Anyone getting installation error from just having Xite-1D turned off for awhile?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

jjgoss

Anyone getting installation error from just having Xite-1D turned off for awhile?

Post by jjgoss »

I had my Xite-1D turned off for about a month, and when I turned it back on, I couldn't get Scope to load.

It kept giving me the following in a pop-up window:

Installation Error

Cannot start software because board(s) or driver not properly installed.
Please check the installation.

and this is followed by another pop-up window with:

Cannot start SCOPE

Cannot gain access to the SCOPE hardware!

This is after trying keeping the Xite-1D off, then restarting Windows 10, then turning the
Xite back on, then clicking on SCOPE XITE in my windows app list. I also tried restarting
the Windows machine, then turning the Xite on, then invoking SCOPE, but same thing.

I checked the cable from the Xite to the PC, the HDMI type that connects to the Xite
interface board in the PC. It is connected tightly at both ends.

Should I open up my PC and check to see if the interface board is in the PCIe slot fully?

Otherwise, I really don’t know what to do at this point.

Any help or advice is very welcome, of course.

James Goss
garyb

Re: Anyone getting installation error from just having Xite-1D turned off for awhile?

Post by garyb »

the XITE is not hot-swappable. it must be on and connected before starting the computer.
the computer cannot sleep when you use the XITE. it must be shutdown when done.
jjgoss

Re: Anyone getting installation error from just having Xite-1D turned off for awhile?

Post by jjgoss »

Thank you, garyb.

I followed your advice and restarted the whole process. In other words, I shut down my PC and Xite-1D, then
powered on my Xite, waited about 30 seconds, then powered on the PC (Windows 10). Once I could log in,
I went to the Windows applications menu and selected Scope Xite.

Once Scope was invoked, I got the same two pop-up windows (in succession) as before.

I am trying to find my notes from last year, but so far haven't had any luck.

Is there something more I could try?

Thanks!

James Goss
garyb

Post by garyb »

the XITE power light is on?
did you try another hdmi cable?
jjgoss

Post by jjgoss »

Hi garyb,

Yes, the Xite-1D green power light is on. No, I have not tried another HDMI cable yet. I will do that today or tomorrow.
I will also check inside the PC to make sure the PCIe card for the Xite is plugged in securely and correctly.

Thanks again!

James
jjgoss

Post by jjgoss »

Hi all,

Ok, thanks for the help, but "Never mind...", as Roseanne Roseannadanna would say.

Just a loose cable that I thought I had checked as being OK, but it obviously wasn't.

This is a great forum, BTW. And, garyb, I don't know how you do all that you do.

James
valis

Post by valis »

It's his superpower :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

:D

the important thing is that it's working...
jjgoss

Post by jjgoss »

"... it's working"

Three cheers to that !!

The more I use the Scope / Xite system, the more I appreciate just how cool it truly is.

And again, thanks to garyb, valis, and all you helpful forum members.

James