Is scope xite-1 compatible with soundgrid connect

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Hodooboy

Is scope xite-1 compatible with soundgrid connect

Post by Hodooboy »

Does anyone know whether scope xite-1 is compatible with soundgrid connect? Soundgrid connect is supposed to be a new feature of the soundgrid driver that will allow you to plug any ASIO/ Core Audio-compatible I/O to the SoundGrid network. I can't get my scope xite-1 to work at all with soundgrid connect, so either I am doing something wrong or the systems are just not compatible. Thanks
garyb

Re: Is scope xite-1 compatible with soundgrid connect

Post by garyb »

what operating system?
what errors do you get?
valis

Re: Is scope xite-1 compatible with soundgrid connect

Post by valis »

Doesn't the Waves SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver have a control panel that requires settings be made ON the control panel? This seems as if it may be similar to a few other applications discussed here, that try to configure Scope's ASIO settings.

Reading the SoundGrid User Guide here shows me:
26 - SoundGrid Driver

SOUNDGRID CONNECT CONTROL PANEL

When a non-SoundGrid device is connected directly to the main computer and is bridged to the SoundGrid network with SoundGrid Connect, its driver is controlled from SoundGrid Studio. But a device driver in a secondary computer must be configured from it its own control panel.

LATENCY

A non-SoundGrid I/O device operating in a SoundGrid network exhibits more latency than SoundGrid I/Os.
This is how latency is calculated for an A > D > A round trip through the server:
• Hardware device input delay (A/D)
• 4 x ASIO/Core Audio driver buffer delay
• Server network buffer size
• Hardware device output delay (D/A)

Taken together, non-SoundGrid I/O latency may exceed 7 ms, so these devices are best suited for paths that are not as delay sensitive as others.
Note the sections in bright yellow, as the second highlighted section also indicates the combined latency as 4x the ASIO buffer plus any i/o overhead (which is more negligible, but measurable.)

Also note that the main purpose of SoundGrid seems to be to offload native processing to SoundGrid servers, rather than vice versa (using Xite to offload processing from a Soundgrid connected application).