Setup pulsar II in Pro Tools

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Rockmusikeren

Setup pulsar II in Pro Tools

Post by Rockmusikeren »

Hi all.

It's been a while since i last used my audio card, but now it's been dusted of and is ready to be used.

My problem is that I lost all my knowledge of the scope or lack of it, Can anyone explain how to setup scope so it will work in Pro Tools? I've tried with ASIO destination connected to pulsar adat destination and visa verses, but it does not work, Pro Tools keeps saying that "the selected audio device could not be initialized" What am I doing wrong??

Hope someone could help me while I still have some hair left ;)

-Jan
t_tangent

Re: Setup pulsar II in Pro Tools

Post by t_tangent »

First make sure in scope routing window you have ASIO source and destination modules loaded, connect source to mixer inputs and if your monitors are connected via scope analog physical connections then connect mixer out to scope analog destination, or if via Adat then use Adat dest. Then open Pro Tools and select Scope ASIO outputs. That is a rough idea but it depends on how your outboard is setup as to what scope modules you need in the routing window. :)
Rockmusikeren

Post by Rockmusikeren »

Hi t_tangent

I've already tried that, but I still get the same error message :(

I have no outboard connected at the moment.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

What Windows OS are you on. Also did you install scope drivers. I don’t use Pro Tools so not sure otherwise
Rockmusikeren

Post by Rockmusikeren »

I'm on windows 10 and I have installed 5.1 scope.
Rockmusikeren

Post by Rockmusikeren »

I got it working, stupid me :P I forgot to connect the stdm caple and then couldn't set the sample rate, that's why I got the error, everything works fine now. Thank you for your help t_tangent!!
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

LOL, yes it’s great when it turns out to be a simple fix. Anyway, good to hear you sorted it and have fun again with Scope :)

Cheers. And don’t forget to backup. I have just screwed up the main partition on my non scope laptop which I use for general purposes. Was just trying a simple disable of an Nvidia tool to see if I could get a visualisation program working and now the screen keeps going blank randomly. I may have to reinstall the partition if I can find the backup from ages ago. So I am a bit annoyed with myself now for not doing a backup first. Oh well :)