Original Creamw@re A16U PSU

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

trinity_project

Original Creamw@re A16U PSU

Post by trinity_project »

Hey all , been a long time since I've been on this forum ! I have searched and searched the forums and found allot of useful information concerning replacing the orginal PSU for my A16 U but am still a little confused on what I definitively need to get.

I know it was my PSU that went a few years back , since then the unit has been sitting collecting dust but want to get it back into my rig. I have seen advice on using a laptop psu but am not sure what exactly to get.

So my main questions are :

What is a straight replacement/comparable power supply for my A16 U? Where is the best place to find it?

If I have to use something like a laptop PSU is there one that works best AND is the proper plug end on it?

If I need to solder on a new end what size is it?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks!
nebelfuerst

Re: Original Creamw@re A16U PSU

Post by nebelfuerst »

You could use any PSU, that delivers the same voltage and the same or more current.

Typically PSU for audio equipment need to care about the ripple on the output voltage. I don't know how good the filtering inside an A16U is.
If there is to much ripple, you could hear a "bzzzzz" . I doubt, a laptop PSU will have low ripple.

For the plug you need to measure the inner and outer diameter and solder the correct polarity.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
Strictly East

Re: Original Creamw@re A16U PSU

Post by Strictly East »

this topic has been brought up on this thread, maybe it'll help you.

https://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36439