[SOLVED] In Windows 10 Nuendo won't load the ASIO SCOPE PCI ASIO Driver

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

CreamWare4Ever

[SOLVED] In Windows 10 Nuendo won't load the ASIO SCOPE PCI ASIO Driver

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

Hello,

After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64, Nuendo 10 refuses to load ASIO SCOPE PCI ASIO Driver - only the 'Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver'.

But that one gives me the 40ms latency which is not an option.

Maybe the issue is a Nuendo 10 related as a whole?

I couldn't find any info relating to Scope card problems with Nuendo anyway.

Specs:

Creamware Luna 3DSP Card
Scope v5.1.2709-x64
Windows 10 Pro x64 installation.
Nuendo 10

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by CreamWare4Ever on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
t_tangent

Re: In Windows 10 Nuendo won't load the ASIO SCOPE PCI ASIO Driver

Post by t_tangent »

I thought there was a patch for this somewhere but can only find some info relating to a patch for Wavelab. Sorry I can't help more, but search the scope forums for any relevant info and see if that helps.
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

t_tangent wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:59 am I thought there was a patch for this somewhere but can only find some info relating to a patch for Wavelab. Sorry I can't help more, but search the scope forums for any relevant info and see if that helps.
Ok, but is it a Nuendo or a Scope side problem?
garyb

Post by garyb »

well, it's Nuendo trying to make the Scope card do what it will never do, which is to be controlled and setup by Nuendo.

try running Nuendo in win8 compatibilty. it should work fine.
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

garyb wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:46 am well, it's Nuendo trying to make the Scope card do what it will never do, which is to be controlled and setup by Nuendo.
In other words, it would be pointless to ask Nuendo devs for a 'patch' update?
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

garyb wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:46 am try running Nuendo in win8 compatibilty. it should work fine.
Yes, it works in that way, but I would rather avoid such a setup.

Wondering though if such setup will result in performance degradation for Nuendo 10?

Thanks a lot.
garyb

Re: [SOLVED] In Windows 10 Nuendo won't load the ASIO SCOPE PCI ASIO Driver

Post by garyb »

it won't matter AT ALL.

if Steinberg wants to program for children(who can't setup their own soundcard), it will be this way. the Scope card is not a windows soundcard, although it can be used that way. Windows soundcards have an ASIO control panel in the ASIO host and are controlled by the host. Scope cards are controlled by the Scope application. as far as Windows and Nuendo are concerned, the Scope card is external hardware. Windows has absolutely no idea what is happening inside the card, with the dsps.

it is NOT a waste to ask Steinberg to simply stop requiring the soundcard's setup communication with Nuendo. they can simply time out the function and allow the ASIO driver to work without it, but that is not what the overlords want. :lol:
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

Heh, well then I'll give it a shot. Thank you for your support.

Cheers.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

garyb wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:43 am ... but that is not what the overlords want. :lol:
unless hans zimmer and tangerine dream ask for it :wink:
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

garyb wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:43 am it won't matter AT ALL.

if Steinberg wants to program for children(who can't setup their own soundcard), it will be this way. the Scope card is not a windows soundcard, although it can be used that way. Windows soundcards have an ASIO control panel in the ASIO host and are controlled by the host. Scope cards are controlled by the Scope application. as far as Windows and Nuendo are concerned, the Scope card is external hardware. Windows has absolutely no idea what is happening inside the card, with the dsps.

it is NOT a waste to ask Steinberg to simply stop requiring the soundcard's setup communication with Nuendo. they can simply time out the function and allow the ASIO driver to work without it, but that is not what the overlords want. :lol:
One thing: Could upgrading to Scope 7.x help in this matter?

Furthermore, I'm also getting a BSOD when trying to switch to ASIO SCOPE PCI ASIO driver for Arturia V 7 Collection standalone VSTi's.

Please let me know what do you think.
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, i do not think v7 will change that. however, v7 is a signed win10 driver and v5.1 is not.

you cannot change ASIO drivers with the ASIO host open. you must close any ASIO host before changing driver types in Scope.

i cannot think of any real reason to use the Arturia synths in stand-alone, but they also might be better off in compatibility mode.
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

Do Cubase Pro 10 also need to be used in a compatibility mode with a Windows 10 Pro x64 Scope 3DSP Luna card setup? Can someone confirm?
valis

Post by valis »

Yes.

Please keep in mind the era that these cards were sold, and the fact that it still works today is something to be thankful for! How many graphics cards and pro audio cards from 2001/2 are similarly supported for so long? Only RME comes to mind as being similar to what SonicCore has done with their products.

Also note an Xite would be one heck of an upgrade :D
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

valis wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:11 pm Yes.

Please keep in mind the era that these cards were sold, and the fact that it still works today is something to be thankful for! How many graphics cards and pro audio cards from 2001/2 are similarly supported for so long? Only RME comes to mind as being similar to what SonicCore has done with their products.

Also note an Xite would be one heck of an upgrade :D
Yes, that's true, it's almost unbelievable that I still can get a 1ms latency from a Scope (CreamWare) 3DSP card- 18 years after the manufacture date! That's the reason I have a hard time to part with it.

Scope XITE-1 is THE DSP based sound card and it may end on the purchase list soon. But I'll miss the forum then ;)
valis

Post by valis »

Plenty of Xite users here, it's the same Scope software after all.

Also, I run my Scope cards in a secondary machine, it simplified a lot of this stuff. Using ADAT/AES/SPDIF and MIDI to connect the two is the only real difference. It also means that machine runs as an ASIO host, which lets me run a few legacy plugins (in bidule) that I can't run without workarounds (32bit>64bit converters) on my DAW system. Plus I have all kinds of other weird fun toys on that machine, that I would never put on my main DAW (open source software, experimental/freeware apps etc).
CreamWare4Ever

Post by CreamWare4Ever »

valis wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:28 am Plenty of Xite users here, it's the same Scope software after all.

Also, I run my Scope cards in a secondary machine, it simplified a lot of this stuff. Using ADAT/AES/SPDIF and MIDI to connect the two is the only real difference.
Does such setup allow for, say, i.e. 3 ms at 44kHz and 1 ms at 96kHz latency? In that is the case, it is a possible setup as I have been thinking about a similar solution for a while.

Maybe I have some extreme requirements, although I think that XCITE has less than a 1ms roundtrip. Enough fast for me for that matter.
garyb

Post by garyb »

latency is mainly a function of the CPU. it has only a small element from Scope. Scope is the same latency as hardware, functionally ZERO. it's a real-time device. connected to another machine, the latency is zero. latency in the computer is based on the soundcard and processor. RME and other quality soundcards will be able to do 3ms@44.1k when connected to Scope cards via ADAT.
asiofixer

Post by asiofixer »

CreamWare4Ever wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 am Hello,

After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64, Nuendo 10 refuses to load ASIO SCOPE PCI ASIO Driver - only the 'Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver'.

But that one gives me the 40ms latency which is not an option.

Maybe the issue is a Nuendo 10 related as a whole?

I couldn't find any info relating to Scope card problems with Nuendo anyway.

Specs:

Creamware Luna 3DSP Card
Scope v5.1.2709-x64
Windows 10 Pro x64 installation.
Nuendo 10

Any help will be highly appreciated.

NEED DIRECT X 9 INSTALL ON WINDOWS 10 AND SEE FRAMEWORK 9 OR 10 FOR WIN 10
garyb

Post by garyb »

fixed already.
please don't dig up every old thread.