drivers ?
Is your Windows 10 install 32 bit or 64 bit ?
hellecaster

Post by hellecaster »

Sorry dante for the big delay but my post was posted far down in the forum I couldn't see it.

I'm trying to use ASIO, I tryed with the software ASIO and ASIO2 on the routing window but no luck, Studio One 4 says SCOPE PCI can't be initialized. On Studio One 3 for Windows 7 x64 all was working fine.

Windows 10 is x64.

Thanks.
valis

Post by valis »

Windows 10 changed driver models, and so in many DAWs you have to use a compatibility mode for the ASIO driver to work properly. I don't recall what the specifics are for studio 1, but with Ableton (iirc) you can set it to Win 8.1 and things work. I *think* the same applies to older versions of Cubase. So you might try that.

I'll defer to others beyond that, but Scope 7 is also compatible with Win10 64bit just fyi.
hellecaster

Post by hellecaster »

Thanks valis I will try around that.
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

Studio One 4 certainly works (with SCOPE 7 XITE) with win 10 on my system.
I seem to remember you need to restart windows audio service after a new install.
Check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=36&t=33746&p=315024#p315024
I hope this helps
regards
maus
hellecaster

Post by hellecaster »

Thanks guys,

Restarting the audio service worked for windows audio and wave sources but
unfortunately the SCOPE PCI can't be initialized by any DAW, I've tried Studio One
and Protool and both can't read the software IO's ASIO channels.

Anyone with similar problems? with windows 7 All works fine but need to update to windows 10.

Thanks indeed.
garyb

Post by garyb »

dual boot?

using a saved project that was made in win7?

it's possible that the project is loading from the wrong partition if so.

you NEED to move to win10?
hellecaster

Post by hellecaster »

Thanks gary,

No dual boot, just windows 10.

The project is a new one created with this environment with little artifacts to test the thing.

The reason to move to windows 10 is because of the new applications and plugins that are only designed for windows 10.

After lots of tryings It worked what valis said, compatibility mode but set it on the DAW not on the SCOPE application. I dont like the idea of downgrading Studio One to windows 8 but its true that works that way, afterall its not a stable scope installation on windows 10, sometimes there is a fatal error on spscope. Probably its time to start thinking that my pulsar + 2 luna will not work for ever.

Thanks for your ideas to everybody.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

You might try:

Voicemeeter

Takes the Scope ASIO and makes it more "friendly" and also allows multi standalone ASIO clients to access Scope ASIO.

Run Scope first then Voicemeeter. Then use Voicemeeter ASIO in your client.

See instructions. Pretty flexible. Plus, it can record and save WAV file output from your project so no VDAT problems.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

There's always ASSIOforALL.... :wink:
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
hellecaster

Post by hellecaster »

Thanks ronnie, will have a try.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

NP.

I hope it works out. With Voicemeeter, Banana is the best one to use. Potato is really for Podcasters and pretty complex. Banana is pretty straight forward. If you can, and it works out, drop him a small donation. He does this from the heart.

Just to have multiple standalone ASIO devices running on Scope is awesome.