Scope (XITE) won't launch, but...

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Mr Arkadin

Scope (XITE) won't launch, but...

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Yeah, so for no apparent reason (the only thing I change recently was my monitor) I can no longer launch Scope for XITE on Windows 7 64-bit. Now I tried the usual - thinking maybe when I plugged my new monitor I may have dislodged a cable. I used the installer to repair Scope, checked I was running Scope as admin, but when I go to launch I get the momentary blue spinning circle as if it's launching, then nothing - no GUI, nada.

Now to add to/aid in the mystery, I have an Admin log-in as well as this music one. It is more basic but has access to everything. I launched Scope from there... and it works! wtf?

So my PC is seeing the XITE hardware OK, Scope will launch on my Admin side, but my music log-in does nothing.

Any ideas other than get everything working on my Admin log-in?
cortone

Re: Scope (XITE) won't launch, but...

Post by cortone »

Hmm, try launching into your music login, and check Task Manager after you've tried to start scope. You may need to choose More Details... and then see if scope is listed under Processes.

Are all of your icons showing in the right hand side of the task bar, or are some of them hidden? No scope in the hidden area?

I wonder if you are somehow running multiple desktops, and scope is defaulting to an inactive one. Click on Task View and see if it there are multiple desktops at the top, or if scope shows up anywhere on the pane that pops up. See if you can select it from there.

Don't mean to suggest obvious things if you've been through all of these options, just trying to think what might be happening.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Yeah I've checked task manager and it is completely empty, not a single process is going on, not even a 'not responding' one.

Even if the XITE was broken or disconnected (which I've proved isn't the case on my Admin log-in) I would expect the Scope GUI to launch, then give me the 'no hardware detected' error, but I can't even get to that stage. I'm bemused at the moment.
petal

Post by petal »

What happens if you use the old monitor again?
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

petal wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:41 pm What happens if you use the old monitor again?
Unfortunately it died, hence the new one. I did however have Scope working with this new monitor for a few days before it just decided to not launch the other day.

Probably unrelated, but worth mentioning is that my Firefox has also become buggy and I can't access emails, Facebook and a few other sites. It became quite unusable . I resorted to using Chrome for now but I don't know if this could be related in some way?
petal

Post by petal »

Hmm.. I'm not sure I would trust that installation of Windows anymore.

The next thing I would try would be a fresh install of windows to start to rule out things. If you have a different hdd/sdd, you could start trying with that in order to not delete your current installation on a hunch.

I might also considder changing passwords in case your computer/installation is infiltrated somehow?