1-2 audio clicks per minute despite full optimized Windows 10

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: 1-2 audio clicks per minute despite full optimized Windows 10

Post by garyb »

no, Luna cards work GREAT in win10. i use one all the time.

no, it's one or the other.
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

garyb wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:14 pm no, Luna cards work GREAT in win10. i use one all the time.

no, it's one or the other.
I'm using Luna card without a problem in Windows 10, but only with Scope v5.1.

The problem is that Cubase Pro versions since 10 and above, doesn't recognize Scope Luna card any longer. So, the Cubase Pro 10.x needs to be fired up in a compatibility mode. Otherwise, the 'The SCOPE application is not running...' error appears:

Maybe there's a solution for that?
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

OMG, maybe I misunderstood you :o

Do you say that you are using Luna with Scope v7 in Windows 10 Pro? DAW?

Please let me know.
garyb

Post by garyb »

Luna, 6dsp, 15dsp, it's all the same.

do you allow your computer to sleep?
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

garyb wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:40 pm do you allow your computer to sleep?
No, all that has been switched off. I've updated Nvidia driver to the latest as suggested by the Valis.

Now, Latencymon repport dxgkrnl.sys and ndis.sys as the 'problematic' parts.

Following is the raw text output:

---

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 606.10
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 3.536553

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 604.0
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1.482259

---

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 152.741514
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.073920
Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.144482

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 8560967
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

---

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 2262.150131
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.128724
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: scScope.sys - Scope PCI WDM Adapter Driver, Sonic Core

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.262286

---

Not sure if the above figures should be considered alarming ones?

garyb

Post by garyb »

video cards are cheap. sometimes when they fail, windows sends video data to the cpu, and then out the video card's output. i've seen that make clicks, and the thing is, the card can appear to be functional. try another video card. an inexpensive one...i don't know if this is relevant
valis

Post by valis »

From the amount of information given, it's not easy to know if it's relevant or not.

I stressed earlier that troubleshooting is working through a proper sequence of steps...walking the chain as it were...to find where the error occurs. We start from symptoms and have to track that down to the source of errata (issues), and symptoms sometimes lie or are misleading.

Have we tried basics like running Windows Memory Tester, using a utility like CPUID's HWMonitor to check voltages coming from the PSU and temps, Opened the Event Viewer to look at system logs for potential clues..and so on?

The point of 'walking the chain' in audio, is to check the signal chain for where the noise or issue is entering the system. In the case of troubleshooting PC audio, walking the chain is just a figure of speech from our audio tasks that I'm using as shorthand for using a process of elimination to go through the most common steps (down to the obscure and niche cases) to ensure all of your gear in that box is in proper working order, before blaming a specific component. I know GaryB knows all of this, but clarifying for our other users here that just testing things in a haphazard way and claiming success when something changes leaves us without any awareness of what actually effected the change (or sometimes if there was indeed any actual change).
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

garyb wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:42 pm video cards are cheap. sometimes when they fail, windows sends video data to the cpu, and then out the video card's output. i've seen that make clicks, and the thing is, the card can appear to be functional. try another video card. an inexpensive one...i don't know if this is relevant
Sure, that's next on the studio todo list. I'll swap the GPU card brand as well, just in case.
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

valis wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:02 am From the amount of information given, it's not easy to know if it's relevant or not.

I stressed earlier that troubleshooting is working through a proper sequence of steps...walking the chain as it were...to find where the error occurs. We start from symptoms and have to track that down to the source of errata (issues), and symptoms sometimes lie or are misleading.

Have we tried basics like running Windows Memory Tester, using a utility like CPUID's HWMonitor to check voltages coming from the PSU and temps, Opened the Event Viewer to look at system logs for potential clues..and so on?

The point of 'walking the chain' in audio, is to check the signal chain for where the noise or issue is entering the system. In the case of troubleshooting PC audio, walking the chain is just a figure of speech from our audio tasks that I'm using as shorthand for using a process of elimination to go through the most common steps (down to the obscure and niche cases) to ensure all of your gear in that box is in proper working order, before blaming a specific component. I know GaryB knows all of this, but clarifying for our other users here that just testing things in a haphazard way and claiming success when something changes leaves us without any awareness of what actually effected the change (or sometimes if there was indeed any actual change).
My premises were wrong: I was unsure if the Luna 3DSP card + Scope v7 is compatible under Windows 10 environment.

So, I thought the issues I had were because Scope v7 shouldn't be compatible with the above setup. But I was wrong. That combination is very alive and working.

But what I have noticed is that opening some panes in a DAW can have an impact on the sound clicks and pops. Both negative and positive.
That tells me that some GPU related problem exists.

One thing that puzzles me is the following: IF the GPU is to blame, and windows send video data to the CPU, and then out the video card's output - how come that when using an external (USB) sound card, it doesn't react in the same way as Luna 3DSP + Scope v7 does?

Shouldn't the result be the same? As I see the same ASIO meter activities with both cards.
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

garyb wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:42 pm video cards are cheap. sometimes when they fail, windows sends video data to the cpu, and then out the video card's output. i've seen that make clicks, and the thing is, the card can appear to be functional. try another video card. an inexpensive one...i don't know if this is relevant
And the biggest puzzle of them all:

Why are audio clicks and pops gone when I roll back to Scope v5.1 on Windows 10? (with Cubase Pro 10 in Windows 8 compatibility mode).

I only experience problems when using Scope v7.

Now THAT is confusing.

Maybe I should have been more clear on that point earlier though.
valis

Post by valis »

Your USB ports are not sharing the same resources as your Scope cards, and more importantly Scope is NOT just a sound card! The scope's DSP chips require considerably more from a system than a simple sound card, and are a hell of a lot more functional.

When Cubase is in compatibility mode it’s also not using the same resources (system API’s in this case) as it is when in its default state. More work is done by the CPU than GPU for updating the application interface (graphics) for one thing, though disabling Aero in Win7 and setting compatibility mode in WIn10 (both of which do more or less the same thing) is indeed a popular fix for those who don't resolve the actual conflict.

And as for why the GPU is an issue, please post your IRQ list at present, as well as the power settings in the Nvidia control panel (I mentioned this one before). Also please tell us how many (video) monitors you use with your graphics card, this affects power states (for the card) among other things.
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

valis wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:36 am And as for why the GPU is an issue, please post your IRQ list at present, as well as the power settings in the Nvidia control panel (I mentioned this one before). Also please tell us how many (video) monitors you use with your graphics card, this affects power states (for the card) among other things.

::: IRQ List

IRQ 0 High precision event timer OK
IRQ 6 Standard floppy disk controller OK
IRQ 8 High precision event timer OK
IRQ 11 SM Bus Controller OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 16 Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A37 OK
IRQ 16 NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 OK
IRQ 17 GIGABYTE GBB36X Controller OK
IRQ 17 High Definition Audio Controller OK
IRQ 17 Sonic Core DSP-Board OK
IRQ 18 Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller OK
IRQ 18 Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A39 OK
IRQ 18 Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3C OK
IRQ 18 Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A36 OK
IRQ 19 Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A35 OK
IRQ 21 Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A38 OK
IRQ 23 Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3A OK
IRQ 23 Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A34 OK
IRQ 55 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 56 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 57 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 4294967293 Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller OK
IRQ 4294967294 Standard SATA AHCI Controller OK

::: Nvidia GeForce GT 710 Power Settings

Manage 3D Settings >> Power Management Mode: Optimal Power

::: Video Monitors: 1
valis

Post by valis »

The IRQ liust clearly shows everything above the SM Bus is virtualized, so not much can be drawn from that. But it was evident on page 1 that your EX58-UD4 motherboard is getting up there in age, so I was curious to see how the IRQ allocation was mapped out. The AHCI controller and Realtek networking port are on rather odd IRQ's for instance, I haven't seen a list hit the upper end before. Now, what CAN we do?

First, change the Nvidia card's power settings to "Prefer Maximum Performance". It's well know that with a single monitor cards before a certain era that the card would drop into low power state constantly even with an application (or game) running that should force it to clock up. Much like with CPU states changing, this causes DPC spikes among other things (it kills FPS in gaming for obvious reasons, but also impacts screen redraw performance in regular apps and can cause other system components--like Scope--to wait around while it's changing states, which it may do frequently).

I would have waited to see if that has any effect before moving on to anything else, however it seems you already moved to Scope 5.1 and did other things.

Second, GaryB *may* be correct about the GPU, it's from 2013/4 and is passively cooled. Since it is passive and has low power usage, I'ts great for Scope systems of course. But given the age and the fact that it IS passively cooled, it's possible that components on it can no longer keep up with Win10's demands. Testing components like this is easy because we can simply swap for another card, though I understand that you may not have one on hand. Not everyone has a parts bin lying around. However many retailers will allow you to return a purchased component in the event that it proves to be not compatible with your setup (or doesn't fix the issue, in this case). Again, I would have tested this by itself before changing Scope versions and doing a myriad of other tweaks.

Third, your motherboard dates back to 10 years ago. There are a few components on it that don't seem to have any current drivers, rather have out of date drivers that are shown to be 'compatible' with Win10 but not necessarily updated since Win8 first debuted (Win8 drivers are technically 'compatible' with Windows 10 as well). It may simply be the case that you will need to disable LAN, extra USB ports and so on until you find the offending issue, if the above stuff proves to not help. However if this is your daily driver and you're really wanting to stay current in terms of OS and other modern usages, it may simply be getting up there in age as the base for your system.

That does NOT mean it doesn't work! My XP era dual xeon runs scope great, and does what it does. I'd never dream of putting Win10 on it, or even Win7 32bit. It's so old it's pointless. However by matching the overall software & OS to the hardware it runs, it does its job just fine.

I think I answered above but to be clear again, when you set compatibility settings to applications in windows, what you're actually doing is telling windows to disable modern API's and fallback into the lowest common denominator in terms of software states. Pushing work back onto the CPU rather than the GPU, using older addressing methods to talk to hardware, and so on. If this makes you happy, by all means it's your machine. But it again shows that you may be asking much of a machine that's simply an older pedigree, and you can be sure that performance is degraded somewhat relative to what you experienced under Win7 (where the GPU I presume kept up with its duties just fine).
garyb

Post by garyb »

the thing is a regular soundcard(usb or otherwise) is far less susceptible to clicks from problems with the computer, because it's not a realtime device. if the system is late, the soundcard just waits. the Scope system is realtime, so if the cpu is late, there will definitely be missing data, which are clicks and pops.

i am running xw4400 HPs which are a core2 duo and a core2 quad. both run win10 and Scope without issues. i am sure that there are software combinations that could bring my system to its knees...
valis

Post by valis »

Agree on soundcard, though my phone seems to have murdered my previous post by turning Cubase into "Cuba" as well as a few other 'autocorrects' :roll: (fixed that). I actually agree about the GPU concerns you've stated as well, as that's a fairly inexpensive low end card that's easily swapped out for another newer Nvidia card to see if the issue is resolved.

Beyond that, the age of the system is a potential concern because gigabyte hasn't supported that board under Win10 which means he'll have to find updated drivers himself or rely on what Win10 gives by default. Most are available right from the vendor of course, like Intel's INF Utility for chipset drivers, Realtek's Networking card stack, and so on.

The one real concern imho is the GIGABYTE GBB36X Controller, as it has no current drivers. And there's a 3rd party USB chipset and SATA chipset on that board which would need to be looked at to see if they're causing issues as well.

Still, I'll again reiterate that changing drivers (or anything in general) will nilly doesn't give any info as to what the cause of conflicts is, so I'm not suggesting to just update *everything*. Troubleshoot step by step, comparing the DPC latency issues with what may be seen in event viewer and so on, and of course the other troubleshooting steps that have been suggested is a better path forward imho. One...at...a...time.
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

valis wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:02 am Have we tried basics like running Windows Memory Tester,
::: Extended Windows Memory Test Result: No problems detected.
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

CreamWare4Ever wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:07 am
valis wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:02 am ...using a utility like CPUID's HWMonitor to check voltages coming from the PSU and temps...
It's open all the time :)

Here's the latest results.

---
CPUID HWMonitor Report
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binaries

HWMonitor version 1.4.1.0

Monitoring

Mainboard Model EX58-UD4 (0x00000204 - 0x00BF4A30)

LPCIO

LPCIO Vendor ITE
LPCIO Model IT8720
LPCIO Vendor ID 0x90
LPCIO Chip ID 0x8720
LPCIO Revision ID 0x5
Config Mode I/O address 0x2E
Config Mode LDN 0x4
Config Mode registers
00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 87 20 05 00 00 40 FF 1E 00 80 00 00 81 00 00 00
30 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 02 90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 02 00 00 04 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Register space LPC, base address = 0x0290

Hardware Monitors

Hardware monitor ITE IT87
Voltage 0 1.15 Volts [0x48] (CPU VCORE)
Voltage 1 1.52 Volts [0x5F] (VIN1)
Voltage 2 3.31 Volts [0xCF] (+3.3V)
Voltage 3 4.92 Volts [0xB7] (+5V)
Voltage 4 3.58 Volts [0x38] (+12V)
Voltage 5 -12.35 Volts [0xC1] (-12V)
Voltage 6 -1.22 Volts [0x13] (-5V)
Voltage 7 3.60 Volts [0x86] (+5V VCCH)
Temperature 0 32 degC (89 degF) [0x20] (TMPIN0)
Temperature 1 42 degC (107 degF) [0x2A] (TMPIN1)
Temperature 2 43 degC (109 degF) [0x2B] (TMPIN2)
Fan 2 912 RPM [0x2E4] (FANIN2)
Fan 3 889 RPM [0x2F7] (FANIN3)
Fan PWM 0 0 pc [0x0] (FANPWM0)
Fan PWM 1 0 pc [0x0] (FANPWM1)
Fan PWM 2 0 pc [0x0] (FANPWM2)

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F
00 13 13 00 00 FF FF 00 37 FF 87 58 0F 17 FF FF E8
10 FE FE FE 72 D7 81 80 81 FF FF 02 FF FF FF FF FF
20 48 5F CF B7 36 C1 12 86 BE 20 2A 2B 80 A8 18 18
30 FF 00 FF 00 FF 00 FF 00 FF 00 FF 00 FF 00 FF 00
40 7F 7F 46 7F 7F 7F 5F 74 2D 40 95 00 FF FF FF FF
50 FF 2A 7F 46 7F 50 09 09 90 09 08 12 65 00 00 00
60 00 14 41 23 90 03 00 FF 00 14 41 23 90 03 00 FF
70 00 14 41 23 90 03 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
80 F8 02 00 00 FE FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00
90 FF 00 00 00 FF 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
A0 F7 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
B0 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
C0 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
D0 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
E0 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
F0 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

Hardware monitor Gigabyte DES
Voltage 0 1.15 Volts [0x48] (CPU)
Current 0 18.66 Amps [0x13] (CPU)
Power 0 21.50 W (CPU)

Hardware monitor D3D

Hardware monitor NVIDIA NVAPI
Voltage 0 0.89 Volts [0x377] (GPU)
Temperature 0 41 degC (105 degF) [0x29] (GPU)
Fan PWM 0 40 pc [0x28] (FANPWMIN0)
Clock Speed 0 953.71 MHz [0x3B9] (Graphics)
Clock Speed 1 800.00 MHz [0x320] (Memory)
Clock Speed 2 n.a. (Processor)

Processors

Number of sockets 1
Number of threads 4

APICs

Socket 0
-- Core 0 (ID 0)
-- Thread 0 0
-- Core 1 (ID 1)
-- Thread 1 2
-- Core 2 (ID 2)
-- Thread 2 4
-- Core 3 (ID 3)
-- Thread 3 6

Timers

ACPI timer 3.580 MHz
Perf timer 10.000 MHz
Sys timer 1.000 KHz

Processors Information

Socket 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 4 (max 4)
Number of threads 4 (max 8)
Manufacturer GenuineIntel
Name Intel Core i7 950
Codename Bloomfield
Specification Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
Package (platform ID) Socket 1366 LGA (0x1)
CPUID 6.A.5
Extended CPUID 6.1A
Core Stepping D0
Technology 45 nm
TDP Limit 130.0 Watts
Core Speed 3064.3 MHz
Multiplier x Bus Speed 23.0 x 133.2 MHz
Base frequency (cores) 133.2 MHz
Base frequency (ext.) 133.2 MHz
Rated Bus speed 2398.2 MHz
Stock frequency 3066 MHz
Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, EM64T, VT-x
Microcode Revision 0x1D
L1 Data cache 4 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L1 Instruction cache 4 x 32 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L2 cache 4 x 256 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L3 cache 8 MBytes, 16-way set associative, 64-byte line size
Max CPUID level 0000000Bh
Max CPUID ext. level 80000008h
Cache descriptor Level 1, D, 32 KB, 2 thread(s)
Cache descriptor Level 1, I, 32 KB, 2 thread(s)
Cache descriptor Level 2, U, 256 KB, 2 thread(s)
Cache descriptor Level 3, U, 8 MB, 16 thread(s)
FID/VID Control yes

Turbo Mode supported, disabled
Max turbo frequency 3333 MHz
Max non-turbo ratio 23x
Max turbo ratio 25x
Max efficiency ratio 12x
TDC Limit 110 Amps
Max bus number 63
Attached device PCI device at bus 63, device 2, function 0
Attached device PCI device at bus 63, device 3, function 4

Temperature 0 46 degC (114 degF) (Core #0)
Temperature 1 48 degC (118 degF) (Core #1)
Temperature 2 47 degC (116 degF) (Core #2)
Temperature 3 44 degC (111 degF) (Core #3)
Power 00 130.00 W (Package)
Clock Speed 0 3064.31 MHz (Core #0)
Clock Speed 1 3064.31 MHz (Core #1)
Clock Speed 2 3064.31 MHz (Core #2)
Clock Speed 3 3064.31 MHz (Core #3)
Core 0 max ratio 25.0 (effective 23.0)
Core 1 max ratio 25.0 (effective 23.0)
Core 2 max ratio 25.0 (effective 23.0)
Core 3 max ratio 25.0 (effective 23.0)

Thread dumps

CPU Thread 0
APIC ID 0
Topology Processor ID 0, Core ID 0, Thread ID 0

CPUID
0x00000000 0x0000000B 0x756E6547 0x6C65746E 0x49656E69
0x00000001 0x000106A5 0x00100800 0x0098E3BD 0xBFEBFBFF
0x00000002 0x55035A01 0x00F0B0E4 0x00000000 0x09CA212C
0x00000003 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
0x00000004 0x1C004121 0x01C0003F 0x0000003F 0x00000000
0x00000004 0x1C004122 0x00C0003F 0x0000007F 0x00000000
0x00000004 0x1C004143 0x01C0003F 0x000001FF 0x00000000
0x00000004 0x1C03C163 0x03C0003F 0x00001FFF 0x00000002
0x00000005 0x00000040 0x00000040 0x00000003 0x00001120
0x00000006 0x00000001 0x00000002 0x00000001 0x00000000
0x00000007 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x9C000000
0x00000008 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
0x00000009 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
0x0000000A 0x07300403 0x00000044 0x00000000 0x00000603
0x0000000B 0x00000001 0x00000002 0x00000100 0x00000000
0x0000000B 0x00000004 0x00000008 0x00000201 0x00000000
0x80000000 0x80000008 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
0x80000001 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000001 0x28100800
0x80000002 0x65746E49 0x2952286C 0x726F4320 0x4D542865
0x80000003 0x37692029 0x55504320 0x20202020 0x20202020
0x80000004 0x30353920 0x20402020 0x37302E33 0x007A4847
0x80000005 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
0x80000006 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x01006040 0x00000000
0x80000007 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000100
0x80000008 0x00003024 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000

MSR 0x0000001B 0x00000000 0xFEE00900
MSR 0x0000003A 0x00000000 0x00000001
MSR 0x00000048 0x00000000 0x00000000
MSR 0x000001A0 0x00000040 0x00850081
MSR 0x000000CE 0x00000C00 0x00011701
MSR 0x00000017 0x00040000 0x00000000
MSR 0x00000035 0x00000000 0x00040004
MSR 0x000000C1 0x00000000 0x00000000
MSR 0x000000C2 0x00000000 0x00000000
MSR 0x000000C3 0x00000000 0x00000000
MSR 0x000000C4 0x00000000 0x00000000
MSR 0x00000186 0x00000000 0x00000000
MSR 0x00000187 0x00000000 0x00000000
MSR 0x000001AD 0x00000000 0x18181819
MSR 0x0000019A 0x00000000 0x00000000
MSR 0x000001A4 0x00000000 0x00000000
MSR 0x000001AC 0x00000000 0x03700410
MSR 0x000001FC 0x00000000 0x00000001
MSR 0x00000300 0x00000000 0xF400000D
MSR 0x0000019C 0x00000000 0x88350000
MSR 0x000001A2 0x00000000 0x00641400
MSR 0x00000198 0x00000000 0x00000017
MSR 0x00000199 0x00000000 0x00000017

CPU Thread 1
APIC ID 2
Topology Processor ID 0, Core ID 1, Thread ID 0

CPUID
0x00000001 0x000106A5 0x02100800 0x0098E3BD 0xBFEBFBFF
0x0000000B 0x00000001 0x00000002 0x00000100 0x00000002
0x0000000B 0x00000004 0x00000008 0x00000201 0x00000002

MSR 0x0000001B 0x00000000 0xFEE00800
MSR 0x0000019C 0x00000000 0x88330000

CPU Thread 2
APIC ID 4
Topology Processor ID 0, Core ID 2, Thread ID 0

CPUID
0x00000001 0x000106A5 0x04100800 0x0098E3BD 0xBFEBFBFF
0x0000000B 0x00000001 0x00000002 0x00000100 0x00000004
0x0000000B 0x00000004 0x00000008 0x00000201 0x00000004

MSR 0x0000019C 0x00000000 0x88330000

CPU Thread 3
APIC ID 6
Topology Processor ID 0, Core ID 3, Thread ID 0

CPUID
0x00000001 0x000106A5 0x06100800 0x0098E3BD 0xBFEBFBFF
0x0000000B 0x00000001 0x00000002 0x00000100 0x00000006
0x0000000B 0x00000004 0x00000008 0x00000201 0x00000006

MSR 0x0000019C 0x00000000 0x88370000

Storage

Drive 0
Name KINGSTON SA400S37960G
Revision SBFKK1B3
Serial 50026B76833F61F9
Capacity 894.3 GB
Type Fixed, SSD
Bus Type SATA (11)
Features SMART, TRIM
Volume c:\, 893.7 GBytes (75.3 percent available)

Drive 1
Name C300-CTFDDAC256MAG
Revision 0002
Serial 00000000104402FEBDB1
Capacity 238.5 GB
Type Fixed, SSD
Bus Type SATA (11)
Features SMART, TRIM
Volume d:\, 238.4 GBytes (45.1 percent available)

Drive 2
Name WDC WD10EALX-009BA0
Revision 15.01H15
Serial WD-WCATR4335673
Capacity 931.5 GB
Type Fixed
Bus Type SATA (11)
Features SMART
Volume e:\, 931.4 GBytes (54.4 percent available)

USB Devices

USB Device iLok, class=0xFF, subclass=0xFF, vendor=0x088E, product=0x5036
USB Device eLicenser, class=0xFF, subclass=0x00, vendor=0x0819, product=0x0101
USB Device MOTU USB MIDI (WDM) for 64 bit Windows, class=0xFF, subclass=0x03, vendor=0x07FD, product=0x0001
USB Device USB Composite Device, class=0x00, subclass=0x00, vendor=0x062A, product=0x4101
USB Device USB Composite Device, class=0x00, subclass=0x00, vendor=0x046D, product=0xC52F
USB Device Generic USB Hub, class=0x09, subclass=0x00, vendor=0x05E3, product=0x0608
USB Device eLicenser, class=0xFF, subclass=0x00, vendor=0x0819, product=0x0101
USB Device Generic USB Hub, class=0x09, subclass=0x00, vendor=0x05E3, product=0x0608

Graphic APIs

API D3D
API NVIDIA I/O
API NVIDIA NVAPI

Display Adapters

Display adapter 0
ID 0x1070208
Name NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
Board Manufacturer 0x0000 (0x0000)
Revision B1
Codename GK208
Core family 0xB06 (GK208)
Technology 28 nm
Memory size 2 GB
Memory type DDR3
Memory vendor Hynix
PCI device bus 1 (0x1), device 0 (0x0), function 0 (0x0)
Vendor ID 0x10DE (0x0000)
Model ID 0x128B (0x0000)
Revision ID 0xA1
Performance Level 0
Core clock 953.7 MHz
Memory clock 800.0 MHz

Monitor 0
Model SyncMaster (Samsung)
ID SAM02B6
Serial HS2Q503696
Manufacturing Date Week 21, Year 2008
Size 24.0 inches
Max Resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 59 Hz
Horizontal Freq. Range 30-81 kHz
Vertical Freq. Range 56-75 Hz
Max Pixel Clock 170 MHz
Gamma Factor 2.6

ACPI

ACPI Tree
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

valis wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:02 am Opened the Event Viewer
Yes, I've been checking it extensively, not sure if anything caught my attention as 'unusual' data. The problem is that I do not know what to look for, as there are many options heh

I remember though that I had installed, on my old workstation, an app that is recording every windows event within a certain time frame. With that one it is possible to see exactly what happened in the same moment an audio click or crackle, stuttering appears. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of that app though. I'll try to dig it out, maybe that can help us to pin pinpoint the source of the problem.
valis

Post by valis »

In this case you'd be looking for the warning symbol indicating a hardware isn't initializing properly, or a hardware conflict or etc. These are not definitive tests, they're just basic troubleshooting steps. There's a ton of stuff in Event Viewer that's irrelevant, and many "errors" you'll find out are "normal" for every OS (in which case, why are the flagged as errors silly MS?). If Cubase crashed, you'd look in the Application logs as well as System logs, but in this case you're probably just going to want to scan System. Once you've given things a look over, right click on System & Application and clear them so you can monitor errors from here forward without past fluff.

I would also suggest perhaps updating the Intel INF drivers (linked above) and realtek just for shits & giggles. MS's Windows Update drivers are usually only the ones that were WHQL approved at the time of the OS build/version you're running and can be 1-3 years behind current releases. That gigabyte driver still bugs me.

Try swapping for a different GPU, at least temporarily as GaryB suggests, if possible.

Also, I would love to scan every issue for you, but I'm mostly here to try to illustrate the steps we all take, as it wasn't clear from your posts what you were trying and when, and how much you were doing at any given time so I wanted to make sure you're going step by step. GaryB's the real don at troubleshooting here, and his responses are much more brief and to the point.
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

Valis,

No problem, I appreciate your and GaryB's passion and kindness. I'll let you know if I dig up something.

Btw, I've tried to update Intel X58 chipset, but there are no drivers to find. Downloading the Intels chipset utility returned 'Incompatible' version. Same as for Realtek, no drivers. Pitty.

Nevertheless, I'll swap the GPU card and let you know my findings.