[workaround found] - Win 10 x64 BSOD System Service Exception ScopeXite.sys

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

pollux

[workaround found] - Win 10 x64 BSOD System Service Exception ScopeXite.sys

Post by pollux »

Hello all,

I started to get BSOD in win 10 64 with an error message saying "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" an indicating that the issue is ScopeXite.sys.
This happens when I load standalone apps that use ASIO (not with the DAW, but for example Addictive Drums standalone, Amplitube standalone or ARC 3 analyzer).

I tried uninstalling Scope and running CCleaner, and the applications load perfectly.

When I reinstall Scope, I get the BSOD again...

This happens with the scope app loaded, as well as without the app loaded.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated...

Thank you!

Raul
Last edited by pollux on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petal

Re: Win 10 x64 BSOD System Service Exception ScopeXite.sys

Post by petal »

I believe that this is a known problem with standalone apps that use Scope ASIO, unfortunately with no known solution or workaround.
valis

Post by valis »

The app is attempting to control Scope as if it is a windows soundcard, enforcing settings from its own dialog. This is not in the ASIO spec, but it something consumer soundcards have added over the years (likely to cut down on support calls).

Either use a VST host (I love Bidule personally) or an ASIO tool like ReaRoute that can sit 'between' the ASIO driver and your app.

With certain apps, I have also been able to load them with Asio4all or a similar driver attached to the consumer soundcard and set everything to match my Scope settings, then switch the app to the Scope driver without a crash. Not all apps do this though, as some will try to enforce settings even when they're not changing.
pollux

Post by pollux »

ReaRoute did the trick :)
Thank you!!